Options

Anyone ever deal with overseas jobs with the company Vectrus?

Comments

• Options
    MHardesty619MHardesty619 Registered Users Posts: 69 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm sure that's just a catch-all for anyone with sticky fingers.
  • Options
    DPrice1972DPrice1972 Registered Users Posts: 33 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Which is odd; in the fable, Ali Baba was the good guy. 
    ISC(2) CISSP ~/~ ISACA CISM & CISA ~/~ CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+, Project+ ~/~  PMI CAPM ~/~ Axelos ITILv3 Foundation
  • Options
    Kool_HunnidKool_Hunnid Member Posts: 20 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hey guys. So i accepted an offer with Vectrus some time early last month. I've completed the medical, dental, and received all my immunizations and I currently have one more Microsoft test to pass for my MCSA and then I'd be all set. I have a few questions though. Once I pass my last test and let my recruiter know then what's next in the process considering that I've taken care of all of the other requirements? Whats the timetable on deploying if lets say I pass my test next week? Also, how's the cellular service over there? Would I be able to keep my same device and possible just get an international plan? Is their wifi in the living arrangements? I'm aware that I have to be out of the US for 334 days out of the year, however, if I do decide to come back to the states to visit, could I come for like 10 days at a time or so? or do I have to take a full 30 days? How long after you start with Vectrus will you be able to take some time off? How long did it take you to receive your first paycheck with them? Is their healthcare expensive for a family plan? 
  • Options
    XepherXepher Member Posts: 184 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Hey guys. So i accepted an offer with Vectrus some time early last month. I've completed the medical, dental, and received all my immunizations and I currently have one more Microsoft test to pass for my MCSA and then I'd be all set. I have a few questions though. Once I pass my last test and let my recruiter know then what's next in the process considering that I've taken care of all of the other requirements? Whats the timetable on deploying if lets say I pass my test next week? Also, how's the cellular service over there? Would I be able to keep my same device and possible just get an international plan? Is their wifi in the living arrangements? I'm aware that I have to be out of the US for 334 days out of the year, however, if I do decide to come back to the states to visit, could I come for like 10 days at a time or so? or do I have to take a full 30 days? How long after you start with Vectrus will you be able to take some time off? How long did it take you to receive your first paycheck with them? Is their healthcare expensive for a family plan? 
    Once you've completed your steps on taleo, I. E some of the last steps should be like a international drivers license etc. like 20+ steps on the website. you deploy dependent on position openings, i'm assuming you're going as a SA? There is WIFI in living quarters. You can take as much time as you want up too 30 days, anything more requires PM and country manager approval. You can take vacation once you build the leave typically, everyone takes vacation after 6 months. The paycheck works like every company, every two weeks, depends on when you deploy to CRC. There is healthcare, it's ultra expensive, you should of saw the healthcare benefits through taleo.
    V/R

• Options
    SpeghettySpeghetty Registered Users Posts: 131 ■■■■□□□□□□

first off which country are you going to?
  • Options
    Afghanistan - Baghram
  • Options
    Xepher said:
    Once you've completed your steps on taleo, I. E some of the last steps should be like a international drivers license etc. like 20+ steps on the website. you deploy dependent on position openings, i'm assuming you're going as a SA? There is WIFI in living quarters. You can take as much time as you want up too 30 days, anything more requires PM and country manager approval. You can take vacation once you build the leave typically, everyone takes vacation after 6 months. The paycheck works like every company, every two weeks, depends on when you deploy to CRC. There is healthcare, it's ultra expensive, you should of saw the healthcare benefits through taleo.
    I'll double check the healthcare stuff in Taleo. Would an international DL be required considering that I'd be going to Baghram and can't go off base? Also, how long is the flight from there to the US? 
  • Options
    Afghanistan - Baghram

So once all your stuff is complete your recruiter will ask you a time to schedule to go to CRC. Your payment time starts once you hit CRC 2 weeks after that you get paid. Cellular service is terrible to uwill need to get a Afghan number so bring a phone that is unlocked. WiFi is in living arrangement the price is $155 a month for 6mbps speed. You have to complete 90 days before you can take vacation. You can take vacation in any increment up to 30 days anything after that has to be approved by Country Managment. Also it cost $1020 for a round trip out of Afghanistan that will take you to Dubai then you travel from there to where ever you are going it usually cost about another $2000 to get back to the States round trip. Also healthcare is expensive.
  • Options
    Xepher said:
    I'll double check the healthcare stuff in Taleo. Would an international DL be required considering that I'd be going to Baghram and can't go off base? Also, how long is the flight from there to the US? 

