Anyone ever deal with overseas jobs with the company Vectrus?

Comments

• Fulcrum45Fulcrum45 Member Posts: 621 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I must have lucked out. I had my interim Secret in two weeks and my full clearance in about 4 months.
  • xxxkaliboyxxxxxxkaliboyxxx Member Posts: 466
    Fulcrum45 wrote: »
    I must have lucked out. I had my interim Secret in two weeks and my full clearance in about 4 months.

Not really, different acgacies have different priorities. It all depends on what team your in and what is their priority set at.
    Studying: GPEN
    Reading
    : SANS SEC560
    Upcoming Exam: GPEN
  • joshmadakorjoshmadakor Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    dtmpower wrote: »
    Hi guys, i have made it so far as to complete all tasks, background, certs, and now i am awaiting review of equip for sec clearance and the medical appointment, on Friday i asked how long it would take for the equip and she quoted the government is backed up by 120 days? is this accurate? an additional 4 months to process a security clearance app? how long did it really take for you guys? i had a clearance before but i am within the 10 years for the application. I know its hard to state an actual time but have you guys experienced a lesser processing time?
    OPM (Office of Personnel Management, clearance processing people) got hacked a while back and this has caused major delays. The 4 months you were quoted is for your Interim Secret to be processed. It was the same for me and many people. I was sponsored for an Interim Secret last year in April and it didn't finish until August. Hope yours goes faster!
    WGU B.S. Information Technology (Completed January 2013)
    Has anybody here worked in Kuwait at Camp Arifjan (South West Asia Cyber Center)? Care to share any experiences?
  • LittleBITLittleBIT Member Posts: 320 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I heard rumors is super stressful, high visibility, political, and not a good time. Ive also heard its fun, relaxed, and Kuwaits not bad, just dirty.

You're experience will vary
    Kindly doing the needful
    LittleBIT wrote: »
    I heard rumors is super stressful, high visibility, political, and not a good time. Ive also heard its fun, relaxed, and Kuwaits not bad, just dirty.

You're experience will vary

said every employee at every company...
    Reading
    Has anybody here worked in Kuwait at Camp Arifjan (South West Asia Cyber Center)? Care to share any experiences?
    said every employee at every company...
    Hahaha, I'm done. I'll see when I get there I guess. (Just accepted a position)
    Hahaha, I'm done. I'll see when I get there I guess. (Just accepted a position)

Enjoy brother, save, save and save, workout and study. You'll enjoy your time there.....until you don't, but that is the beauty, you can leave after you have a nice little nest egg.
    Reading
    Dont leave to early or youll suffer some bad taxes!

I plan to head to SWACC in a few months, Iraqs getting kinda lame.
    Kindly doing the needful
    Oh, and Afghanistan is back up to 70%
    Kindly doing the needful
    Enjoy brother, save, save and save, workout and study. You'll enjoy your time there.....until you don't, but that is the beauty, you can leave after you have a nice little nest egg.
    Thanks for the advice. I plan to do exactly those things, I'm just a bit worried about time management as I'll be working 12 hour days
    LittleBIT wrote: »
    Dont leave to early or youll suffer some bad taxes!

I plan to head to SWACC in a few months, Iraqs getting kinda lame.
    That's where I'll be going! I just finished my medical exams. Have you been there yet? I'm really looking forward to it
    Thanks for the advice. I plan to do exactly those things, I'm just a bit worried about time management as I'll be working 12 hour days

That's where I'll be going! I just finished my medical exams. Have you been there yet? I'm really looking forward to it

lol, you will have more than enough down time to study on the job. Not to take anything from the guys/gals down there, but let's just say you can get real complacent really quick. It's dod contracting overseas, probably the biggest highway robbery for Americans. Just stay motivated and don't return with the one niche you'll be assigne to do.
    Reading

Not yet, Ive been looking at the Data Center jobs. Ill probably shoot there by July, we'll see. The vacation package is much better, plus having a private car and apt isnt bad if youre SWACC. :)
    Kindly doing the needful
  • TNboundTNbound Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    be ready for a whole new level of driving in Kuwait.
  • inscom.brigadeinscom.brigade Member Posts: 400 ■■■□□□□□□□
    i got the job offer, i already hold a secret clearance, they offered me less money than i am making in USA.
  • joelsfoodjoelsfood Member Posts: 1,027 ■■■■■■□□□□
    TNBound,

