Options

Am I the only one 70-647

13»

Comments

• Options
    LCALCA Member Posts: 215
    za3bour wrote: »
    I was thinking about this, do you think it is our right to know exactly what the format of the exam will be? also if there are beta questions or not.

In my opinion I think it's our right to know, at least to be mentally ready for this.

There's something in what you say but unfortunately in MS own words from the prep guides:
    Microsoft exam exams might include adaptive testing technology and simulation items. Microsoft does not identify the format which the exams are presented.

Now on a related topic this article on the MS exam blog talks about the philosophy and methodology of how the correct answer is found in MS PRO exams, (ie. exams such as 646 and 647):

Sometimes the correct answer is the correct answer

This is very relevant to 647:
    Because we believe that truly qualified candidates, especially at the professional level, should know what the best solution is in situations where multiple good solutions exist or are possible, we have decided to incorporte "best answer" items into some of our exams.

I had many questions in 647 where multiple answers were in some way correct even if they would require more administrative effort.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://sqlsnapshots.blogspot.com/ - My SQL Server exam resources blog
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I've been exploring different resources and haven't scheduled yet. I've been hearing that they've beefed up this exam quite a bit and that's got me a little nervous. I'll probably take it mid to late March.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    earweed wrote: »
    I've been exploring different resources and haven't scheduled yet. I've been hearing that they've beefed up this exam quite a bit and that's got me a little nervous. I'll probably take it mid to late March.

This is what I heard as well but I just can't wait anymore I really wanna move this away of my face.

I have the exam in about 10 hours.
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Good luck, go slay this sucker.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    Essendon wrote: »
    Good luck, go slay this sucker.

Thanks, still 3 hours to go :D
  • Options
    ConradJConradJ Member Posts: 83 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Best of luck to you!
  • Options
    Thanks, still 3 hours to go :D
    Go slay it man. I know you'll destroy it.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    CChilderhoseCChilderhose Member Posts: 137
    Took this sucker again today and slammed it out with 866. icon_thumright.gif

Finally an EA. Woohoo.
    VCAP-DCA, VCP 55
    MCITP: EA, VA, SA
    VCAP-DCD, VCP6 -- COMING SOON
  • Options
    I'm so tired both mentally and physically but hell yea I passed :D

775, that was one hell of an exam. details later it's 9:26 PM now I finished work at 5 then headed to the test center which is like 30 minutes away took the exam and I'm home finally.

A lot of details later tomorrow, finally MCITP-EA it took me around 10 months to do it (well I spent 2 months moving/settling which really can't count).

I just need to sleep now, gotta walk up at 5:30 thanks every one for your support and for this great site which is a major role of why I'm passing.(Y)
  • Options
    LCALCA Member Posts: 215
    CChilderhose and za3bour,

CONGRATULATIONS!! icon_thumright.gificon_cheers.gif

za3bour, you got an identical score to mine!

It's really good to see so many new EA's here at TE in 2011......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://sqlsnapshots.blogspot.com/ - My SQL Server exam resources blog
  • Options
    CChilderhoseCChilderhose Member Posts: 137
    I'm so tired both mentally and physically but hell yea I passed :D

775, that was one hell of an exam. details later it's 9:26 PM now I finished work at 5 then headed to the test center which is like 30 minutes away took the exam and I'm home finally.

A lot of details later tomorrow, finally MCITP-EA it took me around 10 months to do it (well I spent 2 months moving/settling which really can't count).

I just need to sleep now, gotta walk up at 5:30 thanks every one for your support and for this great site which is a major role of why I'm passing.(Y)

Congrats man. We both nailed it the same day. Mine only had 42 questions and not testlets. Looks like they have gotten rid of them.

Look forward to your thoughts after rest.
    VCAP-DCA, VCP 55
    MCITP: EA, VA, SA
    VCAP-DCD, VCP6 -- COMING SOON
  • Options
    ZentraediZentraedi Member Posts: 150
    Congrats to both of you!

Anyway, CChilderhose, I noticed that you already have MCTS: Windows 2008 R2, Server Virtualization (70-659). That's one cert I really want to go for. Would you recommend getting that before or after 70-646/647? Any of that material apply to the 646 or 647?
    Current Study Track
    EMCCA, EMCCAe, EMCCE, VCIX-NV, Puppet Practitioner, ServiceNow
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations to both of you, CChilderhose and za3bour on a well-earned EA. I'll crack open a beer or two for you tonight. I have my encounter with the 647 on the 22nd, coming up thick and fast. I hope I dont need to procrastinate again, have pushed this back three times already.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    LCA wrote: »
    CChilderhose and za3bour,

CONGRATULATIONS!! icon_thumright.gificon_cheers.gif

za3bour, you got an identical score to mine!

