Options

Offered new job (IT Security Manager)

2»

Comments

• Options
    kurosaki00kurosaki00 Member Posts: 973
    gratz man!
    You are one of the people I always see here with great advices and helping others.
    I'm really glad you got a nice gig!
    meh
  • Options
    cgrimaldocgrimaldo Member Posts: 439 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm excited for you!
  • Options
    ZorodzaiZorodzai Member Posts: 357 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I'm extremely late but congratulations are definitely due. You are one of the stalwarts of the forum and definitely give good advice - you definitely deserve the "upgrade"
  • Options
    cmitchell_00cmitchell_00 Member Posts: 252 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats to you in the new journey.
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Wow - Very kind statements thanks a lot for those. I am defiently someone who thrives off of positive feedback so thanks!

The position was overwhelming with all the different processes and the different type of work. Security/access provisioning is a lot different than support that's for sure.

I have a strong management team around me and some really good people so hopefully I can ramp up fairly quickly and become a value add. Currently I am managing two teams that provision accounts on health care claim systems. One is a platform hosted on a mainframe and the other is a UNIX based system.

One is an in-house based system the other is a 3rd party vendor system. I have a lot to learn and my brain is racked but the confidence is there.

Just picking up on the terminology is a feat the first couple of days.

Since this is a cert forum I have to mention all the certifications listed in the signature blocks. (GIAC and CISSP) were all over the place :)

I'll update later next week if anyone cares lol

Night
  • Options
    paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Great to hear that you liked your first day...

Health care systems huh - you better get cracking on familiarizing yourself with HIPAA icon_smile.gif The HHS is starting to crack down on very small breaches. They settled today for a breach of less than 500 individuals for $50k. Also, I haven't read the latest Penemon study on patient privacy but I understand that they found that 94% of hospitals in US suffer data breaches.