Options

Anyone ever deal with overseas jobs with the company Vectrus?

Comments

• Options
    teardrop92teardrop92 Member Posts: 16 ■■■□□□□□□□
    202 said:
    Do anyone have any idea or can provide some slight insight on if they are sending out people to start working overseas yet? Since all that has been going on ? 
    Yes they are still deploying people. I’m getting sent overseas next month
    Great ! I was worried but that’s good to hear. How long you been waiting before you heard something if you don’t mind me asking ? 
  • Options
    202202 Member Posts: 28 ■■■□□□□□□□
    202 said:
    Do anyone have any idea or can provide some slight insight on if they are sending out people to start working overseas yet? Since all that has been going on ? 
    Great ! I was worried but that’s good to hear. How long you been waiting before you heard something if you don’t mind me asking ? 
    Lol this whole process is just being patient and waiting. Which step of the process are you on? Have you got your interim clearance yet?
  • Options
    BropezBropez Member Posts: 26 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Dang I have been dragging my feet on my exam figuring the more I study the better since I was told you needed the full clearance guess I should go knock it out.
  • Options
    202 said:
    202 said:
    Lol this whole process is just being patient and waiting. Which step of the process are you on? Have you got your interim clearance yet?
    202 said:
    202 said:
    Yea I know, but yes I have my interim.
  • Options
    SpeghettySpeghetty Registered Users Posts: 131 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Just a heads up they are looking at stopping interm clearances in CJOA again as they are not suppose to be coming out with them anyways.
  • Options
    Speghetty said:
    Just a heads up they are looking at stopping interm clearances in CJOA again as they are not suppose to be coming out with them anyways.
    I'm more surprised they were even sending people with them. Or that anyone would be willing to go with one. Imagine quitting your job and going halfway across the world then having to come back cause you get your clearance revoked for whatever reason. No thanks
  • Options
    @teardrop92 have you cleared medical? I would contact your recruiter and just ask for an update on the process. My recruiter didn’t know I had received my clearance. 

@Bropez that’s something I’ve been worried about, but it’ll still be worth the money to me even if I was to work for a few weeks or months

• Options
    @202 yes I’m cleared and I’m “ready to deploy “ status and I called last week to see if my clearance is full or still a interim but they said I would have to ask my company that’s sponsoring.  And everytime I ask my recruiter it’s the same thing “please standby”
  • Options
    @202 yes I’m cleared and I’m “ready to deploy “ status and I called last week to see if my clearance is full or still a interim but they said I would have to ask my company that’s sponsoring.  And everytime I ask my recruiter it’s the same thing “please standby”
    You may just be unlucky and in a waitlist. I know netadmin spots are open in Kuwait and Afghanistan, can’t speak on any others. I can’t really give you any advice since it’s my first deployment, but I guess patience is what you need right now.

you could also ask your recruiter if it’s possible for you to temporarily work in a lower position like ADPE temporarily or if it’s possible to take temporary duty in a different country. 

Either way, you’ve made it to the final steps, just gotta wait a little bit longer lol, keep your head up 
  • Options
    202 said:
    You may just be unlucky and in a waitlist. I know netadmin spots are open in Kuwait and Afghanistan, can’t speak on any others. I can’t really give you any advice since it’s my first deployment, but I guess patience is what you need right now.

you could also ask your recruiter if it’s possible for you to temporarily work in a lower position like ADPE temporarily or if it’s possible to take temporary duty in a different country. 

Either way, you’ve made it to the final steps, just gotta wait a little bit longer lol, keep your head up 
    They got spots open in Iraq also.
  • Options
    Jr1984Jr1984 Member Posts: 28 ■■■□□□□□□□
    202 said:
    @Jr1984 not a problem. It was about 60 days from submitting eqip to a CRC date for me, but again I had medical issues to fix before I was cleared. 