It's really good to see so many new EA's here at TE in 2011......

Thanks a lot LCA, well I thought I will really get more but it's a good score icon_cheers.gif and Yes you're right there are so many EA's at this time I think most of us did start working on this on 2010 and finished or about to finish at this time.
  • Options
    Zentraedi wrote: »
    Congrats to both of you!

Anyway, CChilderhose, I noticed that you already have MCTS: Windows 2008 R2, Server Virtualization (70-659). That's one cert I really want to go for. Would you recommend getting that before or after 70-646/647? Any of that material apply to the 646 or 647?

Thank you, I did like 70-659 when I saw it too, I don't know though If I'm gonna have it soon.
  • Options
    Essendon wrote: »
    Congratulations to both of you, CChilderhose and za3bour on a well-earned EA. I'll crack open a beer or two for you tonight. I have my encounter with the 647 on the 22nd, coming up thick and fast. I hope I dont need to procrastinate again, have pushed this back three times already.

Thank you, there were no celebrations yesterday no time really but we will have a big celebration (me, wife and little Jori) tomorrow (Valentine Day) they do deserve a nice dinner they really helped me a lot especially here in Saudi Arabia studying was hard (no time and not used to it yet)

I have pushed this two times as well, I really didn't feel ready and TBH with you I wasn't 100% ready this time but I just couldn't wait more.
  • Options
    Congrats man. We both nailed it the same day. Mine only had 42 questions and not testlets. Looks like they have gotten rid of them.

Look forward to your thoughts after rest.

Congratulations for you too, mine was aslo 42 questions no testlets (or whatever they call it). I was really nervous cause last time I had testlets it was in 70-646 and that exam was so hard the toughest I've done.

It's just that mentally I wasn't really sure what I will have and that's just ugly if it's testlets they can tell us it is that would not be violating anything I guess.

The exam was hard, not the hardest I had though.
  • Options
    Congrats on the EA!
  • Options
    Congrats on the EA!

Thank you, good luck for you too icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    ok few thoughts about the exam, now I think about it I think it was easier than I thought. I didn't get a high score but on the other hand I really didn't dedicate as much time for it as I did for the previous MCITP exams.

The exam was 42 questions, I consumed the whole time allowed which was 1.5 hours. I gotta say I was able to answer a big part of questions from my previous study not from reading books for 647.

I did pretty well in two areas and ok in the other two. My advice to anyone talking this exam is to go back and read previous books (640,642,643) not all of it of course but those that have corss refference with 647.

Some questions were SUPER easy like I was saying to myself what? is this really 647 some had very identical answers. I think typical for MS but I didn't think this will happen in an exam supposed to be the end of a series.

I hate my exam center, I was late because directions in thier site is terrible and google map didn't help much. It's partly my fault though I arrived like 5 minutes before exam time they spent like 20 minutes before they let me start because they had issues with the PC.

After I finished I had to wait 30 minutes before they were able to print the score report because they moved the PC and it doesn't have any printer attached....

I will look for another test center, I already booked my Sec+ there but will change it for sure it was not clean and loud.

If you have the previous material fresh in your mind go ahead and take the exam. that would be my last tip.
  • Options
    marcelsmarcels Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I've been away for a while and I was wondering how everyone was getting on with their 70-647 exams.

It's great to come back an check the forum and see that za3bour and CChilderhose have passed this exam, congrats guys!

Thanks for sharing your experiences with us all, personally it's a great help to me as I seem to be just one exam behind you.

I'm starting to study for this now, I've had a break and am ready to get stuck into it. I hope to do as well as you.
  • Options
    marcels wrote: »
    I've been away for a while and I was wondering how everyone was getting on with their 70-647 exams.

It's great to come back an check the forum and see that za3bour and CChilderhose have passed this exam, congrats guys!

Thanks for sharing your experiences with us all, personally it's a great help to me as I seem to be just one exam behind you.

I'm starting to study for this now, I've had a break and am ready to get stuck into it. I hope to do as well as you.

Good luck for you, I'm sure you will nail it
  • Options
    I already have the voucher for this test so decided to check where I'm moving to. 2 locations in the nearest city to where I'll live and they are almost booked solid for March. I went ahead and booked it for the 29th (the only date open besides during the first week of March) and the only open times were the afternoon.
    Plenty of time for more studying.
  • Options
    I already have the voucher for this test so decided to check where I'm moving to. 2 locations in the nearest city to where I'll live and they are almost booked solid for March. I went ahead and booked it for the 29th (the only date open besides during the first week of March) and the only open times were the afternoon.
    Plenty of time for more studying.

Cool it seems you do have some good time, Good luck