What is it? I'm at work
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Mishra wrote:
    What is it? I'm at work

+1 for this! :D
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    It's just a ticking clock. Roman numerals III, VI, IX, and XII. Minutes hand is at IX and hours hand is approaching XII. Nintendo DS logo.

Some of you may of caught a theory of mine earlier, but I accidentally read the VI as four instead of six, so I quickly deleted it . It looks like Chronotrigger after all.
  • MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Chronotrigger was fun but it wasn't like the end all of RPGs. I hold Final Fantasy 3 (numbering on the SNES) to be higher standing than Chronotrigger.

You may learn something!
  • BeaverC32BeaverC32 Member Posts: 670 ■■■□□□□□□□
    MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, LPIC-1, MCP, MCTS: Vista Config, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, CCNA, A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, BSCS (Information Systems)
    I actually have the re-release on the Playstation, but I never played it.

Mishra, wasn't FF3 the one where you eventually went up to a sky world? Right before that happened, I completely sold off everything in my inventory. Unfortunately, all the gear for people not in my party was in my inventory, so they were all unequiped. Then I had to play with them when I went up there, and they just died in one hit every time. I didn't have any other saves and there was no place to get more gear haha. That = ncool.gif

For anyone who likes FF, check these out: http://www.gametrailers.com/game/4831.html

They're a look back at all the FF games, and they're really well done.
  • MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I wouldn't say sky world. >_<

It is the one with Kefka as the boss.

You may learn something!
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Mishra wrote:

I leveled up about 4 of my guys to 99 before I went in that tower (dino forest is great for leveling up). I was so determined to just whiz through that part, and have my ultimate FF3 army. I love that game. I miss the old school RPG's. Too much stuff going on in the new ones. I cannot wait for chrono trigger for DS. I saw the Chrono Trigger/FF3 pack for the PS1 at the store the other day. I was REALLY tempted to pick it up just for Chrono Trigger; but now I will just hold off for the portable version.

and for the record, I still have a SNES and will power it up to play a game here and there. I really do miss my 'Ken Griffey Jr Baseball (original 1994 title, it freaking broke!) but I found a better baseball game finally. My wife and I beat 'Link to the Past' while we were still dating together :)icon_rolleyes.gif Every now and then we have mortal kombat tourneys and mario kart races too. DAMN the SNES is still one of the best systems IMO.
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    snadam wrote:
    Mishra wrote:

I leveled up about 4 of my guys to 99 before I went in that tower (dino forest is great for leveling up). I was so determined to just whiz through that part, and have my ultimate FF3 army. I love that game. I miss the old school RPG's. Too much stuff going on in the new ones. I cannot wait for chrono trigger for DS. I saw the Chrono Trigger/FF3 pack for the PS1 at the store the other day. I was REALLY tempted to pick it up just for Chrono Trigger; but now I will just hold off for the portable version.

and for the record, I still have a SNES and will power it up to play a game here and there. I really do miss my 'Ken Griffey Jr Baseball (original 1994 title, it freaking broke!) but I found a better baseball game finally. My wife and I beat 'Link to the Past' while we were still dating together :)icon_rolleyes.gif Every now and then we have mortal kombat tourneys and mario kart races too. DAMN the SNES is still one of the best systems IMO.

I used to do the same thing in FF3 in dino forest. That takes me back... Remember fighting all the battles with the cursed shield just to get the paladin shield? That always seemed to take forever for me.....

If I had a DS I would definitely be getting Chrono trigger, but I don't plan on getting a DS... Good thing, I guess, I don't need any help from anything else to distract me from my studies.
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Ah, games that stole my adolescent life. Now, let's see how many die-hard fans we have on this forum. Let's play a rousing game of "name that SNES RPG", (extra points if you name the character that said it):

1. "He could be my friend if he weren't my enemy"

2. "What ARE you two doing? I thought you said something about a nice little slideshow?

3. "You spoony bard!"

4. "You know, some people use something called a DOOR to get in and out of their houses."

5. "It's awful when a person loses their life. What had taken years to put together was destroyed in one moment."

And, for extra credit: "BOING! ZOOM!"

(All this, of course, to prove to myself that I'm not as huge of a gamer-geek as I thought. . . am I?)

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818

FF3/6 - Cyan

2. "What ARE you two doing? I thought you said something about a nice little slideshow?

Chronotrigger - Crono

3. "You spoony bard!"

FF2/4 - Tellah

4. "You know, some people use something called a DOOR to get in and out of their houses."

SMRPG - Toad

5. "It's awful when a person loses their life. What had taken years to put together was destroyed in one moment."

Illusion of Gaia - Karah

Alas, no extra credit here. Seems familiar but doesn't ring a bell.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
    undomiel wrote:

FF3/6 - Cyan

Chronotrigger - Crono

3. "You spoony bard!"

FF2/4 - Tellah

SMRPG - Toad

Illusion of Gaia - Karah

Alas, no extra credit here. Seems familiar but doesn't ring a bell.

Very nice, good to see that I'm not the only one that's lost months of life at a time to old 16-meg carts. icon_lol.gif

For #1, I'd have accepted Shadow, as well, mainly because it's unclear whether it's Shadow of Cyan that speaks from behind the crate as they watch General Leo depart.

