Options

Find pictures of your teacher in her lingerie on the school owned iPad?

AlexNguyenAlexNguyen Member Posts: 358 ■■■■□□□□□□
Four boys were allowed to access the teacher's iPad and discovered the photo. The picture was on the teacher's personal cell phone and had been stored in iCloud and therefore streamed to her school-owned iPad.

Source: Photo subject wasn

The four boys got suspended but the teacher is cleared because the photo subject wasn't topless.
Knowledge has no value if it is not shared.
Knowledge can cure ignorance, but intelligence cannot cure stupidity.

Comments

• Options
    ZartanasaurusZartanasaurus Member Posts: 2,008 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I dunno what school rule the boys broke, but this doesn't seem like a suspending offense to me. OTOH, I DO think the teacher did something wrong as she was negligent with what appeared on her school owned equipment. She is responsible for what appears in her classroom. I don't think she should be disciplined, however. Hopefully she has a better understanding of how iCloud works though. :)
    Currently reading:
    IPSec VPN Design 44%
    Mastering VMWare vSphere 5​ 42.8%
  • Options
    sratakhinsratakhin Member Posts: 818
    Where are the pictures? :)
  • Options
    SteveLordSteveLord Member Posts: 1,717
    They apparently uploaded the pis to Facebook, which is why they are in big trouble.

My question is.......why was her AppleID on the school's iPad? That is the only way it would sync from her phone and iCloud.
    WGU B.S.IT - 9/1/2015 >>> ???
  • Options
    ZartanasaurusZartanasaurus Member Posts: 2,008 ■■■■■■■■■□
    SteveLord wrote: »
    They apparently uploaded the pis to Facebook, which is why they are in big trouble.

My question is.......why was her AppleID on the school's iPad? That is the only way it would sync from her phone and iCloud.
    It should come as zero surprise to anyone here that people treat their company issued equipment as personal equipment. Heck I sync my personal Dropbox and Google Drive accounts on my work PC, but I don't put anything on there that would be deemed inappropriate at work.
    Currently reading:
    IPSec VPN Design 44%
    Mastering VMWare vSphere 5​ 42.8%
  • Options
    tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    SteveLord wrote: »

See that makes sense, the teacher should be disciplined as well though. I don't know how harshly she should be disciplined but it should take into account if she was trained on using school equipment and signed an agreement not to use the equipment for her own personal use. I have no experience how tablets work in the work environment due to Apple ID or Google ID though would assume there was some sort of master account? or locks in place to prevent installing unauthorized apps?
  • Options
    eansdadeansdad Member Posts: 775 ■■■■□□□□□□
    From my exp with school districts and iPads/iPods they are given to the teachers/staff without much instruction and set up as that person instead of as a teacher resource. To much tech and not enough training makes for some interesting times.
  • Options
    kj0kj0 Member Posts: 767
    It does vary. I just set up 10 iPads that were issued by the Department Of Edu. here in Queensland and they are set up for the students and a teacher can use one of them while his/her class is using them. They then go back into a trolley to sync and charge ready for the next class. They are set up with profiles with iCloud blocked and a few other things as Student could use any of the 10.

So far I've already had two female teachers come into my office for some other IT issue and notice the iPads sitting on my desk and they respond "Ohh, is that my new toy?" Bit concerning, but I am glad that they are locked down and they don't know that.

I also set up 4 new iPads the other day, Barely did much for these as 1 is mine for testing purposes, another was for the Head of IT, one for the Deputy principal while he is away, which when he comes back is going in to the classrooms, and finally the principal (Headmaster) got one. He, however, got a 64gb Cellular and then he got his iTunes synced. regardless of what you do, he will still treat it personally, we don't really care about him using it as a personal device, as it means he will treat it a lot better.
    2017 Goals: VCP6-DCV | VCIX
    Blog: https://readysetvirtual.wordpress.com