Options

Anyone ever deal with overseas jobs with the company Vectrus?

Comments

• Options
    MHardesty619MHardesty619 Registered Users Posts: 69 ■■■□□□□□□□
    WhiteMilk said:
    Bropez said:
    This thread is making me pretty nervous about what kind of people I may potentially be working with lol
    Have no fear, Bropez. Agent CowJuice over here is just here to make themselves feel like a big boy because they “got a hook up” and want to rub it in everyone face.

From their deleted post:

”Everything happened within 30 days from application to CRC date. Yes, I cut a corner or two to get my resume to the right person. I also cut a corner or five with the pre-deployment tasks. With the number of views this "Vectrus" topic has got since it was created and continues to get, NO I am not telling my shortcuts, sorry. ”

Agent -47,

We are all very impressed with you! You are the bestest boy here and are so important! How dare we plebeians even DARE to ask you for your magic method of hitting up recruiters on LinkedIn and already having a security clearance!!! As the self appointed representative for all in this forum thread, I prostrate myself before you and beg your forgiveness. 

Bropez, please don’t let Johnny English over hear give you a bad impression. Nearly everyone in the thread has been sharing information with each other to either help people make their decisions, let them know what to expect, or just advice in general. If even a quarter of the people over there are like the good people posting here, they will make up for the rest being like General Magoo, here.

@MHardesty619

I looked at your comment then I sat and decided if I was going to respond. That was hours ago.

First and foremost, it's been a while a long while before someone has come and given any sort of adequate deployment timeline. How far back in this thread do you have to go to get a deployment timeline?! So, what I brought was beneficial information for anyone that has lost hope with: 1. Vectrus 2. The unknowns of the deployment process

So, if you preferred to read information about people not deploying, which is more frequent I apologize.

This thread has been around for a long time. Truth be told, if someone reads the ENTIRE thread all of the questions can be answered. Nobody is going through anything that someone last week, month, or last year hasn't been through.

Joke 1- Keep that same arrogance. Maybe it'll be beneficial for you and your stateside job LOL

If I am going to be honest here, nobody wants to work in a deployed location with an arrogant individual for 6-12 months. Ask anybody here do they want to have that type of personality around them, the answer is no.

I didn't use LinkedIN. I know you know it all, that's cool. But, I didn't use LinkedIN. 

If you don't have a clearance, how can ANYBODY help you? Nobody is going to hire you overseas if your clearance isn't fully adjudicated. All this thread has been about is clearance adjudication. No clearance, no CENTOM job. So, I can' unfortunately help a person with no clearance. You want to learn how to drive and you don't have a license. 

Joke 2 - When your clearance is adjudicated end of year 2020 or beginning of year 2021 send me a private message and kindly ask for assistance.

Joke 3- It's been said before 100 times, Vectrus doesn't hold positions. You think they are waiting a year for you? Jokes on you my friend.

I apologize. I let the sarcasm and negativity of @MHardesty619 force me to stoop to his level of childish games. 

In the end, I am about to deploy, so J.O.K.E.$ on Y.O.U. 

I am done here. 

I wish everyone a Happy Holidays.

Again, I apologize for keeping the negativity going.

Dam, that is some Grade A projection you got going on there. 
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    WhiteMilk said:
    Bropez said:
    This thread is making me pretty nervous about what kind of people I may potentially be working with lol
    Have no fear, Bropez. Agent CowJuice over here is just here to make themselves feel like a big boy because they “got a hook up” and want to rub it in everyone face.

From their deleted post:

”Everything happened within 30 days from application to CRC date. Yes, I cut a corner or two to get my resume to the right person. I also cut a corner or five with the pre-deployment tasks. With the number of views this "Vectrus" topic has got since it was created and continues to get, NO I am not telling my shortcuts, sorry. ”

Agent -47,

We are all very impressed with you! You are the bestest boy here and are so important! How dare we plebeians even DARE to ask you for your magic method of hitting up recruiters on LinkedIn and already having a security clearance!!! As the self appointed representative for all in this forum thread, I prostrate myself before you and beg your forgiveness. 

Bropez, please don’t let Johnny English over hear give you a bad impression. Nearly everyone in the thread has been sharing information with each other to either help people make their decisions, let them know what to expect, or just advice in general. If even a quarter of the people over there are like the good people posting here, they will make up for the rest being like General Magoo, here.

