Options

Paranoid About Braindumps Now lol

XyroXyro Member Posts: 623
I recently came to the decision to use the Boson Exam Environment to go along with my Boson Netsim; however, I now wonder if this would be considered a "braindump"??

It seems unlikely, but I assumed it would be a "safer" option to inquire to others whom know better than to just assume it wasn't.

Comments

• Options
    IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    Nope. Boson is completely safe. They give great sample questions that are similar to what you would see on the test but not anywhere close to being word-for-word. There's a site that can tell you what's a **** or not. I don't seem to have it here but I'm sure someone can post it on this thread
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • Options
    Ok, thank you. That's what I was primarily assuming, but I didn't want to complete the opinion until I heard from others with more experience.
  • Options
    DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Boson is a exam simulation, in that it asks questions in a simular manor, at the same lever and on the same topics of the certification you are studying.

A brain **** is getting hold of the actually questions that will be on the test and memorizing the answers to pass the test.

two completely different things! being able to get 100% in boson exam sim in no way grantees you will do will in the actual exam, in fact I can tell you from experience that the real exam bears little relation ship to Boson. Boson is a "respected" learning tool that is used by many people and if there was any hint it was "brain dumping" cisco and the likes would be coming down on it like a ton of bricks.
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • Options
    DevilWAH wrote: »
    Boson is a exam simulation, in that it asks questions in a simular manor, at the same lever and on the same topics of the certification you are studying.

Ok, this is exactly how I was assessing & viewing it, thank you.
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    When in doubt, check your learning material at certguard.com
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    Eh Essendon, this site is great... thank you!
  • Options
    instant000instant000 Member Posts: 1,745
    You must spread some reputation around before giving it to Essendon again. :D

But, yeah, I was going to say certguard.com also :D
    Currently Working: CCIE R&S
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/lewislampkin (Please connect: Just say you're from TechExams.Net!)
  • Options
    joey3kjoey3k Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    has anyone used certguard lately? i seem to be getting an error every time i try to check with it.
    CDO.Message.1 error '80040213'
    The transport failed to connect to the server.
    /inc/inc_SendMail.asp, line 73
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Works for me, just punched in a well known **** site and the result was just as expected. Is this where your putting in the URL? Search
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Another great resource for test questions is Transcender really. The questions are a lot harder than the real thing and give proper explanations why each response is wrong or right and give usually references of the official documentation where that particular topic is covered.

Not cheap though - but you get what you pay for :)
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • Options
    DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Seems we are OK here then :)

CertGuard has designated this website as a SAFE Forum and we believe they are a great resource for your certifications. The administrators, moderators, and other members of this forum are dedicated to helping other candidates approach, prepare for, and pass their certification exams honestly, ethically and legally. Additionally, it appears this site does not tolerate cheating or the use of braindumps.
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • Options
    joey3k wrote: »
    has anyone used certguard lately? i seem to be getting an error every time i try to check with it.
    CDO.Message.1 error '80040213'
    The transport failed to connect to the server.
    /inc/inc_SendMail.asp, line 73

I ran 2 searches. The first 1 was ok, but the second 1 came up with that identical error for me also.
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    ***********.com

most **** sites will look like that when you try to post them here also. If someone has to resort to brackets and stuff to post a URL then it's a **** (or at least questionable)
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    In addition to certguard, a good method to use is to avoid anything that guarantee's a pass.
  • Options
    Yet, that can be confusing... as in the case of Transcender which appears to guarantee a pass, yet comes up clean at certguard. icon_confused.gif:
  • Options
    Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I didn't mean to use that against certguard, I meant more along the lines of- you're at a community college signing up for a class, and they advertise a "guaranteed pass" for the CCNA. Certguard is not perfect, but if it lists it as a ****, it's probably right. If it doesn't list it, then I wouldn't call it a ****, but I wouldn't use it either.
  • Options
    docricedocrice Member Posts: 1,706 ■■■■■■■■■■
    jibbajabba wrote: »
    Another great resource for test questions is Transcender really. The questions are a lot harder than the real thing and give proper explanations why each response is wrong or right and give usually references of the official documentation where that particular topic is covered.

It's been a few years since I used Transcender, but when I was using it as an exam prep I felt their product could be improved. For some categories, there were literally only a handful of questions.

http://www.kimiushida.com/bitsandpieces/ramblings/transcender_needs_more/
    Hopefully-useful stuff I've written: http://kimiushida.com/bitsandpieces/articles/
  • Options
    Mrock4 wrote: »
    If it doesn't list it, then I wouldn't call it a ****, but I wouldn't use it either.