The extra credit. . . anyone want to take a shot at it?

• sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If we are on the subject of SNES RPG's I have to say may favorite is Earthbound. Not sure if any of you have played it but it does have a cult following so to speak. The sequel to Earthbound just came out for the Gameboy Advance in 2006 in Japan (called Mother 3). The game has no plans of being released in the US but there is a fan translation going on.

http://mother3.fobby.net
    slowhand wrote:

I think you are talking about Earthbound here and the Mr. Saturn's.
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
    sthomas wrote:
    slowhand wrote:

I think you are talking about Earthbound here and the Mr. Saturn's.
    Right on the money! The Mr. Saturns even had their own font to accomodate the quirky language they spoke. Earthbound (Mother 2) was always one of my favorite games.

• TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    hehehe..I have no time whatsoever to play games. They do look like fun though. My wife has banned a playstation purchase. Any playtime is allocated to amusing our baby :)
    So how old were you all when you played these?

I have a pretty good memory, but I don't remember any of these details.

The SNES came out in August, 1991, and I got one for my ninth birthday the following January.
  • KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I was playing Mother 3 with a text translation a while back. :D

I remember 1995 being the best year, since a lot of great hits came out around that time.
    Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680
    I don't care what anyone says about graphics and sound after the 3D generation (PS1/Saturn/N64), the old-school games were still the best. What always gets me is the music, especially some of the orchestrated stuff.

• snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    snadam wrote:
    Mishra wrote:

I used to do the same thing in FF3 in dino forest. That takes me back... Remember fighting all the battles with the cursed shield just to get the paladin shield? That always seemed to take forever for me.....

If I had a DS I would definitely be getting Chrono trigger, but I don't plan on getting a DS... Good thing, I guess, I don't need any help from anything else to distract me from my studies.

believe it or not, I didnt try it; or at least I dont remember... icon_redface.gif I was going for an offensive physical attack plan; I lost all aspiration for picking up items etc. I just remember beating it (I actually beat it only a few years ago) and saying to myself 'wow, this game is better than most if not all other current RPG's out there. Why dont they make games like this again?'

I noticed somebody mentioned SMRPG...I LOVED THAT GAME!!! too bad I only rented it and never beat it. now the tag for that cartridge is like $50 so I will say nay until they virtualize it on the Wii or something. I think I was at least 75% done. None of my friends liked RPG's. They like sports and fighting games; which is fine with me. Anybody play Actraiser (the first one)? I always thought the concept for that game was really innovative and fun. Short title though.

I really think the early/mid 90's was the best era of videogames.

Super Metroid, killer instinct, MKII, Even Super Mario World was awesome!!!

keep the titles coming!!!

and PS: Slowhand, you are a RPG connoisseur, because I wasnt even close on your quiz!
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
    snadam wrote:
    and PS: Slowhand, you are a RPG connoisseur, because I wasnt even close on your quiz!

Yea, that's why I asked about age. I'm a pretty big gamer and that made me feel dumb. However, now that I think about it, I bet he just cherry-picked facts from Wikipedia and everyone else was smart enough to google them.

Anyone get any SNES stuff on the Wii? I got Breath of Fire 3 the other day. Should definitely check it out if you haven't played it.
    dynamik wrote:
    snadam wrote:

Yea, that's why I asked about age. I'm a pretty big gamer and that made me feel dumb. However, now that I think about it, I bet he just cherry-picked facts from Wikipedia and everyone else was smart enough to google them.

Well, not quite. I remembered The FFIV, FFVI, Chrono Trigger, and Illusion of Gaia quotes off the top of my head. I couldn't remember the exact wording of what Toad said to Mario on Super Mario RPG, so that one I had to search for. Well, the quote from Earthbound isn't too hard to remember, but most people don't recognize it if it's not in the Mr. Saturn font. Let's just say that I spent a lot of time playing games when I was younger, instead of doing more wholesome things. . . like building servers and configuring routers. icon_lol.gif

I think I was about 11 or 12 when I first got my hands on FFVI. I don't think I was seen for at least six months.

No worries. I'm just bitter because I didn't know any of the answers.

Speaking of classic games: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAAgfY_NHzw&feature=related
  • KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
    CT DS has an offical release date for the US, and will be out this November.
    Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680
    Yey! Maybe a Christmas present for me then.
  • AnonymouseAnonymouse Member Posts: 509 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I still have my Chrono Trigger cartridge. Haven't used it in over 4 years though since I don't even know where my SNES is. I will never let this cartridge go. Same with my FF3 and Super Mario RPG. Never! I remember being at a party in highschool and Square RPG's came up and I mentioned that I still had my Chrono Trigger cartridge along with the box and manual. Some guy was trying to get me to sell for $100. Even though I have practically all the SNES classics RPG ROM's on my computer and USB flash drive I don't think I could ever part with these old cartridges.
  • scheistermeisterscheistermeister Member Posts: 748 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
    Woah, hello, people working here.
  • scheistermeisterscheistermeister Member Posts: 748 ■□□□□□□□□□
    undomiel wrote:
    Woah, hello, people working here.

Sorry, forgot, edited it.
    Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.