Options

*Rollover A+/Network+ to ETA certification CST and CNST*

12346»

Comments

• Options
    TcatTcat Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    To cover thy butts, the paperwork says 6 to 8 weeks. And Los Angeles, CA typically runs batches once a week. Believe it or not, it is a lengthy process to verify and create your "stuffs". I think Chiciquo actually does not sent the DC number to you personally by email. I know it gets entered by a bar code reader into a data base. I tried to generate a personal email to you, but it wasn't working.

I will look at that again when I am in the United States at the site next saturday. No promises. #1 on the agenda is cutting another 20 mintues out of the process that insures you don't get a package belonging to someone else.

Oh... speaking of blow ups. .... the #1 issue is there is a % of folks who cannot enter their address properly. Yes, we use a data base the Post Office maintains... however that only catches improper addresses, not the fact you entered a legal address that isn't yours.

And typical lead time is now about 2 weeks, maybe less. HTH

Tcat
    Save A Frog! Join the ETA!
    http://snipurl.com/SaveAFrog
  • Options
    NorbieNorbie Member Posts: 105
    Is CompTIA & ETA still offering this rollover?
    "Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Surprisingly it seems they still do:
    Online electronics certification tests, exams: ETA International

I'd contact them to verify though before actually 'buying' the rollover online.
  • Options
    exeexe Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Webmaster wrote: »
    StudyExam4Less made an exclusive agreement with the Electronic Technicians Association (ETA) that allows you to rollover your A+/ Network+ to CST and CNST certifications, without sitting for any exam.

If you are already A+ certified, you can rollover to CST for $49

If you are already A+ and Network+ certified, you can rollover to CNST for $69

If you are already i-Net+ certified, you can rollover to CWS for $69

These ICAC/ISO certifications from the Electronic Technicians Association (ETA) do NOT invalidate your A+ or Network+ certification. They give you an entry into an association that offers fiber optic, biomedical and other specialized certifications. ETA is a non-profit organization established in 1978 and offers over 30 certifications.

Simply prove you are A+ / Network+ certified and your are guaranteed to receive your CST / CNST certification after verification. Please allow upwards approximately of 8 weeks for your cool lapel pin, wallet card, and certification to arrive by mail.

The only way to do this is through StudyExam4Less.com who, as a bonus, is offering with the rollover dozens of practice tests for download.

What a wonderful way to enhance career prospects. :), I think I might do this later on, is there a downside to switching your CompTia's to this?
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    The fact this topic has been dead so long is somewhat of indication of the popularity of the rollover option but I don't see a downside unless you consider the cost one. Still not sure if there's any real value to it, it's not like employers are heavily demanding ETA certs in job ads ;)

And again, though it seems this offer is still available, anyone interested should contact ETA-i and get hold of the current details as after all this topic is 3 years old.
  • Options
    Webmaster wrote: »
    The fact this topic has been dead so long is somewhat of indication of the popularity of the rollover option but I don't see a downside unless you consider the cost one. Still not sure if there's any real value to it, it's not like employers are heavily demanding ETA certs in job ads ;)

And again, though it seems this offer is still available, anyone interested should contact ETA-i and get hold of the current details as after all this topic is 3 years old.

I figure it never hurts to pad the resume :)
    "Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    exe wrote: »
    What a wonderful way to enhance career prospects. :), I think I might do this later on, is there a downside to switching your CompTia's to this?

I haven't found that many HR-types know anything other then CompTIA and MS certs (some Cisco, depends on the company's size). So, unless there has been a recent boom...not much call for the other certs within the IT industry. Certainly not a replacement for CompTIA certs by any means.

And as pointed out, the topic is pretty old. Interesting that is now resurrected after 3 years.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    Plantwiz wrote: »
    I haven't found that many HR-types know anything other then CompTIA and MS certs (some Cisco, depends on the company's size). So, unless there has been a recent boom...not much call for the other certs within the IT industry. Certainly not a replacement for CompTIA certs by any means.

And as pointed out, the topic is pretty old. Interesting that is now resurrected after 3 years.

I resurrected it. I only have two certs right now on my resume. I was thinking the rollover would help me net two more :)
  • Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Norbie wrote: »
    I resurrected it. I only have two certs right now on my resume. I was thinking the rollover would help me net two more :)

I bought one, I think it was a waste of money to buy it personally.