Assuming you don’t have any med issues, you could have yourself a CRC date within 30-45 days, i think 
    Can I msg you in private I have question? 
  • Options
    Have medical tomorrow. Most of the stuff is a year out dated at this point so just figured I'd see if any of you are fat boys with more recent anecdotal stories. I will almost certainly need a waiver but just wondering if you've seen or heard of guys being turned away recently. 
  • Options
    mikey88mikey88 Member Posts: 495 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Oh yea, you'll get DQed for any number of reasons. High BP/cholecterol, BMI over 35 and any number of other reasons on MOD 13. Waivers are not that simple either. 
    Certs: CISSP, CySA+, Security+, Network+ and others | 2019 Goals: Cloud Sec/Scripting/Linux

• Options
    Does the process just stop or can you correct the defects?
  • Options
    mikey88mikey88 Member Posts: 495 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Bropez said:
    Yes, you can get a time extension to correct at your own expense. 
    Certs: CISSP, CySA+, Security+, Network+ and others | 2019 Goals: Cloud Sec/Scripting/Linux

• Options
    mikey88 said:
    Bropez said:
    Yes, you can get a time extension to correct at your own expense. 
    Thank you. Time to stop being a fat **** I guess
  • Options
    troverdan55troverdan55 Member Posts: 27 ■■■□□□□□□□
    What is the average time people stay in ready to the deploy?
  • Options
    It can vary if your job is available or not available. I’ve been in the status since October 
  • Options
    teardrop92 said: 
    It can vary if your job is available or not available. I’ve been in the status since October 
    Thank you for the info. Hopefully they send you out soon as you been waiting for a long time. I'm waiting for a Information Assurance position to open up.
  • Options
    WhiteMilkWhiteMilk Member Posts: 37 ■■■□□□□□□□
    edited March 2020
    teardrop92 said: 
    Thank you for the info. Hopefully they send you out soon as you been waiting for a long time. I'm waiting for a Information Assurance position to open up.
    What Country? It's been a lot of IA positions that have been filled in the past 90 days. Plus, because of the new contract extension until 2021 a large percentage of people got raises.

As you know, for a position to open up someone has to quit. (Internal) Advantages of not quitting:

1. The hourly rate just went up. I am not talking about .50 cents either.
    2. People have longevity, at least another year (11 months be to exact)
    3. IA is the highest paid group on ground. 

• Options
    WhiteMilk said:
    teardrop92 said: 
    What Country? It's been a lot of IA positions that have been filled in the past 90 days. Plus, because of the new contract extension until 2021 a large percentage of people got raises.

As you know, for a position to open up someone has to quit. (Internal) Advantages of not quitting:

They currently have a open spot in Iraq for a Vulnerability Analyst. The first extension just ended so some people are leaving contact your recruiter.  
  • Options
    WhiteMilk said:
    teardrop92 said: 

Afghanistan and I just got put in ready to deploy status a couple weeks ago.
  • Options
    Speghetty said:
    WhiteMilk said:
    teardrop92 said: 

They currently have a open spot in Iraq for a Vulnerability Analyst. The first extension just ended so some people are leaving contact your recruiter.

• Options
    Speghetty said:
    WhiteMilk said:
    teardrop92 said: 

I just sent my recruiting to email yesterday asking about open positions in Iraq and Kuwait just waiting on a response right now
  • Options
    WhiteMilkWhiteMilk Member Posts: 37 ■■■□□□□□□□
    edited March 2020
    Speghetty said:
    WhiteMilk said:
    teardrop92 said: 

@troverdan55

It's a reason why you don't see that Vulnerability Analyst job posted on the website. That reason is because an INTERNAL email came out about INTERNAL job postings. The email is sent, so not a big deal. But, in most/some organizations they try to fill positions internally first.

I can almost bet you that an external applicant won't be in line for an internal posting unless it becomes an external posting. It's people internally that want the job. Might not be qualified but want the job. Trust me. t's easier for someone to switch offices than to wait:

Hiring externally
    1. For you to put your two weeks in stateside. Assuming you only want two weeks. 
    2. CRC 1 week. That is if you pass the first week and don't get a medical drop.
    3. Go to Kuwait for a week, at least.
    4. Sit in the gateway in Kuwait trying to Space-A out of the tents you are sleeping in. 

At least a month before you get to where you are going.

Hiring Internally
    1. Change your job code and report to this other office tomorrow. 

@Speghetty

Message me your real name so I can report you LOL
  • Options
    WhiteMilk said:

Hiring externally
    1. For you to put your two weeks in stateside. Assuming you only want two weeks. 
    4. Sit in the gateway in Kuwait trying to Space-A out of the tents you are sleeping in. 

At least a month before you get to where you are going
    What is there to pass at CRC? I figured once you got there you were good to go?
  • Options
    XepherXepher Member Posts: 184 ■■■■□□□□□□
    teardrop92 said: 
    Best of luck,  people internally trying to get into IA and the peace efforts are set to 14 months. Recommended move taking what ever to join the line of people.

