WHY would people recommend Compatia+ first?

2»

Comments

• makronikmakronik Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You should go try to find a job now. Don't wait!

Well I need experience, and some sort of knowledge first.
  • neoteslaneotesla Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    For certain Level 1 support jobs you don't really need that much knowledge (topping up printers w. paper, resetting passwords, etc.) It's often more about customer service than the IT know-how.
  • Reck_Reck_ Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    makronik wrote: »
    Hello peeps, it is me AGAIN (oh no!). Got couple of questions to ask, maybe this will be my last questions about networking ^^.

Q1. Why would professionals in networking recommend comptia A+ to newbies, like me? Is it easy? does comptia+ cover stuff that is easier to understand?

Q2. After completing Comptia A+, should i do CCNA? or just do CCNA WITHOUT comptia A+

Q3. What is difference between ICNDA 1 and ICNDA 2 in cisco? , if I pass ICNDA 1 will i be fully certifined in CCNA ? or do I need to pass both :E?

Q1 Answer: They recommend COMPTIA A+ to have a solid foundation about computers.If you are in the "total beginner" bracket its best to have this cert first rather take the more complicated one.

Q2 Answer: In my opinion, CCNA is more on networking side + cisco technologies combined. There would be a lot of terminologies and concepts that you will be facing if you go directly to CCNA after you completed your A+. I strongly recommend taking N+ first as this certification tackles in depth networking concepts that bridges CCNA topics.

Q3 Answer: heres a comparison for your inquiry : CCNA - Career Certifications & Paths - Cisco Systems .
    As I understand, passing ICND1 you earn the CCENT title. To have the CCNA you need to pass both (822 and 816) or take the composite one (802)