Geek Stereotypes

procmanprocman Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
hey all, a friend and i were talking the other day when a geeksquad ad came on, she mad reference to the fact that that was great yet untruthful advertising. she believes that the likelyhood of finding a semi attractive geek is like none. so in order to save our dignity i would like everyone who reads this to post a link proving otherwise. if you cant prove her wrong then send some good goffy pix of geekdom.
K-Meleon 1.5.1
Compaq Presario 723RS

Comments

• MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You may refer to my utmost attractive photo in my monitor glare in my avatar. Thank you drive through.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    I'm not brave enough (or trusting enough, take your pick) to post a picture of myself, but I will say that at my last tech job, I was frequently told that I didn't "look" like a computer person. Not sure if that has to do with me being female or if it was because I don't look like the comic book store guy on the Simpsons or a little of both. But I was once told by a (female) customer that I looked more like a model than a technician. I think she meant it as a compliment, but I wasn't really too sure how to take it. I muttered an "um, thanks" and went about my business.

As for the fellas...I've worked with at least one attractive male tech before, but he was more pretty than he was a good technician! icon_lol.gif
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • PashPash Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Well I would post a picture of my adorable self, but I would pretty much confirm your friends advanced theory.

But seriously ladies, I have a great bum and a feminine side (I cross dress).
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.
  • BeaverC32BeaverC32 Member Posts: 670 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Refer to my avatar for an accurate depiction.
    MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, LPIC-1, MCP, MCTS: Vista Config, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, CCNA, A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, BSCS (Information Systems)
  • deadpool287deadpool287 Member Posts: 113
    years ago
    lockin_044.jpg

weeks ago
    1228159501.jpg
  • bwcartybwcarty Member Posts: 422 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The only recent picture I have online is on the page in my sig link, and it's not too flattering...it was taken about 4.8 miles into a 5 mile race when I'm really starting to suck wind, and it's from an angle that really emphasizes my gut.

While you're there mocking me, donate a few bucks to the Leukemia & Lymphoma society :P
    Help eradicate blood cancers with a donation to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
  • procmanprocman Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    haha well she was right in syaing that we are all to shy to get anywhere. but i dont blame yall, i have a club foot, cleft lip and a third nipple. thanx deadpool that made me laugh so hard my recliner vibrated
    K-Meleon 1.5.1
    Compaq Presario 723RS
  • jnwdmbjnwdmb Member Posts: 99 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You failed to mention if she was hot or single.....maybe I don't want her to know my myspace page or what I look like....or maybe I do! post her pic and I'll let you know if she can really obtain the "non-geeky" guy she desires.
    A+ IT Technician, Network +, Security+
    MCSA:M, MCSE:S
    (MS 270,290,291,293,294,298,299)
    MS Exchange 2003 (70-284)
    MCTS: Server 2K8 Virtualization(70-652 & 70-403)
  • Melvin_the_GeekMelvin_the_Geek Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    There is nothing wrong with being a geek!

http://www.zippanthropus.com/melvin.html

Free your inner Melvin!!!
  • amp2030amp2030 Member Posts: 253
    There is nothing wrong with being a geek!

http://www.zippanthropus.com/melvin.html

Free your inner Melvin!!!

HAAAHAHAHAAAA

Genius!
  • SilentsoulSilentsoul Member Posts: 260
    brad- wrote:

That is the greatest ever. Terrible in a sense, but man if that guy only knew. Would change his life.
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I resemble that.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • supertechCETmasupertechCETma Member Posts: 377
    geek_flow_chart_nyt.gif
    Electronic Technicians Association-International www.eta-i.org
    The Fiber Optic Association www.thefoa.org
    Home Acoustics Alliance® http://www.homeacoustics.net/
    Imaging Science Foundation http://www.imagingscience.com/
  • ladiesman217ladiesman217 Member Posts: 416
    skrpune wrote:
    I'm not brave enough (or trusting enough, take your pick) to post a picture of myself, but I will say that at my last tech job, I was frequently told that I didn't "look" like a computer person. Not sure if that has to do with me being female or if it was because I don't look like the comic book store guy on the Simpsons or a little of both. But I was once told by a (female) customer that I looked more like a model than a technician. I think she meant it as a compliment, but I wasn't really too sure how to take it. I muttered an "um, thanks" and went about my business.

