Options

Which is better for the MCITP:EA? CBT Nuggets or TrainSignal?

13»

Comments

• Options
    za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    NvrGvUp wrote: »
    But, I suppose you already have server and networking experience before you took the 70-642 exam(?) (As I mentioned, I don't have any prior experience at all.)

You should, at MCITP page and in books they mention that you should at least have one year experience with AD,networking ..etc.

My advice to you is to start studying and use Virtualization in order to have your own mini netwrok that has servers and workstations and try to learn from this point.

70-642 is hard to study if you don't have any experience so try to find other books that starts with the very basics.
  • Options
    ZillatechZillatech Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Just wanted to follow up on this thread after reviewing the CBT Nuggets Course. I like both TS and Nuggets but if I had to spend the $$$ again I would definitely Choose CBT Nuggets. They go into a little more detail and seem to map the exams a little closer so I'd give the Edge to them.

The only thing I wish they would have done is have a more polished presentation, like better formatted Note pages instead of the "Hand Written" White board discussions but that is getting pretty nitpicky. The TS video and audio is a tiny bit better as well but nothing to really make any difference in you getting the knowledge.

CBT Nuggets is now my first choice of Video Training with TS a very close second. I think the Nuggets MCITP Course with James Conrad instructing is definitely worth the money! I would also recommend just buying the videos instead of the streaming if you are they type of person who likes to "own" your material. The Streaming is good (especially for employers) but I prefer to own the videos myself.

My 2 cents ~
  • Options
    alokin123alokin123 Member Posts: 268
    the thing that sucks about the cbt nuggets streaming subscription is that they changed the player to silverlight which doesnt allow you to increase the playback speed. I have written to them and they say they will be coming up with an alternative player which i hope they will be because i cant watch videos at 1x speed anymore
  • Options
    spartangtrspartangtr Member Posts: 111
    Bump.

Anyone used TS since they re-released some of these videos? I remember watching some of the 640 videos a while back with culbertson and thinking it was a joke. Anyone try the new liberman TS 640 videos?
This discussion has been closed.