Cisco Unity

sendalotsendalot Posts: 328Member
So I have a CUCM on VM going on but failed to install "Cisco Unity" at the time due to hardware issue.

Is "Cisco Unity" crucial for the exam? If I want it, can I only install "Cisco Unity" or do I have to install the whole thing again?

If so, what should be the hardware settings to make this work?

Thanks.

Comments

• shodownshodown Posts: 2,271Member
    Not sure whats on the test

Start here Installation guide.

Installation Guide for Cisco Unity Connection Release 9.x - Installing the Operating System and Cisco Unity Connection 9.x [Cisco Unity Connection] - Cisco

Then integration guide

Cisco Unified Communications Manager SIP Integration Guide for Cisco Unity Connection Release 9.x - Setting Up a Cisco Unified Communications Manager 8.x and 9.x SIP Trunk Integration with Cisco Unity Connection [Cisco Unity Connection] - Cisco

Then

Cisco Systems, Inc

Learn how to use this site. Read the SRND's. They will tell you the majority of what you need to know. I know this is the long route to getting your CCNA V, but you will be much better off in the end. It took me 4 years to get my CCNP Voice, but doing it this way I feel comfortable dealing with the majority of voice engineers out here.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • sendalotsendalot Posts: 328Member
    Thanks for those links. What is Unity connection mainly for? For SIP or H323 trunking?

Thanks.
  • shodownshodown Posts: 2,271Member
    Time to do some googling and reading.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • ande0255ande0255 Posts: 1,178Banned
    Unity Connection is Communications Manager's voice messaging counter part, but that's all in the training videos. INE has some really good free CCNA Voice videos I used to pass, but I also work as a Voice tech for UC, so my job helped solidify everything.
    Back in my day we used to route packets on 56k lines, through the snow, uphill both ways.

https://loopedback.com
    Will do, thanks ya'll
  • JeanMJeanM Posts: 1,117Member
    shodown wrote: »
    Time to do some googling and reading.

sendalot - are you following / reading any kind of voice book for this at all ?
    2015 goals - ccna voice / vmware vcp.
    OCG for CCNA Voice and Portable Command Guide.