Options

Had technical interview, feeling myself so stupid :/

2»

Comments

• Options
    ZartanasaurusZartanasaurus Member Posts: 2,008 ■■■■■■■■■□
    GOZCU wrote: »
    Wohoo ! i have passed the interview ! I do have a face to face interview tomorrow with HR manager :)
    Congrats. I didn't think you did poorly on your answers. They weren't perfect, but you definitely displayed some knowledge. You are just hard on yourself, which is a good trait IMO.
    Currently reading:
    IPSec VPN Design 44%
    Mastering VMWare vSphere 5​ 42.8%
  • Options
    RouteMyPacketRouteMyPacket Member Posts: 1,104
    Wohoo ! i have passed the interview ! I do have a face to face interview tomorrow with HR manager :)

Congrats! With the BS questions he threw at you, he was baiting you just to hear your reaction. I've done that before in interviews just to get someone to be honest and say "i''m not sure" or "i don't know" versus some bs verbage that really tells me you know nothing.

It's not always about answering trivial questions but how you handle and or approach them. Let us know how it turns out, chin up. You're on your way!
    Modularity and Design Simplicity:

Think of the 2:00 a.m. test—if you were awakened in the
    middle of the night because of a network problem and had to figure out the
    traffic flows in your network while you were half asleep, could you do it?
  • Options
    GOZCUGOZCU Member Posts: 234
    I rocked ! icon_thumright.gif

At the morning I had an interview with HR and after a while I got a phone call again. They invited me to the 3 rd round small technical interview. My 3rd round went pretty well and now i feel very happy :D Tomorrow morning they will inform me about the result ^^

Thx guys, great support and information here. Without you it could be much harder :)
  • Options
    ChitownjediChitownjedi Member Posts: 578 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats man, this is very good news hopefully more to come.
  • Options
    zrockstarzrockstar Member Posts: 378
    I rocked ! icon_thumright.gif

At the morning I had an interview with HR and after a while I got a phone call again. They invited me to the 3 rd round small technical interview. My 3rd round went pretty well and now i feel very happy :D Tomorrow morning they will inform me about the result ^^

Thx guys, great support and information here. Without you it could be much harder :)

Congrats and good luck! Same thing kind of happened to me recently, I felt like I was bombing a tech part of the interview, guy even said "Well I think I heard enough," then I get an e-mail a few days later inviting me to the next step and I passed that and got in too. I think interviewers act put off like that on purpose to see how you react under pressure. I am sure you got this one in the bag, seeing the evolution of your posts and the support of others in this thread is pretty amazing!
  • Options
    MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm no longer a big fan of trivia style interviews. Anyone fresh from a certification study period could ace it but it still doesn't tell you much about how effective they could be in your live environment

Don't agree. I love trivia based questions for a phone screen.

You say you have 20 years of networking/security experience but you can't explain what ports ftp/smtp/http are on? You can't explain what spanning tree does? You don't know what a /24 is? Great, let's end this phone call so I can get on to bigger and better things.

I ask a TON of technical questions in interviews but never expect 100% on answers. I want to hear the candidate talk as if he has actually studied something before... And not just Googled/brain dumped everything. With Microsoft, I can so easily tell if someone actually studied for the MCSE or not. The OP definitely answered questions like he has studied subjects before so he definitely already passed my #1 test.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • Options
    linuxloverlinuxlover Banned Posts: 228
    Congratulations, I'm so jealous! :)
  • Options
    flash27flash27 Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    When I had my first technical job interview I thought I did horrible. 30 minutes later I got a job offer but end up turning it down.
  • Options
    linuxloverlinuxlover Banned Posts: 228
    GOZCU: How did you get your first networking job? I'm also looking to start a networking career after I pass my CCNA but I'm beginning to think it's not going to happen for me seeing how all networking jobs require networking work experience which I don't have. I noticed you said you have 7 months worth of experience, how did you get that job?