Options

Infiniti G35 2008

2»

Comments

• Options
    stlsmoorestlsmoore Member Posts: 515 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Akaricloud wrote: »
    I wouldn't really say a WRX or STi would be any cheaper to operate or repair. They're definitely a lot of fun but it comes at a price.

I'm really loving my Subaru BRZ as a daily driver lately, it might be an option if you're looking to buy new. They're going for ~23.5k new currently and your repair costs will be non-existent for quite some time.

Yea I had an 07 STI for a while and it was everything but cheap to maintain. I think I averaged about $700 a month for the car payment, gas, insurance, and maintenance. With that said I'm currently shopping around for it's competitor, the Lancer Evo.
    My Cisco Blog Adventure: http://shawnmoorecisco.blogspot.com/

Don't Forget to Add me on LinkedIn!
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/shawnrmoore
  • Options
    AnonymouseAnonymouse Member Posts: 509 ■■■■□□□□□□
    ^ Be careful if you're buying a used Evo. Lots of younger guys get these and tend to spend the money on go fast mods rather than upkeep. If it's a CT9A chassis then make sure the timing belt has been changed because a lot of people for some reason can't afford that cheap bit of maintenance. Evo owners do tend to change their oil religiously I noticed. Watch out for cars that were hastily put back to stock which is very common. I've had an Evo VIII for the past 6 years. It's been a very reliable car. The only problem I've had with it was operator error involving custom tuning. Otherwise I drive the crap out of it daily and it runs perfectly. The car is paid off and I'm done modding it so the cost of ownership is pretty low. $100 a month full coverage insurance and $50 gas every 250 - 300 miles depending on how much fun I had with that tank of gas.
  • Options
    KrekenKreken Member Posts: 284
    If you want a good and reliable luxury car, look into Lexus. I am on my second one and haven't had one problem. I get them new though but what I hear from the other people is that they rarely brake even 6-8 years down the road.
  • Options
    phalxphalx Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I agree with Kreken on this. I drive a Lexus IS350 and love it. I wish I had waited and picked up the face-lifted version that was released this year, but otherwise it is an amazing car that I have had zero issues with. I checked out the Infiniti's, BMW's and Audi's before getting it, and for me personally it was an easy decision. That being said, I have owned a BMW in the past and it was more "fun" to drive, but I've got a long commute and the Lexus is much more comfortable and practical for me while still having over 300hp for when I need it. Also, insurance is fairly cheap since the majority of Lexus owners are older.
  • Options
    clouderclouder Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Kreken wrote: »
    If you want a good and reliable luxury car, look into Lexus. I am on my second one and haven't had one problem. I get them new though but what I hear from the other people is that they rarely brake even 6-8 years down the road.

That's scary, I prefer my cars to brake when I want them to :) I kid, I kid. I hear many good things about Lexus as well, and their ratings are consistently stellar.
  • Options
    SteveLordSteveLord Member Posts: 1,717
    Cheap insurance on a Lexus? I wouldn't have guessed that since they're still imported Toyota parts.
    WGU B.S.IT - 9/1/2015 >>> ???
  • Options
    KrekenKreken Member Posts: 284
    I have paid $600 for a long time for a full coverage (even with a couple of tickets and accidents(not my fault)) and that's in NYC. After Sandy, insurance went up about $250 (don't remember exact number).

Another thing which I want to add is what you have to pay extra in BMW, Acura and etc, comes as standard features in Lexus.
  • Options
    almosttherealmostthere Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    gbdavidx wrote: »
    I think I'm gonna go w/ a used 2012 toyota Camry, seems to fit my bill more and they have a good reputation

Check out Altima/Maxima with the v6 if you are looking at a Camry. Same motor design as 350z/g35 etc. A good blend of the two!