Options

CCNA (LIVING DOCUMENT) with NETCAD EXPLORATION IV

2»

Comments

• Options
    Legacy UserLegacy User Unregistered / Not Logged In Posts: 0 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Instead of going back and forth about it just go take the test if you feel that referring only to the icnd2 is good enough to pass you'll find out for yourself.
  • Options
    zrockstarzrockstar Member Posts: 378
    Illumanati wrote: »
    @networker how about you introducing me to one or two of these people you claim have passed the entire ccna without labbing. I doubt I will get even one so I am not holding my breath.

He's not trying to say that is a legitimate way of passing. He is saying you can pass the test by cutting corners, much like you and your instructor are recommending, but that isn't the preferred way because you are going to fall on your ass as soon as you get into the field and run into problems relating to the corners you cut. Sorry man, but you are defending this concept to death and it is a bad one.
    ...so please if you are so distracted as to post on something you are not an expert about, try to refrain because might miss something FACTUAL !

Heed your own advice! If you haven't passed, or even attempt your CCNA test, don't tell others how to study and pass for it. Sorry man, I hate to be brash, but you need to give up on this idea and don't challenge people like Networker050184 who are very well recognized and respected on this forum, simply because he doesn't agree with something your community college professor said.
    ...you need CLI experience and not lab experience. There is a difference between the two...

Please enlighten us, I think a lot of people will be confused by this. Are you talking about experience as in on the job, or that when studying, labbing and CLI practice are not one in the same?
  • Options
    BlowindoeBlowindoe Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    In my opinion if you are not already in the field of networking you need to take the two test route to build on your fundamentals. I am sorry but your college professor is wrong,
    And as others have said you have multiple CCNAs and CCNPs trying to give you advice and you still continue to argue...

I guess what they say is true...Ignorance is bliss
  • Options
    Patel128Patel128 Member Posts: 339
    ....Thank you!! I was beginning to think I was giving out bad advise.
    Studying For:
    B.S. in Computer Science at University of Memphis
    Network+
    Currently Reading:
    CompTIA Network+ Study Guide - Lammle
  • Options
    Legacy UserLegacy User Unregistered / Not Logged In Posts: 0 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Who left me a reputation for my comment stating "dont be ignorant and learn to read between the lines!"? Nothing that I wrote was by any means ignorant. I'm assuming it was left by Illumanti may be wrong.. Just was making a point if someone prepping for exam wants to skip over the fundamentals thats taught in icnd1 that there loss and it'll show come interview time.

If your main concern is passing it then **** it and get weeded out in the interview. Remember the CCNA isn't about passing a test its about learning how networks function and data flows. Also, acquiring the associate level knowledge to manage and configure a smb network. Like I said why keep beating a dead horse if you think your professor is right go take the test and see for yourself.
  • Options
    Patel128Patel128 Member Posts: 339
    Yeah, I got the same reputation. I figured it was Illumanati. I think he should try to take the composite, and see how much the fundamentals do actually mean, not only for the test, but for his career.
    Studying For:
    B.S. in Computer Science at University of Memphis
    Network+
    Currently Reading:
    CompTIA Network+ Study Guide - Lammle