Options

WGU Refer-A-Friend (Thread for those seeking a referral)

Comments

• Options
    JLANCAJLANCA Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    New WGU student. Im looking for someone to refer me in order to have my application fee waved.

Thanks in advance, i truly appreciate any help.
  • Options
    mba81mba81 Banned Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello,

I am a new WGU student applicant. I would be most appreciative if someone can refer me to have the application fee waived.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.
  • Options
    jessica.gaddjessica.gadd Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    As soon as you all get private messages set up, I would be happy to refer you.
    Goals for 2013:
    [ ] A+
    [ ] Network+
    [ ] Start BSIT @ WGU
  • Options
    Hi Jessica!

I clicked allow Receive Email from Other Members in the general settings.. Is that the right thing? I thought I had it right to send and receive private messages. Can you please help? Thank you so very 1much!

mba81
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    PLEASE READ THE FIRST POST

After talking to Mikej412 and Webmaster it was agreed that there was a need for a separate thread devoted to requests for WGU references (Refer-A-Friend). You can use this thread to seek out WGU students at TechExams that are willing to refer you. You can read about how this benefits you and the person who refers you in the paragraph below.

Do not post your PII (Personally Identifiable Information) or e-mail address in your post. Reply with a request for a referral and we will contact you.

Refer-A-Friend

Edit by Webmaster:
    For new members to be able to send or receive PMs, please follow the instructions in the welcome email you received when you registered at TechExams.net. Alternatively, you can enable the option "Receive Email from Other Members" in your user profile allowing active members to contact you for the referral.

mikej412-albums-misc-picture145-email-set.jpg

Active members (the referrer) can then contact you by emailing them via TE:

mikej412-albums-misc-picture143-email-option.jpg

The process to obtain a referral is clearly spelled out above. Enable your e-mail and post in this thread that you would like a referral. No additional posting, or other effort is required.

-register as a member to TechExams.net
    -enable e-mail in your profile
    -then patiently WAIT as it can take a few minutes or possibly up to a day for someone to get back with you, but someone WILL get back with you.

So many get it right, but there are so many who appear to have missed that important first thread. Therefore I have enclosed it here for your convenience.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    Hello,

I tried doing the step above and enabled receive email from other members and I still can't send or receive a PM. I don't understand. icon_sad.gif I emailed the administrator,and hope to hear back. I even un-clicked receive email from other members, saved it, then clicked it back on as shown above and saved it and nothing!

I appreciate your help.
  • Options
    bbrandy81bbrandy81 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have enable messaging. Would someone please send me a code. I would be most grateful!
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    mba81 wrote: »
    Hello,

I tried doing the step above and enabled receive email from other members and I still can't send or receive a PM. I don't understand. icon_sad.gif I emailed the administrator,and hope to hear back. I even un-clicked receive email from other members, saved it, then clicked it back on as shown above and saved it and nothing!

I appreciate your help.

That is because PM and email are separate options. As long as you have email enabled someone can contact you to give you a referral if they want to. Just be advised that just because you ask doesn't mean someone is going to give it to you.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    BrandyTBrandyT Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I sent an email requesting PM's some time ago and still have not gotten access. Is there another way?
  • Options
    You do not need PMs enabled as pointed out in the post above. Enable email from members and someone can contact you that way if they desire to do so. Just posting a request here is not a guarantee someone will send you a referral though.
  • Options
    jackieordazjackieordaz Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi am also looking into WGU, can someone please send me a referral?
  • Options
    BrandyTBrandyT Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yay, I finally got my PM's enabled!!!! Does someone have a code that they would like to share with me, please?
  • Options
    WguDaveWguDave Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    WGU referral code needed! I actived emails so I hope it working! icon_surprised.gif
  • Options
    kirurikiruri Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hi can you please send me a referral too
  • Options
    Hello,

That makes sense, and I appreciate your response. However, even if I wanted to I can't pm you, or email you and you are the moderator. I believe something is wrong with my profile, and I have already tried numerous times to enable the email. So, I cannot send or receive email. I contacted the webmaster and never heard back.

Please help.
  • Options
    joethejustjoethejust Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey guys, I am looking for a referral code. Please PM me, I have activated e-mails.

Thanks!
  • Options
    mba81 wrote: »
    Hello,

That makes sense, and I appreciate your response. However, even if I wanted to I can't pm you, or email you and you are the moderator. I believe something is wrong with my profile, and I have already tried numerous times to enable the email. So, I cannot send or receive email. I contacted the webmaster and never heard back.

Please help.

Your email is enabled and anyone can send you one anytime they want. But again, just because they can doesn't mean they will.
  • Options
    missthinggmissthingg Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Can someone give me a referral?

Thanks!
  • Options
    morticia77morticia77 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I could really use a referral code please.

Thank you!
  • Options
    DallemanDalleman Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Can someone send me an a referral code please? Thank you
  • Options
    -hype-hype Member Posts: 165
    About to start the journey, can someone please send me a referral code?
    WGU BS IT:Network Administration
    Started: 10-1-13
    Completed: 9-21-14
    Transferred: 67 CU Completed: 54 CU
  • Options
    iubjeniubjen Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am about to apply to Western Governor's University and need a referral code. I can receive emails from members here. PLEASE AND THANK YOU :)
  • Options
    AbingisserAbingisser Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I would love to attend WGU and I am looking for a referral to help offset the cost of the application fee! Thanks for any and all help!
  • Options
    KdatenoKdateno Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Would it be possible for someone to assist me with a an affiliate/referral code as well? Emails are enabled for my acct as well.

Much Appreciated,

KD
  • Options
    mchelkelmchelkel Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello All! Can anyone help me with a WGU referral code? Thanks! Would like to attend WGU for BS in IT - Network Administration.

Thank you,
    Michelle
  • Options
    ahare89ahare89 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm looking to enroll at WGU soon, could someone refer me? Thanks!
  • Options
    ZzyzzxZzyzzx Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am also looking for an affiliate code as well. Thanks!
  • Options
    lamitchell1369lamitchell1369 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I looking for a referral, please!!! Thanks for your time.
  • Options
    guy2smoothguy2smooth Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello to all. I filled out the application for WGU. Can anybody send me an affiliate code please? Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    spyder645spyder645 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    could someone please send me a referral code for wgu