Options

Bad news for the ones who have taken 71-621 and 71-622

gomcse2002gomcse2002 Member Posts: 126 ■■■□□□□□□□
The release dates of the Professional (MCITP) exams for Vista will be delayed in order to ensure that we have adequate application support coverage for these certifications. We know that customers are very excited about our new Vista certifications and we are sincerely sorry for the delay. In the interest of maintaining the quality of Microsoft Certifications, however, we need to add additional content to exams 70-621, 70-622, and 70-623 in order to maintain appropriate alignment with the intended job roles. Exam 70-620 ("Big Vista") will not be affected and customers may continue to register for the exam.

The beta for 71-623 has been put on hold. No action for customers who were registered for this exam; the beta will be rescheduled. Details to follow.

Customers who have already taken the betas for 71-621 or 71-622: your scores may be delayed or we may have to run a second beta. If we run a second beta, the same candidates will be invited to take it; there will not be a general invitation again.
No impact to Exam 70-620 ("Big Vista"); results still stand for those who took the beta and the live exam is open for registration.
eBay Addict and IT Geek from Canada

Working on : 70-686 (Windows 7 Exam)

Comments

• Options
    NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    Great icon_mad.gif At least the exam was free to begin with, however I would like to know when...

BTW thanks for the info, where do you get the info from?

-ken
  • Options
    DionysusDionysus Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    This flippin' sucks... And I was feeling pretty good about this one...

I hope we don't have to retake it.
  • Options
    sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Customers who have already taken the betas for 71-621 or 71-622: your scores may be delayed or we may have to run a second beta. If we run a second beta, the same candidates will be invited to take it; there will not be a general invitation again.

I am not suprised that MS would delay the scores for the beta exam, but no one who has already taken the beta exam should have to take it again. That would be insane.
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • Options
    LukeQuakeLukeQuake Member Posts: 579 ■■■□□□□□□□
    ... thats completely out of order!!! - Why on earth did they release the beta exams if they weren't ready to be taken?

Hmm.... Great ://

Also, Goose where did you read this?
  • Options
    kyrikazekyrikaze Member Posts: 111
    WHAT ? icon_twisted.gif

So, first they cancelled my 71-623, and now they may do the same thing with the 71-621 icon_confused.gif
    It's a Beta exam !!! Anyone know what a Beta mean, but for Microsoft, they seems to forget this !

So, if your news are right, we can say that we took a Beta of a Beta exam icon_confused.gif:

I took a day off to take this one, I don't want to reschedule another one again, I won't spend my life in a VUE or PROMETRIC center.
  • Options
    Any more news on this? Where did you get the info from?
  • Options
    I guess we all have to re-do the beta exams for 71-621 and 71-622.

# 70-621: May 15 (beta in late March)
    # 70-622; May 16 (beta in mid-March)
    # 70-623: May 17 (beta in late March)

• Options
    taktsoitaktsoi Member Posts: 224
    any insight why ms change all beta of vista's exam?

maybe there's a leak of questions?

maybe questions are so easy that all who take beta archeive high scores?

maybe they wanna include some long-horn questions?????

icon_twisted.gif
    mean people SUCK !!! BACK OFF !!!
    The Next Stop is, MCSE 2003 and CCNA.
    Bachelors of Technology in 1 More Year.

-Working on CCENT. Thank you my love <3
  • Options
    I'm leaning towards calling BS on this one.

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-621.mspx
    "Exam 70-621 will be available in a beta release from December 20, 2006 through January 12, 2007."

gomcse2002 has yet to tell us where he found this info... I can't find it anywhere except here.
  • Options
    sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I haven't gotten any email from MS about this. I also did a google search and found nothing. Late March is a long time to wait for the beta exam since Vista has been out since the end of Nov. 06 for businesses.
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • Options
    Here’s the official word:

The release dates of the Professional (MCITP) exams for Vista will be delayed in order to ensure that we have adequate application support coverage for these certifications. We know that customers are very excited about our new Vista certifications and we are sincerely sorry for the delay. In the interest of maintaining the quality of Microsoft Certifications, however, we need to add additional content to exams 70-621, 70-622, and 70-623 in order to maintain appropriate alignment with the intended job roles. Exam 70-620 ("Big Vista") will not be affected and customers may continue to register for the exam. icon_evil.gificon_evil.gif

taktsoi wrote:
    any insight why ms change all beta of vista's exam?

maybe there's a leak of questions?

maybe questions are so easy that all who take beta archeive high scores?

maybe they wanna include some long-horn questions?????

icon_twisted.gif

• Options
    Come on... throw us a link here...
  • Options
    They don't talk about cancel beta exam 71-621 we took..... :)
    We have a chance...to have our result before Christmas icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    Dionysus wrote:
    From where?!

