CCENT/CCNA Study Group

2»

Comments

• Santa_Santa_ Member Posts: 131 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I continue to get requests for the Google Groups. I hope it can pick up soon with a good following.
  • jlpete87jlpete87 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'd be interested as well.
  • treehousetreehouse Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I would also be interested. There are so many ways to study and so little time that some groupthink would be beneficial. Are you guys still breaking it down by test or is it going to be one big pot?
    2015 GOALS

VCP [ ] VCP5-DT
  • palitpalit Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I am interested in ICND 2 (640-816) study group
  • coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Member Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I am interested in the ICND 2 (640-816) study group
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"
  • bbarrickbbarrick Member Posts: 242 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Santa_ wrote: »
    Upon further investigation it seems like Google Groups would be sufficient enough for the need of supporting different groups with discussions. Similar to a thread created on any web-based forum.

Google Hangout will act differently in the that you'll be chatting with up to 9 individuals in a one time session which allows you to share videos, share screen, share apps, chat and probably a few other things.

If a thread was created within this website sub forum I feel like it will get dragged down and then end of on another page (unless it becomes a sticky thread).

Google groups created.

CCNA-CCENT-ICND1 640-822

CCNA-CCENT-ICND2 640-816

CCNA-CCENT-ICND1 100-101

CCNA-CCENT-ICND2 200-101

Editing in progress. So you will notice changes over the next few days, unless I get everything done tonight. ;D

Santa has some groups started for you guys to join. Once you send a request to join Santa can approve it. The 100-102 group has already had some discussions started about adding some studying notes from each chapter. Would be nice if the you guys take off with the others and maybe when we pass 100-102, we will be able to move up to the 200-101 group and there will be some content there to soak up already.
    Anything at this point is beneficial. Studying old material with new and vice-versa.

Accepting new requests. Keep them coming. :)
  • t5yll4t5yll4 Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hello,

I'm interested in being added to the CCNA-CCENT-ICND1 640-822 group.

Please advise.

Thanks.
    2015 Certification Goals:
    [ ] JNCDA (August), [ ] JNCIA-Junos (September), [ ] CCDA (pending), [ ] CCNP RS (tentative November)

"Duty then is the sublimest word in the English language. You should do your duty in all things. You can never do more, you should never wish to do less."
    - Robert E. Lee
  • CombluesComblues Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    This sounds like an interesting project.

Comblues
  • XyroXyro Member Posts: 623
    SephStorm wrote: »
    the first attemps failed, perhaps another medium would be good, may I suggest IRC?
    I wish! This would be an easy medium to set up as would any messenger groupings.

I regret making this thread & not being able to organize this. I only assumed someone else who had more time would be content in doing so... my error.
    t5yll4 wrote: »
    Hello,

I'm interested in being added to the CCNA-CCENT-ICND1 640-822 group.

Please advise.

Thanks.

If you click on the link for that group it will take you to google groups and will give you the ability to request membership there.
    Xyro wrote: »
    I wish! This would be an easy medium to set up as would any messenger groupings.

I regret making this thread & not being able to organize this. I only assumed someone else who had more time would be content in doing so... my error.

I think that's part of the problem for everyone, time. IRC could be used in conjunction with google groups I think. The groups idea creates sort of a sub forum where we can post specifically about one of the tests, ie notes/news. IRC would be great to ask questions.
  • t5yll4t5yll4 Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    bbarrick wrote: »
    If you click on the link for that group it will take you to google groups and will give you the ability to request membership there.

Ahh...a little bit of a duuhhhhh moment for meicon_redface.gif. Thanks!!!!!
    2015 Certification Goals:
    [ ] JNCDA (August), [ ] JNCIA-Junos (September), [ ] CCDA (pending), [ ] CCNP RS (tentative November)

"Duty then is the sublimest word in the English language. You should do your duty in all things. You can never do more, you should never wish to do less."
    - Robert E. Lee
  • jtcorcoranjtcorcoran Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have been studying for CCENT, with plans to take it in a few weeks. Joining the group.
    Accepted new requests.

I can't believe it's been almost a month already since this thread was created. I haven't even cracked up my new books.

New work has been keeping me busy learning about the Cisco ASA firewalls and Server 2008.
  • CoolBreeze90CoolBreeze90 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i'm really interested to these study groups! I applied as Niels Put. I am new to CCENT and CCNA, just bought the new books from Wendell yesterday. Ready to get started 22 june.
  • sbeauvais34sbeauvais34 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I would like to join the study group as well. Can someone tell me how to get started.

• JakurawJakuraw Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Anyone in the Bay Area CA that want to hang out and talk about[FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]​ccent[/FONT]
  • jcarrillo26jcarrillo26 Member Posts: 88 ■■□□□□□□□□
    hello,

I have a question, i have been in the Cisco netacad program for sometime now and i was wondering what layer of the osi model does end to end communication take place according to Pearson IT certification cd that comes with the icnd1 100-101 of the Cisco press book by Wendell Odom. I am just a little confused because i really thought it took place at layer 4 but according to the software it takes place at layer 3.

-Joe