Options

Resigning

2»

Comments

• Options
    GarudaMinGarudaMin Member Posts: 204
    That's up to employer to define in a form of policy/procedure/guidance (if there exists governance or information security policy). If there are no policies then employers cannot take action. If there are and you violate them, they can take action (assuming they enforce it via technical controls that keep audit trail of your actions, such as DLP).
  • Options
    ChooseLifeChooseLife Member Posts: 941 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Hey guys, thanks everyone for your responses!

Whoa, that "backup" comment turned into an interesting debate! :)

Here's a quick update on my story:

It all went quite smoothly. I finalized the offer with the prospective employer, then submitted my resignation letter. The name of my future employer did not come up in the conversation - I went by your suggestions of not offering up what is not being asked icon_smile.gif And I don't ever discuss my compensation with anyone, the question was not really "should I tell people my salary" but rather "how many of you get asked about it on the way out" and "how do you tell people off nicely" icon_smile.gif

Thanks again
    “You don’t become great by trying to be great. You become great by wanting to do something, and then doing it so hard that you become great in the process.” (c) xkcd #896

GetCertified4Less
    - discounted vouchers for certs