@MHardesty619

I looked at your comment then I sat and decided if I was going to respond. That was hours ago.

First and foremost, it's been a while a long while before someone has come and given any sort of adequate deployment timeline. How far back in this thread do you have to go to get a deployment timeline?! So, what I brought was beneficial information for anyone that has lost hope with: 1. Vectrus 2. The unknowns of the deployment process

So, if you preferred to read information about people not deploying, which is more frequent I apologize.

This thread has been around for a long time. Truth be told, if someone reads the ENTIRE thread all of the questions can be answered. Nobody is going through anything that someone last week, month, or last year hasn't been through.

Joke 1- Keep that same arrogance. Maybe it'll be beneficial for you and your stateside job LOL

If I am going to be honest here, nobody wants to work in a deployed location with an arrogant individual for 6-12 months. Ask anybody here do they want to have that type of personality around them, the answer is no.

I didn't use LinkedIN. I know you know it all, that's cool. But, I didn't use LinkedIN. 

If you don't have a clearance, how can ANYBODY help you? Nobody is going to hire you overseas if your clearance isn't fully adjudicated. All this thread has been about is clearance adjudication. No clearance, no CENTOM job. So, I can' unfortunately help a person with no clearance. You want to learn how to drive and you don't have a license. 

Joke 2 - When your clearance is adjudicated end of year 2020 or beginning of year 2021 send me a private message and kindly ask for assistance.

Joke 3- It's been said before 100 times, Vectrus doesn't hold positions. You think they are waiting a year for you? Jokes on you my friend.

I apologize. I let the sarcasm and negativity of @MHardesty619 force me to stoop to his level of childish games. 

In the end, I am about to deploy, so J.O.K.E.$ on Y.O.U. 

I am done here. 

I wish everyone a Happy Holidays.

Again, I apologize for keeping the negativity going.

Also, just to rebut your false information:

Vectrus does hire individuals without any level of clearance. They in-fact are known for being the company to get yourself into the cleared IT field. How do I know this? I had no clearance, was hired, and granted my clearance last month.

Now, to be internet-troll level picky

1. "You want to learn how to drive and don't have a license" .....Bro, that doesn't even make sense. Everyone drives before they get a license, it's called Drivers Ed.

2. No one said anything about holding positions, everyone has mentioned they overhire and you just gotta get lucky.

3. It's LinkedIn, not LinkedIN. Petty, I know, but it's only because I like you.

• Options
    MrsWilliamsMrsWilliams Member Posts: 192 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Truth be told, @whitemilk has produced the most useful information that the thread has seen in months, I mean months. 

When was the last time that someone produced a hiring timeline? I know because I just went back looking for it. 

So, I thank you @whitemilk for your positive contribution to the thread. 

The negativity on this thread for most of the year seems to be from those who haven't deployed (for whatever reason :# ).....So, it's obvious that if you have a clearance and meet the qualifications Vectrus is still hiring. 

Have a wonderful and positive day!
  • Options
    Well, my apologies for not adding my timeline. Since I received news on Monday I now have useful information. 

11/2018 - Initial interview and job offer. I have no military experience, federal government service, or a security clearance.

02/2019 - Vectrus security department reached out to me and began my investigation process.

06/2019 - Security investigation begins.

06/2019 - Interim clearance granted.

07/2019 - Found out my job had been filled.

08/2019 - Interviewed and secured a job on a different contract.

10/2019 - Granted Secret Clearance

12-1-2019 - Given date to report to CRC

MrsWilliams, I agree with you, WhiteMilk was the only person who had posted a timeline in quite a while. However, I felt that they had come into this thread arrogant, antagonistic, and full of themselves. Perhaps I am off base for that, but I responded in-kind to their attitude

I hope my timeline helps others..
  • Options
    brambisbrambis Member Posts: 35 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Well, my apologies for not adding my timeline. Since I received news on Monday I now have useful information. 

11/2018 - Initial interview and job offer. I have no military experience, federal government service, or a security clearance.

02/2019 - Vectrus security department reached out to me and began my investigation process.

MrsWilliams, I agree with you, WhiteMilk was the only person who had posted a timeline in quite a while. However, I felt that they had come into this thread arrogant, antagonistic, and full of themselves. Perhaps I am off base for that, but I responded in-kind to their attitude

Hey thanks for this.

