Geek Stereotypes

13»

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    skrpune wrote:
    Yeah, I guess most of us are pretty nonstereotypical. Which begs the question - just where did this stereotype come from? Revenge of the Nerds??

Well, I haven't posted a pic of myself (for good reason), so the answer to that may not be as mysterious as you think.

There was actually an interesting discussion in one of the off-topic fitness threads where someone made the observation that the majority of us actually had relatively good diet and fitness habits as well. He or she made the point that our desire to better ourselves apparently extended beyond certifications into other areas of our lives as well. I think we're a pretty unique subset of the population. The longer you stay here, the more obvious that truth becomes.
    Bill Gates.

I call BS. Those eyes are dreamy...
    bg1.jpg
    bg2.jpg
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    dynamik wrote:
    Well, I haven't posted a pic of myself (for good reason)

Afraid most of the guys here won't think you're a sexy hunk that models for Calvin Klein underwear commercials?
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Am I that transparent? icon_redface.gif
  • azjagazjag Member Posts: 579 ■■■■■■■□□□
    hackers-angelina-jolie.jpg

Too bad she isn't a geek in real life :)
    Currently Studying:
    VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Administration (VCAP5-DCA) (Passed)
    VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Design (VCAP5-DCD)
  • SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    dynamik wrote:
    I call BS. Those eyes are dreamy...

Ok now im disturbed.....

icon_cry.gif
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools
  • /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768 ■■■□□□□□□□
    He or she made the point that our desire to better ourselves apparently extended beyond certifications into other areas of our lives as well.

That rings true with me, at least. I really try to better myself in all areas of life, not just IT. I watch what I eat and try to stay healthy, I run (or will again when I get this damn treadmill!) regularly, mountain bike a lot in the warmer months, love hiking, etc.

I also try to not only better myself personally, but to do what I can to make others day better. I can safely say that I am an extremely kind person. I try to treat everyone I come across with respect and talk to them like as I would want to be talked to. You never know when a smile, kind word, or casual conversation could brighten someone's day when it would otherwise be awful.

Anyone who met me would have no idea that I could spend countless hours fooling around with labs, or that I spent a lot of my free personal time studying for certifications. I could be perfectly happy spending half my time studying and half my time gaming. Unfortunately, life demands more from us and I realize that I'm an adult with real responsibilities.

I'm not sure why I felt compelled to type that.
  • HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    skrpune wrote:
    @ skrpune

you remind me of Julia Roberts
    Thanks...I think? You didn't say if that's a good thing or not... icon_lol.gif

nothing bad... she's smoking hot! icon_lol.gif

and to your husband, he's just one shower ahead of me being handsome. icon_wink.gif

How so, skyprune's lips aren't enormous? icon_lol.gif
    Good luck to all!
  • paintb4707paintb4707 Member Posts: 420
    Here's me in all my geeky glory.

IMAGE_024a.jpg

And yeah, I know my cell phone sucks. icon_redface.gif