Yes international drivers permit is required. Sometimes you drive on base. The flight to the states depending on where you are at is about 16 hrs. You will be losing half a day also. You will be military charter though not commercial.
  • Options
    BranHard5BranHard5 Member Posts: 16 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I've accepted my offer and I'll be heading to Kuwait within 4 weeks. I have a vacation that I've already paid for and I can't get my money back. Its 11/5/19 - 11/11/19 do yall think that I'll still be able to go? 
  • Options
    MrsWilliamsMrsWilliams Member Posts: 192 ■■■■□□□□□□
    edited August 2019
    Speghetty said:
    Xepher said:

Yes international drivers permit is required. Sometimes you drive on base. The flight to the states depending on where you are at is about 16 hrs. You will be losing half a day also. You will be military charter though not commercial.
    @Speghetty

Sometimes I read a comment and laugh. Sometimes I read a comment and comment. @Speghetty Your comment is the most furthest from the truth that I've seen in a while. 

You don't need an international DL to drive on Bagram. 

IF that's something that Vectrus requires from a company standpoint that's different. I am not sure, I don't work for them.  But it's not a requirement to drive on base. 
  • Options
    Speghetty said:
    Xepher said:

Thanks for this info. I just access taleo, whenever I click on the benefits link, i receive a server error. I think that link is dead. Not sure if you or someone would have this handy. So you're saying that it cost roughly 1K just to fly to Dubai from Afghanistan round trip? and an additional 2k for a round trip to the states?
  • Options
    BranHard5 said:
    I've accepted my offer and I'll be heading to Kuwait within 4 weeks. I have a vacation that I've already paid for and I can't get my money back. Its 11/5/19 - 11/11/19 do yall think that I'll still be able to go? 
     :o 

So, you'll be heading to Kuwait in September and you want to go on leave in November. ... Interesting.

You won't have enough accrued leave in order to take a vacation. Someone would have to approve of you to go  in the hole with your leave days, as a new employee. 

Good Luck. 
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Speghetty said:
    Xepher said:

Thanks for this info. I just access taleo, whenever I click on the benefits link, i receive a server error. I think that link is dead. Not sure if you or someone would have this handy. So you're saying that it cost roughly 1K just to fly to Dubai from Afghanistan round trip? and an additional 2k for a round trip to the states?
    Sorry. While I am here. I apologize for the hijack.

You are going to be using DFS which equates to Fly Dubai to leave from Bagram. Long story short, it is not cheap (from a Vectrus standpoint anyway).

You can get on Expedia and search for flights to your home of record. So, DXB (Dubai) - HOR. 

For example: 

DXB-JFK 9/14-9/11 roundtrip. The lowest price is currently $1,003 Air France. 

I am not sure how Vectrus does leave now. It's been a while. I am sure someone can chime in with some current and truthful updates. Some companies out in the Middle East give people corporate credit cards (Which I confident Vectrus does not) and some companies reimburse the employee up to X amount of dollars. 

Good Luck

EDIT.
    I found a DFS email in my emails :) Yes, the ticket to leave cost about 1,000. That information is correct. I agree with @Speghetty

• Options
    edited August 2019
    BranHard5 said:
    @BranHard5

Speaking of international DL..... I suggest that you go to your nearest AAA and get one. It takes 5 minutes no appointment necessary. They'll take the pictures and all.

At one point in my life, I drove off base in Kuwait with one. Considering how strict like prison Vectrus is with the 1000 rules, you might or might not be able to do any of these. 

1. With an Int DL you can rent a car from Kuwait international Airport. 
    2. It's a rental car place in a hotel in Mahboula (Kuwait). So, basically where you'll be staying it's no more than 10 minutes away. The rental car place is on the bottom floor of an apartment building. This place and the one above offer insurance. 

I never really liked the shared vehicle situation that Vetrus did or does. People have girlfriends/boyfriends in Kuwait and the vehicle never seemed to be around when you needed it. Paying for a taxi adds up. Renting a car adds up as well. But, unless you stay in your room after work and watch tv...a rental car has advantages.  It's places that'll give you decent daily rates for long term rentals. I wouldn't say the two places above to rent cars are the cheapest. Just convenient. It's other places that can be cheaper. 

People drive like Nascar in Kuwait. It's speed cameras but it's also a sign that says speed camera ahead. So, after the sign and before the speed camera people slow down. After the speed camera people sometimes find themselves speeding up. I have been in many of vehicles where people floored the car.  I have never seen anyone get stopped by the police for speeding. I am not saying it doesn't happen I am just saying as I've drove past the police speeding they never stopped me. 

• Options
    XepherXepher Member Posts: 184 ■■■■□□□□□□
    BranHard5 said:
    If the company has already approved it, then yes, accountability is the number 1 thing here, if you bought a random vacation without actually discussing this with your employer, then that's on you.
    V/R