Definitely understood & agreed - I wouldn't either.
  • Options
    Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Okay, there is one thing I do not understand - how is it possible for those **** to be out there?It turns out that there are even people selling them, what the **** is that?Why aren't the parties involved doing something about this and bring all these people down, this should be highly illegal.I just did a google search and with a little digging there were not only questions but exact answers.And here I was taking pride in my certifications, thinking you can **** in school but not on certs. I just find it hard to comprehend that material like this is freely available.
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • Options
    JustFredJustFred Member Posts: 678 ■■■□□□□□□□
    How do Rogue states still manage to acquire banned arms?
    [h=2]"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true." Spock[/h]
  • Options
    RouteMyPacketRouteMyPacket Member Posts: 1,104
    Okay, there is one thing I do not understand - how is it possible for those **** to be out there?It turns out that there are even people selling them, what the **** is that?Why aren't the parties involved doing something about this and bring all these people down, this should be highly illegal.I just did a google search and with a little digging there were not only questions but exact answers.And here I was taking pride in my certifications, thinking you can **** in school but not on certs. I just find it hard to comprehend that material like this is freely available.

Calm down Francis, you either know it and your work shows it or you don't. Don't worry about "paper" certified tards. They stick out like a sore thumb anyway.
    Modularity and Design Simplicity:

Think of the 2:00 a.m. test—if you were awakened in the
    middle of the night because of a network problem and had to figure out the
    traffic flows in your network while you were half asleep, could you do it?
  • Options
    Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Sorry but I was pretty pissed off :D I guess you're right but it still bugs me.
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • Options
    IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    From my understanding, braindump companies either pay off testing center folks or have someone go in with a hidden camera and retake the test over and over again. Currently, most major vendors only use a question bank of about 100-200 questions so the task of getting all the questions in the bank would be fairly simple if the dumping company just retook the test 3-4 times. If vendors adopted practical exams instead of multiple choice, that would be awesome. If not that, a big thing that could prevent it would be to adopt the ISC2 method of testing: Large pool of questions (2000-3000+) and constantly retiring questions annually. It would be much harder for a dumper to memorize that many questions much less get their hands on the most recent test questions. I think we'd see more fails on each exam if they did that but we'd also see better and more knowledgeable professionals who pass the exam.

Anyways, my 2 cents.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Braindumps are bad, we know that. No need for further discussion on the topic.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    RanMicRanMic Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Braindumps are bad, we know that. No need for further discussion on the topic.

Why can't this be discussed? It's in the "general" section and as long as everyone is civil and respects each other I say debate on. People will always have their own opinion and not all will agree on a subject like this, but at least they have an avenue to use. If they dont want to read the postings then they dont have to, and they also dont have to respond either and for the ones that choose to, then so be it....just be respectful.
  • Options
    JustFredJustFred Member Posts: 678 ■■■□□□□□□□
    RanMic wrote: »
    Why can't this be discussed? It's in the "general" section and as long as everyone is civil and respects each other I say debate on. People will always have their own opinion and not all will agree on a subject like this, but at least they have an avenue to use. If they dont want to read the postings then they dont have to, and they also dont have to respond either and for the ones that choose to, then so be it....just be respectful.

Probably because we all know its not the right thing to do and discussing it is sort of irrelevant. Those who **** will **** either way
    [h=2]"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true." Spock[/h]
  • Options
    JustFred wrote: »
    Those who **** will **** either way

agree 100%.
  • Options
    dave330idave330i Member Posts: 2,091 ■■■■■■■■■■
    From my understanding, braindump companies either pay off testing center folks or have someone go in with a hidden camera and retake the test over and over again. Currently, most major vendors only use a question bank of about 100-200 questions so the task of getting all the questions in the bank would be fairly simple if the dumping company just retook the test 3-4 times. If vendors adopted practical exams instead of multiple choice, that would be awesome. If not that, a big thing that could prevent it would be to adopt the ISC2 method of testing: Large pool of questions (2000-3000+) and constantly retiring questions annually. It would be much harder for a dumper to memorize that many questions much less get their hands on the most recent test questions. I think we'd see more fails on each exam if they did that but we'd also see better and more knowledgeable professionals who pass the exam.

Anyways, my 2 cents.

Practical exams and/or large pool of questions cost money which will be passed onto test takers. Also, with the rapid advancement of technology, by the time practical exam or large pool are developed, they become outdated.
    2018 Certification Goals: Maybe VMware Sales Cert
    "Simplify, then add lightness" -Colin Chapman
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    RanMic wrote: »

Techexams does not condone the use or discussion of ****.

And as JustFred pointed out there is nothing to discuss.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    Techexams does not condone the use or discussion of ****.

And as JustFred pointed out there is nothing to discuss.

Well, if that's the rules of "Techexams" then that's fine and I support it.
    Now the "nothing to discuss" is obvisouly wrong because from what I see, lots of people have been discussing it......LOL (that is a joke)