Options

Question Need some Help about it

Beautiful FairyBeautiful Fairy Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey I have a question plz somebody help me to solve it

Assume

that three I/O devices are connected to a16-bit, 100 MIPS CPU. The first device is a hard drive with a maximum transferrate of 2MB/sec. It has a half word (16-bit) bus. The second device is a floppydrive with a transfer rate of 10KB/sec over 8-bit bus, and the third device isa keyboard that must be polled 25 times per second. Assuming that the pollingoperation requires 40 instructions for each I/O device, determine the percentageof CPU time required to poll each device and also state what you infer aftercalculating these percentages

How would we do it plz elaberate a bit

thanks in advance

Comments

• Options
    georgemcgeorgemc Member Posts: 429
    Why don't you read your book and at least attempt to do your own homework?
    WGU BS: Business - Information Technology Management
    Start Date: 01 October 2012
    QFT1,PFIT in progress.
    TRANSFERRED/COMPLETED: AGC1,BBC1,LAE1,QBT1,LUT1,QLC1,QMC1,QLT1,IWC1,INC1,INT1,BVC1,CLC1,MGC1, CWV1 BNC1, LIT1,LWC1,QAT1,WFV1,EST1,EGC1,EGT1,IWT1,MKC1,MKT1,RWT1,FNT1,FNC1, BDC1,TPV1 REQUIRED:
  • Options
    AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    While it could have been a wee but more polite george has a point. At least try to show that you have attempted working something like this out and ask for verification etc. That would get a much better response.

Locking.
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
This discussion has been closed.