• Options
    keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    indeed.. icon_lol.gif
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • Options
    Chivalry1Chivalry1 Member Posts: 569
    bighusker wrote:
    keenon wrote:
    what he offered wasn't advice on a job search its called criticism.. read the beginning of the threads to see what he asked . icon_wink.gif

Criticism and advice are not mutually exclusive. Too many people are caught up with what's offensive that they can't understand this simple concept.

The OP was wondering why he couldn't advance in the IT Field. Another person chimed in that maybe he should brush up on his grammar and spelling, as that could be a potential reason why his opportunities are lacking. If the OP or anyone else would rather take offense and whine about how mean-spirited that post was, then it's their choice. A person who actually cared about getting ahead would take the advice to heart and at least consider it. It's really quite simple.

My point is that what he claims to be constructive criticism is irrelevant. The OP could not have gotten the job because he had dirt under he fingernails, he did not shave, maybe wore blue jeans and a flannel shirt. There are a million and 1 factors that could have lead him in not obtaining the job. My point is that all of these are speculation. Basing this assumption off of one post is a little short-sited, over critical and strays from the original point of the post. Remember we can assume anything, the variables are just to many to consider.
    "The recipe for perpetual ignorance is: be satisfied with your opinions and
    content with your knowledge. " Elbert Hubbard (1856 - 1915)
  • Options
    pretty_boypretty_boy Inactive Imported Users Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Chivalry1 wrote:
    bighusker wrote:
    keenon wrote:
    what he offered wasn't advice on a job search its called criticism.. read the beginning of the threads to see what he asked . icon_wink.gif

Criticism and advice are not mutually exclusive. Too many people are caught up with what's offensive that they can't understand this simple concept.

The OP was wondering why he couldn't advance in the IT Field. Another person chimed in that maybe he should brush up on his grammar and spelling, as that could be a potential reason why his opportunities are lacking. If the OP or anyone else would rather take offense and whine about how mean-spirited that post was, then it's their choice. A person who actually cared about getting ahead would take the advice to heart and at least consider it. It's really quite simple.

My point is that what he claims to be constructive criticism is irrelevant. The OP could not have gotten the job because he had dirt under he fingernails, he did not shave, maybe wore blue jeans and a flannel shirt. There are a million and 1 factors that could have lead him in not obtaining the job. My point is that all of these are speculation. Basing this assumption off of one post is a little short-sited, over critical and strays from the original point of the post. Remember we can assume anything, the variables are just to many to consider.

Who said I had problem with getting a Job. icon_confused.gif

Stop reaching. :D
  • Options
    bighuskerbighusker Member Posts: 147
    Good to see I wasted my time here.
  • Options
    NoodsNoods Member Posts: 168

You did in your first post, remember?
    Now remember I was a stock clerk, and now I have more certs than 85% of the people that work above me. And guess what? I am still an Operator 1. One level from a stock, I wonder do certs only mean something when you are a particular race.

Can we just let this thread die?
  • Options
    Noods wrote:

You did in your first post, remember?
    Now remember I was a stock clerk, and now I have more certs than 85% of the people that work above me. And guess what? I am still an Operator 1. One level from a stock, I wonder do certs only mean something when you are a particular race.

Can we just let this thread die?

I am Operator 1, one level from a stock clerk. Promotion is my problem. It's obvious I have job. I never said I was fired or not working.
  • Options
    pretty_boy wrote:
    bighusker wrote:
    Chivalry1 wrote:
    drainey wrote:

. The subject went from race and promotion to grammar/spelling errors.
  • Options
    pretty_boy wrote:
    Tekniques,

Jonnynodugh, Only one thing that is holding me back, I have received numerous of job offer, but again the only thing that holding me back, is the fact the my employer that I work for now will pay for my college. Also, and I’m kind of scared of leavening, because of what I am going through now. I would rather leave with both a degree and certs.

I would also like to think all of you for your intelligent replies. All replies have been taken in consideration. Once again, Thanks .

Do You Remember!!!!!!! icon_lol.gif NOODS
  • Options
    Guess what? My boss just told me that I will be receiving a promotion soon. Maybe time was more the issue than racism and grammar/spelling errors icon_lol.gif This has to do with more change than anything. At this particular time I have a lot of new bosses.
  • Options
    jd_mattosjd_mattos Member Posts: 134
    Well Congrats!
    I know how you feel in not getting paid enough for what you do, and I am sure many of use have this problem.
    It happens a lot in the IT field. You just have to suck it up and live with it or move on to another job.

But anyways congrats on the promotion!