As for the fellas...I've worked with at least one attractive male tech before, but he was more pretty than he was a good technician! icon_lol.gif

you look a like a model? wow post pic! lol!

Starting today just ask me questions if you need help. ehem! j/k
    No Sacrifice, No Victory.
  • Lee HLee H Member Posts: 1,135
    Ime affraid i have to protect my anonymity, the swtich board at Crimewatch Uk would get hammered with calls

icon_lol.gif
    skrpune wrote:

you look a like a model? wow post pic! lol!

Starting today just ask me questions if you need help. ehem! j/k
    icon_lol.gif

Alrighty, in the interest of proving to procman's friend that we're not all greasy, crumb-covered, basement dwelling Melvins, I'll include a couple of semi-nondescript pics. (Sorry, still a bit paranoid about posting pics of myself openly on the web, so nothing too closeup here...)

Me & "Babe" (some light offroading back in AZ...sigh, I miss Arizona...especially now that it's snowing here in IL!)
    P1010117.jpg

Me & Hubby on our wedding day:
    F159.jpg

• MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    On with the semi-nondescript pictures!

img021.jpg

HPIM0221.jpg
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • kryollakryolla Member Posts: 785
    My co-worker said this to me one time, you're a geek but you don't dress like one. Should I take it as a compliment?
    Studying for CCIE and drinking Home Brew
  • deadpool287deadpool287 Member Posts: 113
    how about who cares how you "look"? as you can see i dont dress to impress. Somebody thinks your attractive somewhere. In the mean time I plan on enjoying what i have. this is by no means meant as insulting. I look just don't care if ppl think i am ugly or not. i dress how I WANT to dress
    @ skrpune

you remind me of Julia Roberts

ActressJulia_Granitz_14965579.jpg
    @ Mishra

When people see me seated like that while I'm on my deepest concentration they started to think I'm losing my mind. Are you? icon_lol.gif
    @ skrpune

Thanks...I think? You didn't say if that's a good thing or not... icon_lol.gif

• royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    skrpune wrote:
    especially now that it's snowing here in IL!

And it only just started! icon_sad.gif
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
    royal wrote:
    skrpune wrote:

Yeah, I know...don't remind me! We had a break today, but more snow tomorrow. Ugh. I guess this is what we get for having 80F temps earlier in the fall...

skrpune wrote:
    royal wrote:
    skrpune wrote:

Yeah, I know...don't remind me! We had a break today, but more snow tomorrow. Ugh. I guess this is what we get for having 80F temps earlier in the fall...

[brag] No snow for me tomorrow. I'm in FL this week! [/brag]

I'm just hoping we don't have a winter like last winter. What'd it snow like 3-4 times every week for like half a year?
    royal wrote:
    skrpune wrote:
    royal wrote:
    skrpune wrote:

[brag] No snow for me tomorrow. I'm in FL this week! [/brag]
    oh, you lucky bastage, I am SO jealous! Cmon, don't you miss freezing rain & slipping around town? (On a sidenote, I am quite peeved at the lazy people in my neighborhood who can't be bothered to toss some salt on their walkways...I nearly killed myself umpteen times walking the dog this week, grr! icon_evil.gif )

As for last winter in Chicago, I wouldn't know, I was in Toronto last winter. But lucky me, I was there for a record breaking winter - more snow in 1-2 days in December 07 than they usually had for the entire month...and nearly 7' of snow overall for the winter. Nice!

So how 'bout a pic of you enjoying the weather down in the tropics?? icon_cool.gif

Well I'm in Fort Walton Beach. It's right on the border of Alabama and Florida. I'd hardly call it the tropics since it's actually kind of cold down here as well.

Last winter there was a period of a couple weeks when there was a thick layer of ice everywhere. That week I went to Orlando when they were having a heat wave. That was great going from 0 degree weather with ice everywhere to 80+ degree weather. I wish it was that warm in the area of FL I'm in. Ah well, still warmer than Chicago so I still can't complain!
    skrpune wrote:
    @ skrpune

Thanks...I think? You didn't say if that's a good thing or not... icon_lol.gif

nothing bad... she's smoking hot! icon_lol.gif

and to your husband, he's just one shower ahead of me being handsome. icon_wink.gif
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Julia Roberts - Plastic = Skrpune