From someone working for Microsoft Learning Group or Division

• Options
    Too bad, I wish we can re-take 71-620 again, so I don't have to spend US $ 125 to pay for the real exam.
    kyrikaze wrote:
    They don't talk about cancel beta exam 71-621 we took..... :)
    We have a chance...to have our result before Christmas icon_wink.gif

• Options
    oldbarneyoldbarney Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Dionysus wrote:
    Come on... throw us a link here...

From Trika's Blog:

"Hi. New dates, below. For the background and info on the related beta exams, read the update to my last poast. I hope you guys know that we REALLY are not psyched about re-doing the betas... but we REALLY do want to produce good exams... so it has to be done. Thanks for your help and thanks for understanding!

70-621: May 15 (beta in late March)
    70-622; May 16 (beta in mid-March)
    70-623: May 17 (beta in late March)
    We'll get this updated on microsoft.com/learning as soon as we can. I'll also stop typing in red font as soon as I can."

Question: Who is "Trika"?

Answer: "My name is Trika Harms zum Spreckel, and I'm on the Marketing Communications team for Microsoft Learning. My job is MCP communications."

Anyway, her blog is an excellent source for this kind of info.
  • Options
    Thanks much oldbarney!
  • Options
    If you are not hapy with the "RE-TAKE" of 71-621 and 71-622, please express your concerns at http://blogs.msdn.com/trika/archive/2007/02/02/new-dates-for-vista-professional-series-mcitp-exams.aspx#1588017

• Options
    gomcse2002 wrote:
    If you are not hapy with the "RE-TAKE" of 71-621 and 71-622, please express your concerns at http://blogs.msdn.com/trika/archive/2007/02/02/new-dates-for-vista-professional-series-mcitp-exams.aspx#1588017

Thanks gomcse2002, I have posted my thoughts.
  • Options
    NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    Left my feedback to, it would be nice to have a proper reason why this is happening. The reason of wanting to produce good exams, in my opinion isn't a good enough reason icon_evil.gif

-Ken
  • Options
    Hey guys

Don't let it stop. We have stand up for our own rights and please express your concerns regarding Re-take of the beta exams at http://blogs.msdn.com/trika/archive/2007/02/02/new-dates-for-vista-professional-series-mcitp-exams.aspx#1588017

The more people object that, the better chances for Microsoft to provide alternative solutions for us.
    NinjaBoy wrote:
    Left my feedback to, it would be nice to have a proper reason why this is happening. The reason of wanting to produce good exams, in my opinion isn't a good enough reason icon_evil.gif

-Ken

• Options
    Still waiting from the offical word from MS.
  • Options
    I've emailed mcphelp@microsoft.com, and I can't get a straight answer out of them. Soon as I do, I'll post it.
  • Options
    Just fired off and email to Microsoft. I suggest that you all do the same.
  • Options
    I have just send an email to mcphelp@microsoft.com . I'm waiting too now..
  • Options
    Finally got a sensible reply from MS...

Questions:
    1. Will the results of THIS exam (71-621) be delayed more than normal beta exams are?

2. Is there a possibility that people who took the beta exam 71-621 may have to retake it?

3. Will there be a second beta for 71-621?

Answers:
    1. Yes
    2. No
    3. No
  • Options
    :D Happy to know this !!!
    Ihope Microsoft will soon tell some official word about this ! :P
  • Options
    I hope the answer from Microsoft HelpDesk is consistent with the one from Microsoft Learning (MLS) and I don't want to re-take those 2 exams !!

• Options
    If all 3 exams (70-621, 70-622 and 70-623), I don't think I can handle all 3 exams before my 3 VUE exam voucher going to be expired before June 30, 2007. This really show MLS can screw up instead of help you for getting your MS certs.

• Options
    Hi !!! :D

I get my answer from Micrososft! just read below:

Hello Kyrikaze,

Thank you for your e-mail regarding beta 71-621.

Please be aware that Beta exam results take upto 3 months and there is no retake of this exam. Also the exam 71-623 has been delayed and Microsoft will announce the new schedule for this exam.

Candidates are notified by e-mail of the results of their beta exam a few days prior to the exam going live. If you have not received your score report within this timeframe please contact the testing company you tested with to have this resolved. You may contact us at MCPHelp@microsoft.com after you have received our e-mail notification to confirm your exam results.

If there is anything else we can do for you, please let us know. Thank you for contacting Microsoft.

Javed
    MCPHelp@microsoft.com
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning

So, Good News !!!! :D