Options

What is the hardest topic to study for CCNA?

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    adamjohnadamjohn Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
      For many CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate) candidates, subnetting is often considered one of the most challenging topics to study.   Subnetting involves dividing a network into smaller, manageable subnetworks, requiring a solid understanding of binary math and IP addressing. Mastery of subnetting concepts, including subnet masks, CIDR notation, and subnetting calculations, is essential for success in the CCNA exam and real-world networking scenarios.

• Options
    Moon ChildMoon Child Member Posts: 197 ■■■□□□□□□□
    For me it was VLSAM.  I think I am finally getting it down, but it was hard at first. I am studying the CCNA material while I study for my Net+ and Sec+ exams so I can renew those certifications as well.
    ... the world seems full of good men--even if there are monsters in it. - Bram Stoker, Dracula
  • Options
    volfkhatvolfkhat Member Posts: 1,054 ■■■■■■■■□□
    For me it was VLSAM.  I think I am finally getting it down, but it was hard at first. I am studying the CCNA material while I study for my Net+ and Sec+ exams so I can renew those certifications as well.
    Wow...
    your profile says you're a longtime member. Do you have any other certifcations.

Have you ben on the helpdesk that long?

Let me know if you have any Networking questions..
    i got my Net+ & ccna almost 10 years ago... but i might be able to help (i always liked the subnet math lol)
  • Options
    volfkhat said:
    Wow...
    your profile says you're a longtime member. Do you have any other certifcations.

Have you ben on the helpdesk that long?

Let me know if you have any Networking questions..
    i got my Net+ & ccna almost 10 years ago... but i might be able to help (i always liked the subnet math lol)
    That's because I have been in a lot of other jobs/fields besides IT. I had jobs in between IT jobs because I had a hard time landing IT Jobs. I had worked as a PHP developer for a little while, a laptop technician, helpdesk/ desktop technician ... though I do a lot of networking and network administration in that job role. I worked in between IT jobs as a truck driver, I got a CDL. School teacher, I also have a teaching license.

Before that in high school I got interested in IT by hacking online computer games using a program called softice and also using a hex editor. I taught myself to read assembler and took a self study assembler class. I then taught myself to write trainers for these games in C++ using MFC and Win32Api with inline assembly code. That was when I was like 17 -18 and a long time ago so I think I forgot how to do all that by now lol ;)  I originally got my bachelor's in CIS because I found computer funs.  Unfortunately what I found fun in high school didn't always lead to steady jobs, so I had a lot other occupations/jobs between my computer jobs.
    ... the world seems full of good men--even if there are monsters in it. - Bram Stoker, Dracula
  • Options
    volfkhatvolfkhat Member Posts: 1,054 ■■■■■■■■□□
    edited April 24
    Moon Child said:
    That's because I have been in a lot of other jobs/fields besides IT. I had jobs in between IT jobs because I had a hard time landing IT Jobs. I had worked as a PHP developer for a little while, a laptop technician, helpdesk/ desktop technician ... though I do a lot of networking and network administration in that job role. I worked in between IT jobs as a truck driver, I got a CDL. School teacher, I also have a teaching license.

Before that in high school I got interested in IT by hacking online computer games using a program called softice and also using a hex editor. I taught myself to read assembler and took a self study assembler class. I then taught myself to write trainers for these games in C++ using MFC and Win32Api with inline assembly code. That was when I was like 17 -18 and a long time ago so I think I forgot how to do all that by now lol ;)  I originally got my bachelor's in CIS because I found computer funs.  Unfortunately what I found fun in high school didn't always lead to steady jobs, so I had a lot other occupations/jobs between my computer jobs.

Dammmmmmm :D

i dont even know what most of that stuff means lol.... but i think you should definitely consider my other 'advice'... if you still hav a passion for IT.

i don't really have the 'passion' anymore myself.
    AFter 20 years of getting nowhere fast... i've realized that im tired of the 40-hour grind.
    Fortunately, my fortunes have steadily improved since getting my ccna and lucking into a great job where i got to learn.
    Job hopping during Covid REALLY paid financial dividends.

With a little luck... i'll be able to retire from I.T. in another 4 years.
    Can't wait!

But enough about me.
    How old are you now?
    Do you still have the Passion for I.T.?
  • Options
    edited April 27
    Well I have always had a passion for IT stuff. After all I been doing it as a hobby even at times when I wasn't employed in IT most of my life. Starting at age 17 to present, always loved IT stuff and always did IT stuff for fun. That never changed.

I appreciate the advice. You mentioned your fortunes changed since getting your CCNA so I expect that will happen for me too once I pass it.

Age-> Im older now of course.
    I do have disabilities and health issues which might eliminate me as a candidate in some employers eyes. I could actually collect disability for a disability I have, but I refuse to do that I love to work and want to get ahead.

I live in a smaller town but commute an hour away to a big US city for work.