PHP
Kotlin
Intro to Discrete Math
Programming Languages
Work stuff

Comments

• Options
    DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    :) I have the joy of being in one, and a boss who thinks like this.

I don't think this idea is really that radical, It has always shocked me how companies are happy to throw money at hard wear to solve issues, when really if they had the technical staff, and gave them a little time they would find the hardware they already have and applications they are running are more than capable of getting the job done.

So in this job we work on making solutions rather than buying them. Spend money on a configuration back up tool and a server to run it on? Nah jsut write a script to do it for you. not only does it cost less, you can make it doe exactly what you want.

I think the more commercial you go the less you see companies allowing people to play out this "hacker" position. But in the acdamic world so much is bespoke anyway that the culture runs over in to the generaly IT systems, and all our jobs have this side to them.
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • Options
    ptilsenptilsen Member Posts: 2,835 ■■■■■■■■■■
    This might be the answer to a recent thread of mine. :D
    Working B.S., Computer Science
    Complete: 55/120 credits SPAN 201, LIT 100, ETHS 200, AP Lang, MATH 120, WRIT 231, ICS 140, MATH 215, ECON 202, ECON 201, ICS 141, MATH 210, LING 111, ICS 240
    In progress: CLEP US GOV,
    Next up: MATH 211, ECON 352, ICS 340