Options

Do you encrypt your personal data?

2»

Comments

• Options
    GoodBishopGoodBishop Member Posts: 359 ■■■■□□□□□□
    GoodBishop wrote: »
    I should encrypt my stuff.... but I don't. icon_sad.gif

I need to organize my stuff before I encrypt it.
    Wait, wait... my laptop is encrypted! Truecrypt. My desktop though isn't. But it does have a security cable tying it down.
  • Options
    jmritenourjmritenour Member Posts: 565
    This is what always springs to mind when someone asks me about encryption...

security.png

I don't keep anything of value on my hard drive. I have a flash drive that lives in my safety deposit box. When I need to save sensitive date, I go to the bank, get it out, save it, then drop it off the next day. It might sounds like a PITA, but it's relatively quick and easy, gives me a degree of assurance that if my house ever burns down, I still have my sensitive info, and in the case of tax returns, I know I have them all in one place if I ever get audited. AND, as an added bonus, my wife knows where it is, so if anything ever happens to me, she can get to it.

Honestly, I'm far more concerned about my data being protected once I've willingly given it to another party than I am about it getting stolen from any of my systems.
    "Start by doing what is necessary, then do what is possible; suddenly, you are doing the impossible." - St. Francis of Assisi