How did you find out the date your investigation started? And were you just doing the eqip and fingerprints in Feb?
  • Options
    impatient92impatient92 Member Posts: 5 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hey if you don’t mind me asking what’s your position ?
  • Options
    brambis said:

Hey thanks for this.

How did you find out the date your investigation started? And were you just doing the eqip and fingerprints in Feb?
    Yes, this was when I did the eQIP SF-86 and the fingerprinting. I asked for an update in August and Vectrus let me know the investigation had started in June. I recommend checking in with them every 4-6 weeks.

I will be working in a service desk position.
  • Options
    I was told I’m #5 on the waiting list . Im just waiting on my crc date .
    I see nothing about you or you name that will make waiting difficult for you.
  • Options
    brambis said:

Hey thanks for this.

Yes, this was when I did the eQIP SF-86 and the fingerprinting. I asked for an update in August and Vectrus let me know the investigation had started in June. I recommend checking in with them every 4-6 weeks.

I will be working in a service desk position.
    Ok thanks! Did you reach out via email or call?
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    brambis said:

Email is usually best, but don't be afraid to call if you haven't heard anything in a while.
  • Options
    brambis said:

Email is usually best, but don't be afraid to call if you haven't heard anything in a while.
    Ok thanks again.
  • Options
    202202 Member Posts: 28 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Now that most of my processes have been finished, its time for my timeline.

11/2019 - Applied for NA1 Afghanistan
    11/2019(a week later) - received email asking me to schedule a phone interview
    11/2019(another week later) - phone technical interview successfully passed
    11/2019(few days later) - received offer letter
    I had my first 24 steps in the vectrus portal finished within 2 days.
    11/2019(few days later) - receive my invitation to fill the Eqip sf-86 and also for fingerprints..I got fingerprinted the next day
    12/2019 - Eqip submitted.

So far it seems like at least on the vectrus side of things I am being processed quicker than others. So I guess at this point I'm just waiting for the clearance process, Which we all know takes forever. But hopefully mine comes back quickly.

• Options
    202 said:
    Now that most of my processes have been finished, its time for my timeline.

11/2019 - Applied for NA1 Afghanistan
    11/2019(a week later) - received email asking me to schedule a phone interview
    11/2019(another week later) - phone technical interview successfully passed
    11/2019(few days later) - received offer letter
    I had my first 24 steps in the vectrus portal finished within 2 days.
    11/2019(few days later) - receive my invitation to fill the Eqip sf-86 and also for fingerprints..I got fingerprinted the next day
    12/2019 - Eqip submitted.

So far it seems like at least on the vectrus side of things I am being processed quicker than others. So I guess at this point I'm just waiting for the clearance process, Which we all know takes forever. But hopefully mine comes back quickly.

That’s great to hear. I think it may have to do with the contract your on. My first was very slow with updates but the current contract I landed in is very efficient.
  • Options
    teardrop92teardrop92 Member Posts: 16 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I’ve been asking questions and haven’t posted mine either so here is my timeline....I’ve been reading this whole thread and learning new information every update.

05/2019 Applied for job entry level (no clearance, no government experience, no military) 
    06/2019 job offered & accepted (Service Desk)
    06/2019 completed online tasks
    07/2019 SF86, fingerprints, and clearance started (interim clearance) 
    10/2019 dental & medical scheduled & completed 
    11/2019 made it to “ready to deploy list”
    11/2019 emailed for updates and was told jobs was opening up end of the month
    *i assumed it was a hold up because of contract issues with Vectrus
    12/2019 somewhat patiently waiting for an email for CRC 🙃

guessing they will send everyone in groups ! Not sure just been doing a lot of researching and reading through the forum ...

• Options
    I’ve been asking questions and haven’t posted mine either so here is my timeline....I’ve been reading this whole thread and learning new information every update.

05/2019 Applied for job entry level (no clearance, no government experience, no military) 

guessing they will send everyone in groups ! Not sure just been doing a lot of researching and reading through the forum ...

Nice - so that's about 3-4 months total for the secret clearance? That's pretty quick. From what I've seen the average currently is 6ish months although last year it was 12 months+.