• Options
    Xepher said:
    BranHard5 said:
    If the company has already approved it, then yes, accountability is the number 1 thing here, if you bought a random vacation without actually discussing this with your employer, then that's on you.
    :D:D:D:D
  • Options
    Who would buy a random vacation without discussing it first or getting the days needed off approved first? 🤦🏾‍♂️
  • Options
    I know this thread is about Vectrus but I'm curious to know, are there anymore contracting companies that have openings out in Afghanistan and happen to pay more than Vectrus? Throughout the thread, I've seen several comments of Vectrus being one of the lower paying companies so I'd like to know of any reputable ones that may pay more for SA positions. Lets say the 150K + range 
  • Options
    Good question...
  • Options
    Kenny23692Kenny23692 Member Posts: 30 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I know this thread is about Vectrus but I'm curious to know, are there anymore contracting companies that have openings out in Afghanistan and happen to pay more than Vectrus? Throughout the thread, I've seen several comments of Vectrus being one of the lower paying companies so I'd like to know of any reputable ones that may pay more for SA positions. Lets say the 150K + range 
    Once you get to Afghanistan you'l find those companies out within a month especially if you work in Bagram.
  • Options
    BeatOnTheWaterBeatOnTheWater Member Posts: 10 ■■■□□□□□□□
    People drive like Nascar in Kuwait. It's speed cameras but it's also a sign that says speed camera ahead. So, after the sign and before the speed camera people slow down. After the speed camera people sometimes find themselves speeding up. I have been in many of vehicles where people floored the car.  I have never seen anyone get stopped by the police for speeding. I am not saying it doesn't happen I am just saying as I've drove past the police speeding they never stopped me. 

They probably noticed that you're an American. Kuwaiti cops are unforgiving most especially to Asians. No excuse regardless whose fault it is. 
  • Options

As of right now Vecturs owns almost everything. There is very few and far between jobs that open up and they are usually filled internally. Once you get here start networking with people only way you will ever get on of those jobs. It is who you know you who you blow. Also to the statement of the travel in your contract there is an amount. They give you for travel at your 6 month mark and your completion date at a value of $1500 each time. That is the only money that is provided for vacation. Also I can tell you these prices are most up to date cause I am traveling to the US soon and just bought my tickets. Also I would advise whomever that you have a vacation planned or wait till after that vacation go start working.
  • Options
    chriscurtis83chriscurtis83 Member Posts: 27 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Speghetty said:

As of right now Vecturs owns almost everything. There is very few and far between jobs that open up and they are usually filled internally. Once you get here start networking with people only way you will ever get on of those jobs. It is who you know you who you blow. Also to the statement of the travel in your contract there is an amount. They give you for travel at your 6 month mark and your completion date at a value of $1500 each time. That is the only money that is provided for vacation. Also I can tell you these prices are most up to date cause I am traveling to the US soon and just bought my tickets. Also I would advise whomever that you have a vacation planned or wait till after that vacation go start working.

I wouldn’t say this statement is true. Sure Vectrus has a lot of people since they support the conventional military. But anything SOCOM related Vectrus doesn’t exist. Plus SOCOM is world wide so there probably are more positions overall but in cooler locations. I’m in Erbil and this place is AMAZING!! Plus you will break 200k but thats if you have the clearance level. TS/SCI would be the bare minimum for entry. There are other companies that have secret level jobs beside Vectrus for the conventional military but the pay might be around what Vectrus pays but probably a little more. 
  • Options
    Speghetty said:

I wouldn’t say this statement is true. Sure Vectrus has a lot of people since they support the conventional military. But anything SOCOM related Vectrus doesn’t exist. Plus SOCOM is world wide so there probably are more positions overall but in cooler locations. I’m in Erbil and this place is AMAZING!! Plus you will break 200k but thats if you have the clearance level. TS/SCI would be the bare minimum for entry. There are other companies that have secret level jobs beside Vectrus for the conventional military but the pay might be around what Vectrus pays but probably a little more. 

Nobody said anytning about world wide. He asked about Afghanistan.
  • Options
    chriscurtis83chriscurtis83 Member Posts: 27 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Speghetty said:
    Speghetty said:

Nobody said anytning about world wide. He asked about Afghanistan.
    There too, Bagram has entire sections just for SOCOM and the ODA’s in OP’s, Kabul and any other place with a US base. 
  • Options
    Speghetty said:
    Xepher said:

Thanks for this info. I just accessed taleo, whenever I click on the benefits link, i receive a server error. I think that link is dead. Not sure if you or someone would have this handy. So you're saying that it cost roughly 1K just to fly to Dubai from Afghanistan round trip? and an additional 2k for a round trip to the states? Also, so I'd get to choose the date I would like to report to CRC?
  • Options
    Speghetty said:
    Xepher said:

Thanks for this info. I just accessed taleo, whenever I click on the benefits link, i receive a server error. I think that link is dead. Not sure if you or someone would have this handy. So you're saying that it cost roughly 1K just to fly to Dubai from Afghanistan round trip? and an additional 2k for a round trip to the states? Also, so I'd get to choose the date I would like to report to CRC?
  • Options
    murfmanmurfman Member Posts: 5 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I want to know how long the clearance process takes with Vetrus. I accepted an offer some months ago and waiting on their security department to process my security clearance paperwork.
  • Options
    Speghetty said:
    Xepher said:

Yes around 3k to fly home. And yes they will ask you a date to schedule for CRC