WhiteMilk said:
    teardrop92 said: 

Afghanistan and I just got put in ready to deploy status a couple weeks ago.
    Don't quit your day job, if you stay in ready deploy status for a certain period of time, you have to re-do your occumed stuff.

WhiteMilk said:
    Speghetty said:
    WhiteMilk said:
    teardrop92 said: 

@troverdan55

It's a reason why you don't see that Vulnerability Analyst job posted on the website. That reason is because an INTERNAL email came out about INTERNAL job postings. The email is sent, so not a big deal. But, in most/some organizations they try to fill positions internally first.

I can almost bet you that an external applicant won't be in line for an internal posting unless it becomes an external posting. It's people internally that want the job. Might not be qualified but want the job. Trust me. t's easier for someone to switch offices than to wait:

Hiring externally

At least a month before you get to where you are going.

Hiring Internally
    1. Change your job code and report to this other office tomorrow. 

@Speghetty

Message me your real name so I can report you LOL
    The external and internal process is spot on, but you know we got 14 months at least Afghanistan (speculations). So if you have an opportunity to hit Iraq.
    V/R

• Options
    LordQarlynLordQarlyn Member Posts: 693 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Xepher said:
    The external and internal process is spot on, but you know we got 14 months at least Afghanistan (speculations). So if you have an opportunity to hit Iraq.
    LOL I mentioned this earlier that the current administration is dead set to getting the soldiers out of Afghanistan and suggested anyone taking jobs there should use that time to gain experience and prepare for their next job because those jobs could be going away. I was flamed, roasted actually lol, I was accused of hating Vectrus (though I didn't even mention them specifically and the peace efforts have nothing to with Vectrus anyway), I was accused of being a hater, a troll, an ignoramus who knows nothing of world affairs lol.

Anyway, I'll add as one who is in Iraq now leaving because of the political uncertainty here as well, while it's not likely US and coalition forces are leaving soon, it remains a possibility so if you get in Iraq, take every advantage to improve your IT skills as quickly as possible and start preparing for your next job.
  • Options
    XepherXepher Member Posts: 184 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Xepher said:
    LOL I mentioned this earlier that the current administration is dead set to getting the soldiers out of Afghanistan and suggested anyone taking jobs there should use that time to gain experience and prepare for their next job because those jobs could be going away. I was flamed, roasted actually lol, I was accused of hating Vectrus (though I didn't even mention them specifically and the peace efforts have nothing to with Vectrus anyway), I was accused of being a hater, a troll, an ignoramus who knows nothing of world affairs lol.

Anyway, I'll add as one who is in Iraq now leaving because of the political uncertainty here as well, while it's not likely US and coalition forces are leaving soon, it remains a possibility so if you get in Iraq, take every advantage to improve your IT skills as quickly as possible and start preparing for your next job.
    Yeah it seems to me contractors make the world world revolve around the uplift, but in reality their skillsets set them to 50k-90k in the real world, this is not the case for everyone of course as there are highly skilled and talented people out there. I told anyone who could move up in roles or change to Iraq, if they haven't done so already, you're losing money. Once i'm able to make my move when I reach my time in position, i'll be making a move very quickly up the ladder, which country this happens in does not matter. If Iraq and Afghanistan closed, I think we all would be ok, just those people with the extravagant lift styles would be in a pickle. (unless they just got it like that)
    V/R

• Options
    LordQarlynLordQarlyn Member Posts: 693 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Xepher said:
    Yeah it seems to me contractors make the world world revolve around the uplift, but in reality their skillsets set them to 50k-90k in the real world, this is not the case for everyone of course as there are highly skilled and talented people out there. I told anyone who could move up in roles or change to Iraq, if they haven't done so already, you're losing money. Once i'm able to make my move when I reach my time in position, i'll be making a move very quickly up the ladder, which country this happens in does not matter. If Iraq and Afghanistan closed, I think we all would be ok, just those people with the extravagant lift styles would be in a pickle. (unless they just got it like that)
    Exactly, the smart people maintain a lifestyle based on their base salary and save and invest their uplifts and overtime. Interestingly enough my current employer does not pay uplifts but has a good base salary for, my position. That said, after four years here I decided enough deployment and took a job in Abu Dhabi with an excellent expat package and I can live almost normal lol.