Options

IAPP CIPM Certification

Comments

• Options
    OvercertifiedOvercertified Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I too hold ISACA and ISC2 (and many others as well, as per my moniker) and most of those are 3 year cycle. You are right it is 10 per year, 90 day grace, and there is also a one time 2-year catchup.

Since my last post, I actually received a discount code (100%) for the practice test, and I just tried it, and didn't do too bad. 15 out of 22. Almost a 70, not quite - but with no study or reading, just taking the practice test COLD. I bought their (IAPP) book, and will read it and I have the class coming up soon as well. We will see where it goes.
    Meanwhile I am also interested in ISC2 new forensics cert, maybe that will be next.
  • Options
    GoodBishopGoodBishop Member Posts: 359 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yep, your cert count is awesome! :)
  • Options
    wpc10980wpc10980 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am not trying to fit in the shoes of GoodBishop or Overcertified, :) but I just got a new cert - CIPP/E. I deal in EU and EEA privacy a lot, so this is great for me.
  • Options
    Congrats!!! Way to go. That is a interesting cert, and the landscape is changing rapidly in the EU, especially with the Snowden articles.

If you don't mind me asking - what did you do to study? Did you just read European Privacy: Law and Practice for Data Protection Professionals, or did you in addition read the global survey book?
  • Options
    Thanks. I did not use any additional resource. I read the European Privacy: Law and Practice for Data Protection Professionals (cover to cover) and invested an additional 25.00 in the Certification Practice Test, just to get a feel for the type of questions. I spent a little more time studying for this test compared to my CIPP/US or CIPP/IT certs. The EU landscape is a bit more complex.
  • Options
  • Options
    Dark AbyssDark Abyss Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just curious, how do you get discount codes for the CIPM practice test? I'm working on the CIPM. Thanks.
  • Options
    Good question. I don't know - maybe shoot IAPP a tweet or a email.
  • Options
    1vs1n1vs1n Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    GoodBishop,is it possible for you to share the foundation books for CIPP,i plan to do the exam
  • Options
    Sorry chief, I sold those ages ago. You'll have to get them from the IAPP website. It's worth getting through.

And if you're implying that "share" means "pdf and send to me", that's a big no. :)
  • Options

FREE [FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]access to online training for IAPP Certification Foundation and Certified Information Privacy Manager (CIPM) training; Use this promotion code to register for the Training: [/FONT][/FONT]APF2014
  • Options
    LeifAlireLeifAlire Member Posts: 106
    Perfect thanks and the code worked.
    2015 Goals: VCP-550 - CISA - 70-417
  • Options
    Yes, that's good. This code was the last slide in a presentation given at an IAPP conference. Taken from the last slide (see url in title).

Once you get into the training, there is a resource tab where you can d/l the slide deck w/notes
  • Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Wow. Thanks overcertified!!! Just used it to get the free training. That's an amazing value. CIPM wasn't on my radar for the near future but that just changed. Would be extremely beneficial for working at my current firm.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Thanks for the code! I got the Foundation course as I think this cert will be helpful in my current position!
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Options
    GarudaMinGarudaMin Member Posts: 204
    Thanks for the code. I registered for both.
  • Options
    colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I must be losing my mind, where do you sign up?

edit never mind, pulled my head out. :)
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
  • Options
    AnthonyFAnthonyF Member Posts: 109
    Quick update to the thread... I took and passed the CIPM today. It was comprised of 57 questions. I used the green book and the practice test to study for this exam. I got an 80% which is not bad, since I forgot about the test date completely. Thank goodness for Gmail calendar reminders or I would have been out a few bucks ;) Good luck all!
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats on the pass!

Did you do the foundation exam separately?
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
  • Options
    Yes - I took it about 5 months ago.
  • Options
    myculitomyculito Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Does anyone by chance have an updated code for the CIPM training? When I try to do it online, the code doesn't seem to work anymore.

Did anyone save the CIPM material and may be able to share?
  • Options
    sllezsllez Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello All!

I'm interested in taking the CIPP/G cert as I'm trying to re-career from an IT Project Manager and was wondering if anyone can give me some insight regarding the exam and training materials offered by IAPP.
    2 Questions:
    Is the CIPP and Foundations course on-line training worth taking or should I just purchase the book and study the book for the exam?
    How intense is both exams?

Thanks for your input!
  • Options
    I would say if you have a reasonable background in Information Security/Governance/Legal, then you can get by with just the book. I did it with just the book, and I would recommend going down that path unless you absolutely need the online training.

The exam wasn't intense like the CISSP, but you do have to know your stuff.
  • Options
    calvinycalviny Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Would you tell how long allowed for sitting the exam and didn't all questions in multiple choices?
  • Options
    I think the exam length and types of questions would be up on the IAPP site.
  • Options
    Passed the CIPM today.
  • Options
    thewayoumakethewayoumake Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Please help me with books for the CIPM exam.
  • Options
    guyenkoguyenko Registered Users Posts: 4 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hello to all,

I recently passed the CCSP from ISC2, and seeking what to learn next. With GDPR soon to be enforced, I was looking at the CIPM certification. Besides the CIPM (green book), the IAPP practice test, are there any other resources one should study from?

All recommendations are appreciated.