Ports 993, 995, 587, and 465
Some well-known ports are as follows:
- IMAP: 143
- POP3: 110
- SMTP: 25
- IMAPS: 993
- POP3S: 995
- SMTPS (or sSMTP): 587 (formerly 465)
- SMTPS - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Do I have the above correct?
- Anything you would add or clarify to enhance my understanding?
- I'm just curious which of the above secure versions are typically used in practice?
- Is it worth memorizing these ports for Security+ or the CISSP (my next cert)?
If you like my comments or questions, you can show appreciation by clicking on the reputation badge/star icon near the lower left of my post.