Options

Lost and pissed off

13»

Comments

• Options
    bjpeterbjpeter Member Posts: 198 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Just wanted to give you guys an update in case anyone was curious. I recently accepted a software development position at one of the major companies in my area. Thank you all for the re-encouragement, not having clear job prospects is a very scary situation and not something I would wish upon my worst enemy. Glad that's over...

I guess the key really is to just keep your chin up and keep plugging away at job applications. You never know when something might pan out.

My dad gave me a funny but true piece of advice about this whole dilemma. He told me to add every rejection to a list and to number them. He then said I only had the right to be discouraged once I reached 100 rejections on my list. Gonna be pretty hard to hit that number if you are constantly learning from your rejections and your interviews.

Congrats!

What programming language are you learning / using?
    2021 Goals (2): SSCP, eCPPT
    Achieved (27): Certified Associate in Python Programming, Microsoft Certified: Azure Fundamentals, PenTest+, Project+, CySA+, Flutter Certified Application Developer, OCP Java EE 7 Application Developer, CCSP, OCP Java SE 11 Developer, CISSP, Linux+/LPIC-1, CCSKv4, OCE Java EE 6 JPA Developer, CSSLP, Server+, Cloud+, Arcitura Certified Cloud Professional, CASP+, Mobility+, Storage+, Android Certified Application Developer, OCP Java SE 8 Programmer, Security+, OCM Java SE 6 Developer, B.S. and M.S. in Computer Science
  • Options
    Deus Ex MachinaDeus Ex Machina Member Posts: 127
    bjpeter wrote: »
    Congrats!

What programming language are you learning / using?

Thanks! I'm working on JavaScript.
    "The winner takes it all"
  • Options
    BlucodexBlucodex Member Posts: 430 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Take this with a grain of salt, but I could speak on Huntsville, that place was awesome and I loved it.

Best New Cities for Tech Jobs | Money

edit: I notice a few Florida cities.

Security is pretty hot in Phoenix. PayPal, American Express, McKesson, GoDaddy, Schwab, just to name a few--are all hiring constantly and all have SOCs here. My company is hiring SOC Analysts and you would not believe how poor some of the candidates are...

Salary kinda all over but at least one company is paying analysts as follows. L1 = 75-95k, L2 = 95-120k, L3 = 120-145k. Throw in a 15% annual bonus and you're doing pretty well down here.