That's for sure. :) First night there, driving back to apartment, had to wait for someone in an old Datsun Zcar to stop doing donuts in the entrance to a roundabout.

inscom.brigade

Make sure when weighing the offer you take into account the tax breaks and the room/board, etc. Depending on whether you have a mortgage at home, those can add quite a bit to the offer.
    joelsfood, that's exactly what they said, but naw i turn them down. I told them if i want double pay i could go nyc and pay $600 mo in queens rent, & home for the week end.
    I told um go get a boy from alabama; they say maybe this maybe that they say, you maybe get promotion. I don't go for that kind of crap.
    joelsfood, that's exactly what they said, but naw i turn them down. I told them if i want double pay i could go nyc and pay $600 mo in queens rent, & home for the week end.
    I told um go get a boy from alabama; they say maybe this maybe that they say, you maybe get promotion. I don't go for that kind of crap.

whoa, you disrespecting bama? Roll TIDE!
    Reading
    whoa, you disrespecting bama? Roll TIDE!
    nope
    you could say floridia georgia anywere in the mid west, any po dunk hick mo town

Can I ask, what was the position and salary they offered you? Also, what location was this?
  • BlucodexBlucodex Member Posts: 430 ■■■■□□□□□□
    i got the job offer, i already hold a secret clearance, they offered me less money than i am making in USA.

Interesting. Did you ask for more and factor in that the first 102k or so was tax free? The huge benefit I see in a situation like this is many of us just don't have the discipline to save a large sum of cash like that. You can go overseas for a year and come back and build a house, pay off student loans (if you have them), buy a piece of land in the country, start a business. There's always the experience of having been abroad as well.
  • tiredofworkingtiredofworking Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    This process is so dreadful. Submitted sf86 back in November. Recruiter recently asked for copies of my drivers license. is the wait still 120 days? I heard OPM is backlogged a year.
  • BlucodexBlucodex Member Posts: 430 ■■■■□□□□□□
    This process is so dreadful. Submitted sf86 back in November. Recruiter recently asked for copies of my drivers license. is the wait still 120 days? I heard OPM is backlogged a year.

Different situation. But I submitted my SF86 back in April, finally had the interview in November, and I am still waiting. But this is not overseas so maybe it's a longer process but I have heard that what was once a few weeks is not about a year.
  • asianredneckasianredneck Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    So they offer $27 an hour. Isn't that a little low? I get $40 an hour in the states and get to sleep in my own bed.
    So they offer $27 an hour. Isn't that a little low? I get $40 an hour in the states and get to sleep in my own bed.
    Doing what and where(hazard/hardship uplift)? Also, how many hours per week(OT)?
  • MischejMischej Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey guys, I finally made it to Kuwait. Just got a word email though. It says:

This e-mail is generated to inform you that your residence is near expiry (< 90 days). Please DO NOT reply to this email. Contact Host Nations and/or HR Ops with any questions or concerns.

Thoughts? I literally just got here Sunday.
    Mischej wrote: »
    Hey guys, I finally made it to Kuwait. Just got a word email though. It says:

This e-mail is generated to inform you that your residence is near expiry (< 90 days). Please DO NOT reply to this email. Contact Host Nations and/or HR Ops with any questions or concerns.

Thoughts? I literally just got here Sunday.

email/call your sponsor, HR and Vectrus POC. Your sponsorship needs to get updated.
    Reading
  • TNboundTNbound Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    from what I gather, you either get a 90 day visa or a 1 year visa. 90 days are free, 1 yrs cost money. I dont know the ins/outs but this is what I have heard.
    TNbound wrote: »
    from what I gather, you either get a 90 day visa or a 1 year visa. 90 days are free, 1 yrs cost money. I dont know the ins/outs but this is what I have heard.

Thanks man. Its all good.
    Thanks. I got it figured out.