Anyone else racing against the September 30 deadline?

2»

Comments

• Cat5Cat5 Member Posts: 297 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Mongo32 wrote: »
    Add me to the ICND2 list, I take it in the morning I have been studying with Lammle's CCNA book, CBT videos,and labs in Packet Tracer. I should have enough time to retake if I don't pass.

Good luck. I am tentatively hoping to take mine this Saturday - if I think I'm ready. But I'd rather be certain and pass than hope I"m ready, fail, and see $150.00 vanish.
  • smcclenaghansmcclenaghan Member Posts: 139
    Right here.

I started studying for ICND1 in Feb but had to put it down in order to pass the CISSP. I started again in April and got it in June: 950/1000. Since then (off and on) I've been studying for ICND2.

I feel mostly ready, but I'm taking my first Boson test tonight, so we'll see. I'm worried more about the time allotted than about not knowing the material.

I primarily used Odom's study guides. I tried Lammle but frankly got nothing from it. I think it would probably make a good refresher for folks who already know the material, but it didn't teach well and didn't cover enough. I also bought three 2950 switches and three 2600 routers. Messing with the lab equipment was essential to my really understanding the material. I just built a frame relay network tonight and only now do I really understand that stuff.

I'm still not feeling a hundred percent. I've got the weekend. My test is Monday (allowing enough time for a retake if I bomb it).
  • 01james1001james10 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    @smcclenaghan, I'm taking mine Monday as well. Good luck on yours. Good luck to everyone taking theirs before the deadline.
  • jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It's official...just dropped the $295 to take the test on 30 Sep 13.

Good luck all!
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna
  • uneeqstylezzuneeqstylezz Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    taking mine on sept. 27 icon_study.gificon_study.gif
  • alxxalxx Member Posts: 755
    I'm to far behind to make the old exams. Flatout with contract work in July/August.

I may have been able to do the old icnd1 but going for job interviews next week and starting new work the week after
    so decided to go for the new ones.
    Goals CCNA by dec 2013, CCNP by end of 2014
  • elitox87elitox87 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    went back today and passed. CHEERS
  • umarbhattiumarbhatti Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I am too trying to beat the deadline for 30th Sept, planning on sitting my exam on Monday. So even if i do fail i can have one more crack at it. Its really stressing me out as well
  • sucanushiesucanushie Member Posts: 163
    Booked ICND2 for Monday.

I feel ready, but will take this week/weekend to really hammer the topics home
  • nopixelnopixel Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    This thread has actually been encouraging, thanks OP. I'm sitting for ICND1 on the 21st. I've been studying 6-10 hrs a day for 1.5 months (currently unemployed). I'm SO ready to get this over with.

Good luck everyone, report back on Oct 1st!
    2018 goal: CCNA Collaboration - B]210-060[/B
  • draughtdraught Member Posts: 229 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm taking the ICND2 Friday. I've the spent the past two months studying for it and at this point I feel ready.
  • VenomSdMVenomSdM Member Posts: 20 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Took my ICDN1 yesterday! Just in time!
    Good luck for everyone, you can do it!
  • CCNTraineeCCNTrainee Member Posts: 213
    Taking the INCD1 this Saturday, the 21st. I will be the first time taking a Cisco test, hope to walk away from it with good news.
  • Cat5Cat5 Member Posts: 297 ■■■□□□□□□□
    sucanushie wrote: »
    Booked ICND2 for Monday.

I feel ready, but will take this week/weekend to really hammer the topics home
    Good luck. I initially took the composite test, and I honestly thought that I had it in the bag when I clicked "End Test." But I failed it, and by a lot. A friend had told me that he did the same thing, and the second go-round he took the ICND I and II and found it easier. I didn't think that was really true, but in order to not lose so much money in case I failed again, I did the same. I also found the two tests easier for some reason than the composite. Fortunately, I passed both the first time.
  • itgl72itgl72 Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Finished ICND2 this week. I was setting up with enough time to actually take it a second time if need be. Luckily, it wasnt needed. Good luck all.
  • Node ManNode Man Member Posts: 668 ■■■□□□□□□□
    i am racing against that deadline.
  • uneeqstylezzuneeqstylezz Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    i'll be looking to test this monday as well and hopefully pass it! if not, i'll at least have 1 more crack at it the following monday!
  • jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good luck to all!!!

I actually put in some good study sessions the last couple of days and am ahead of the schedule I had laid out...I should be on pace to have all of the last weekend available to me (outside of work and football ;)) to study one last time.

I got all my "weak areas" noted and will be going over them heavily when I review all of the material once more between now and then. I am spending a lot of time in the CLI to get comfortable with the commands and familiar with where to find and how to configure things.
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna