Comments

• Options
    HailHogwashHailHogwash Member Posts: 87 ■■■□□□□□□□
    user1138 wrote: »
    Comcast just acquired Time Warner

Actually Comcast has not aquired TWC..YET.. merger is pending
  • Options
    anhtran35anhtran35 Member Posts: 466
    I have a friend looking to work a PT job at home. She has IT help desk experience. Is it a must for the position to be full time?
  • Options
    user1138user1138 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Right now the company is going through some changes which includes how metric scores are determined. The VoIP software suite has been changed to something completely different that functions quite a bit better than what we were using before.

Paid training includes 3 weeks of class, 1 week of calls, and then you are assigned a supervisor. Metrics will be explained to you during training. Basically, ticket to call ratio (how many tickets you have per call), average call time, repeat calls (within 1 week, if the customer calls back), and call quality (determined by an automated call that telephones the customer and asks them to complete a survey about you). You want your calls to last around 16 minutes, mine are 8-12. I'm in the top 15% of the company as far as metrics goes. My supervisor wants to promote me to either supervisor or corporate trainer. We will see.
  • Options
    PickerPicker Member Posts: 46 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Does anyone know if company like these exist in the UK?
  • Options
    powdered toast manpowdered toast man Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I average 38 hours a week and I have no desire to work anymore due to attending WGU full time for my Bachelors Degree in IT. There are quite a few shifts available to pickup outside of your normal schedule so working more than 40 hours is easy. The maximum amount of hours you can work is 55, no more than 4 extra, 30 minute shifts (2 hours), per day. No raises unless you are promoted. Part of your hours are not factored into your normal taxed paycheck so some of it is not taxed (for work-related materials). I start my day by logging into company chat using XMPP, clocking in using the payroll companies website, opening the new call center software (VoIP), loading the internal Comcast website after connecting and authenticating through VPN. Then I change my mode in the VoIP software to green so I can start taking calls. Cable modem/Wireless Gateway factory resets, soft resets, password resets for the router, wifi password resets, Comcast.net account creation, password resets, email client setup, identifying malware issues, activating/provisioning modems for new accounts, sending trucks, identifying hardware malfunctions, and identifying line and splitter issues. The job is 100% over the phone so customer service skills are a must and you have to have patience since most of the people that call don't have much experience using computers. That pretty much covers it.

Do you think a laptop alone would be sufficient enough for this job?

Also on the PC requirements it mentions you need at least a 2.2 GHz processor or above if it is a multi-core. I have a 2.1 GHz multi-core processor... Would they be that strict with the requirements to not accept me? Thanks
  • Options
    novovictusnovovictus Member Posts: 192
    I average 38 hours a week and I have no desire to work anymore due to attending WGU full time for my Bachelors Degree in IT.

I am curious how their scheduling works, I have heard reviews both ways that they are flexible and others that they demand a certain schedule. Do you know if they work around set schedule jobs?
    Working on: Doctor of Information Technology Information Assurance and Security @ Capella
  • Options
    anhtran35anhtran35 Member Posts: 466
    Here's another company that is doing remote desktop at home work. Salary is about $18 an hour:

Intermedia.net

This is their advertisement on Craigs:

Technical Support - VoIP or Email

Reviews on Glassdoor:

Working at Intermedia.net | Glassdoor