Makes me feel optimistic that I will be on a plane in the next 6 months.
  • Options
    teardrop92teardrop92 Member Posts: 16 ■■■□□□□□□□
    202 said:

Nice - so that's about 3-4 months total for the secret clearance? That's pretty quick. From what I've seen the average currently is 6ish months although last year it was 12 months+.

I live a pretty quiet life as far as in background so I assumed that’s why but who knows lol. I was happy I got a interim but as far as final clearance I got an email from a investigator last month 🤨 about my clearance so I don’t know what’s going on 
  • Options
    202 said:

I live a pretty quiet life as far as in background so I assumed that’s why but who knows lol. I was happy I got a interim but as far as final clearance I got an email from a investigator last month 🤨 about my clearance so I don’t know what’s going on 
    Interim clearances usually come after a few weeks of the investigation starting. Unfortunately, THE DoD changed the requirement for CENTCOM deployment to full clearance about a year ago.
  • Options
    WhiteMilkWhiteMilk Member Posts: 37 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Truth be told, @whitemilk has produced the most useful information that the thread has seen in months, I mean months. 

When was the last time that someone produced a hiring timeline? I know because I just went back looking for it. 

So, I thank you @whitemilk for your positive contribution to the thread. 

The negativity on this thread for most of the year seems to be from those who haven't deployed (for whatever reason :# ).....So, it's obvious that if you have a clearance and meet the qualifications Vectrus is still hiring. 

Have a wonderful and positive day!
     :) 
  • Options
    @MrsWilliams

You melted my heart. What do you want for Christmas? I am glad that you understand me and was able to block the negativity that was coming my way like a nuclear missile. You are my new BFF.

Hello My Friends,

If you meet the following qualifications please send me your resume ASAP:

1. Have a clearance
    2. IT Certifications such as Security+/CASP+/GIAC XXX/
    3. IT Certifications such as MCSA XXX, Server+, 
    4. Willing to deploy to Iraq/Afghanistan as Service Desk

• Options
    SpeghettySpeghetty Registered Users Posts: 131 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Someone is trying to get that recruitment bonus lol
  • Options
    Speghetty said:
    Just a FYI Vectrus has won multiple contracts in the past month so they are trying to fill hose positions. I know that one of the contracts the employees received a 60k payout for most positions. Also Dprice send >--me <--your resume I’ll get you in contact with the recruiting manager. Will also pass it along to country management. You shouldn’t be in a NA role but I know we have one open here right now.
    You have a nerve!

HyPoCrItE.

I am just trying to help my fellow TE friends. Is helping someone wrong? Just because I help someone that means I want something in return, ok cool. 

Here comes the negativity train, again. People need to do yoga or something... 
  • Options
    SpeghettySpeghetty Registered Users Posts: 131 ■■■■□□□□□□
    WhiteMilk said:
    Speghetty said:
    Just a FYI Vectrus has won multiple contracts in the past month so they are trying to fill hose positions. I know that one of the contracts the employees received a 60k payout for most positions. Also Dprice send >--me <--your resume I’ll get you in contact with the recruiting manager. Will also pass it along to country management. You shouldn’t be in a NA role but I know we have one open here right now.
    You have a nerve!

HyPoCrItE.

I am just trying to help my fellow TE friends. Is helping someone wrong? Just because I help someone that means I want something in return, ok cool. 

Here comes the negativity train, again. People need to do yoga or something... 
    Someone needs to learn how to take a joke lol. The are going to need to get some thicker skin and not take everything so personal. Also Vectrus didnt even end up keeping those contracts that were from that statement.
  • Options
    XepherXepher Member Posts: 184 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Note, they are accepting people with interim clearances right now. IF you have an interim, you'll get stuck in Kuwait for a while or get reassigned to Bagram.
    V/R

