Options

Can you touch type?

2»

Comments

• Options
    gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Yes I can - just as well - I just replaced all the keycaps on my Filco Majestouch (that I bring to work) with blank white keys.

Yes, I bought a keyboard just for use at work. If I'm going to be expected to be typing for 12 hours a day then I want a decent keyboard.

I own 2 Filco's... Did previously have a CM Storm keyboard and a Unicomp Buckling Spring effort.

The Filco with the Cherry MX Brown is my current favourite though. I do really, really fancy the Minila 67 key effort, but the problem with that is you can't get replacements for the space and the two "fn" keys as they are non standard sizes.

The tenkeyless ones I've got suffice though.

Don't think I will be replacing these keyboards for a long time to come yet.
  • Options
    SteveLordSteveLord Member Posts: 1,717
    typeracer.com

Another cool site that has you go up against other people. :)
    WGU B.S.IT - 9/1/2015 >>> ???
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I touch type when just typing stuff straight from my head. If typing as someone speaks to me or copying something my hands go to the standard hover position learned in typing class about a thousand years ago. I used to hit about 90-100 wpm but now only type about 50-60 as my fingers get sore (arthritis)
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.