• Options
    Xepher said:
    Note, they are accepting people with interim clearances right now. IF you have an interim, you'll get stuck in Kuwait for a while or get reassigned to Bagram.
    I can confirm.. just got my interim the other day and I asked my recruiter today he said as soon as I finish my medical stuff I’m ready to deploy.
  • Options
    BropezBropez Member Posts: 26 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If we wanted the Afghanistan job if we have the option should we wait?
  • Options
    LordQarlynLordQarlyn Member Posts: 693 ■■■■■■□□□□
    edited December 2019
    I hate to be the downer here, but the current administration is set on pulling out most if not all US troops, to the point they were negotiating with an adversary who was obviously to everyone else not negotiating in good faith and couldn't refrain themselves from killing our soldiers during the "peace talks". Despite this derailment, the administration's plan is still to pull completely out or nearly completely out of Afghanistan. What this means is not only will Vectrus jobs be going away, virtually all DoD contract jobs including LOGCAP will go away. There will still be other agencies with contracts in Afghanistan, DoS, DEA, DoJ, but without the presence of US and NATO soldiers, I wouldn't feel safe there. My current boss fled Afghanistan in 2016 from a very nice DoJ contract because the draw down that already happened left his area vulnerable and his compound was constantly attacked by nearby VBIEDs.
    What I am trying to say, be careful when taking a job in Afghanistan on a DoD contract, as longevity may not be there. Of course the withdrawal may not happen for another ten years or it could happen before the end of next year. If you do take a job in Afghanistan on a DoD contract, have an exit strategy and maximize your experience there; gain as much hands on experience and for the next level up if possible. Cert up where applicable and relevant to your field. BTW this applies to other Middle East DoD contractor jobs; with the possible exception of Kuwait, the US military is there as guests of the host countries, and these countries have the sovereign right ask the US forces to leave (Saudi Arabia did so in the past) which of course takes the contractor jobs with them. Even in Iraq, this time around, the US military was asked to come in by the government of Iraq to assist in the battle against ISIS, they can ask us to leave at anytime. This is not likely to happen even though some in the Iraqi parliament have demanded the US military be kicked out, but it remains a possibility. Again this would not affect contractor jobs with other agencies, or Foreign Military Sales contracts.

• Options
    I hate to be the downer here, but the current administration is set on pulling out most if not all US troops, to the point they were negotiating with an adversary who was obviously to everyone else not negotiating in good faith and couldn't refrain themselves from killing our soldiers during the "peace talks". Despite this derailment, the administration's plan is still to pull completely out or nearly completely out of Afghanistan. What this means is not only will Vectrus jobs be going away, virtually all DoD contract jobs including LOGCAP will go away. There will still be other agencies with contracts in Afghanistan, DoS, DEA, DoJ, but without the presence of US and NATO soldiers, I wouldn't feel safe there. My current boss fled Afghanistan in 2016 from a very nice DoJ contract because the draw down that already happened left his area vulnerable and his compound was constantly attacked by nearby VBIEDs.
    What I am trying to say, be careful when taking a job in Afghanistan on a DoD contract, as longevity may not be there. Of course the withdrawal may not happen for another ten years or it could happen before the end of next year. If you do take a job in Afghanistan on a DoD contract, have an exit strategy and maximize your experience there; gain as much hands on experience and for the next level up if possible. Cert up where applicable and relevant to your field. BTW this applies to other Middle East DoD contractor jobs; with the possible exception of Kuwait, the US military is there as guests of the host countries, and these countries have the sovereign right ask the US forces to leave (Saudi Arabia did so in the past) which of course takes the contractor jobs with them. Even in Iraq, this time around, the US military was asked to come in by the government of Iraq to assist in the battle against ISIS, they can ask us to leave at anytime. This is not likely to happen even though some in the Iraqi parliament have demanded the US military be kicked out, but it remains a possibility. Again this would not affect contractor jobs with other agencies, or Foreign Military Sales contracts.

It's going to be a while, US troops leave, contractors come. 1 Solider leaves, 5 Triple canopy show up. (numbers aren't accurate).
    V/R

• Options

You sound like a true Politician, with baseless facts amigo. 

What President went into Afghanistan and said, yeah we are going to stay here for a while. They have been talking about drawdowns since the start of the war. 

We pulled out of Iraq and came back. We've been in Afghan for how long?

Go copy and paste that on a political forum somewhere or Reddit!
  • Options
    Xepher said:

It's going to be a while, US troops leave, contractors come. 1 Solider leaves, 5 Triple canopy show up. (numbers aren't accurate).
    He is the (self-proclaimed) spokesman for the entire country of Afghanistan ;)
  • Options
    WhiteMilk said:
    Xepher said:

He is the (self-proclaimed) spokesman for the entire country of Afghanistan ;)
    Not at all, contractors don't count as soilders/US troops or boots on the ground, you're more then welcome to ask anyone this.
    V/R