Options

CISSP in San Francisco today

Comments

• Options
    IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    Still nothing! Totally my luck! They've probably lost my test or it's stuck in the scantron reader's gears or something. ;)
    If I pass, then I'm only going to be an Associate of ISC2 for a couple more months and if I didn't pass, I'm not going to be able to pick up a CISSP book for another 6 months. Either way, I'm not going to be an official CISSP for awhile.
    Checking my email every time my phone dings has become compulsive for me at this point. I won't be crushed if I fail: I just want to know so I can chill out and stop being anxious about waiting.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • Options
    chuck8773chuck8773 Registered Users Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    It gets hard to wait this long when one hears about reports of people getting their results in just a few weeks. Monday will be 5 weeks for me. My email client is getting annoyed with me.
  • Options
    ejg398ejg398 Member Posts: 57 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Still nothing! Totally my luck! They've probably lost my test or it's stuck in the scantron reader's gears or something. ;)
    If I pass, then I'm only going to be an Associate of ISC2 for a couple more months and if I didn't pass, I'm not going to be able to pick up a CISSP book for another 6 months. Either way, I'm not going to be an official CISSP for awhile.
    Checking my email every time my phone dings has become compulsive for me at this point. I won't be crushed if I fail: I just want to know so I can chill out and stop being anxious about waiting.

My wife saw how stressed I have been she went out and bought me some supplements called Pharma GABA, supposed to stress relief and promote mental relaxation. She can tell when my brain is racing when I start thinking about the exam, she makes me chew a couple tablets! Haha.
  • Options
    I took a ISC2 training class with a bunch of people who took the test a day AFTER I took it in the same city. They all got their results on Monday. I don't think I really cared or stressed about it before that but that's when I started getting anxiety about the wait.

Oh well... Fail or not, at least I won't ever have to wait for results again thanks to the CBT!
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
  • Options
    Random note: I just got an email response from ISC2 in regards to an email I sent about exam results earlier this week. The lady who responded told me that I can contact them if I haven't received my exam results after 8 weeks.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
  • Options
    TBRAYSTBRAYS Member Posts: 267
    Random note: I just got an email response from ISC2 in regards to an email I sent about exam results earlier this week. The lady who responded told me that I can contact them if I haven't received my exam results after 8 weeks.

Wow thats crazy!
    Bachelors of Science in Technical Management - Devry University
    Masters of Information Systems Management with Enterprise Information Security - Walden University
    Masters of Science in Information Assurance - Western Governors University
    Masters of Science Cyber Security/Digital Forensics - University of South Florida
  • Options
    Wow! Speechless. This certainly motivates people to want to pass on the first attempt. I would hate to wait again.In regards to the CBT, have they indicated that results would be faster in that model? What about the psychological analysis they have said they put the results through?
  • Options
    dmoore44dmoore44 Member Posts: 646
    I agree - knowing that I had to wait 4-6 weeks was plenty of motivation to make sure I was properly prepared for this test.

Good luck Iris - here's hoping for the best!
    Graduated Carnegie Mellon University MSIT: Information Security & Assurance Currently Reading Books on TensorFlow
  • Options
    emerald_octaneemerald_octane Member Posts: 613
    That seals it. 5 weeks and no answer? As mentioned before, ISC2 is probably still foaming at the mouth from getting the first ever 110% score. No other logical explination.
  • Options
    spicy ahispicy ahi Member Posts: 413 ■■□□□□□□□□
    If you ever head to southern California, look me up, Spicy. I wouldn't mind nerding out.

I'll keep that in mind next time I'm in town. Usually alternate between LA, LV and Hawaii for family reunions. Good thing too cause I really need to get my Fry's fix.

Also, no results yet? Ack, you have my luck. I feel your pain. Keep your chin up!
    Spicy :cool: Mentor the future! Be a CyberPatriot!
  • Options
    I'm just going to wait until next Saturday (my six week point) and if I don't hear anything by then, I'm calling them up and letting them see my Irish side ;) Since they're still within their SLA so even though I wanted my results yesterday, there isn't anything I can do. If they go over the 6 week point, that's a different story. If they go past their SLA, I'm asking for a discount.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
  • Options
    thamentorthamentor Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey Iris - I also took the CISSP in SF on May 5 and still have not received my results either. This thread has been keeping me sane -- so thanks for that! Thought I'd chime in to let you know that maybe none of us from SF have gotten results yet?

Anyway, here comes week 6!
  • Options
    At least we only ideally have a week left of waiting! Fingers crossed that we get good news before the weekend!

How fast did you finish your exam? I was out of there by 12:30.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
  • Options
    thamentorthamentor Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Mine took longer - I think it was close to 1:30 by the time I walked out of the room.
  • Options
    I was have sinus issues that day so after I finished the exam, I wanted OUT of there. How do you feel about how you did?
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
  • Options
    holysheetmanholysheetman Member Posts: 113 ■■■□□□□□□□
    we started at 9:18am, I finished right around 1:40pm...

But seriously, we had these 2 cisco guys in our bootcamp, one of them sat next to me during the exam... and no ****, he got up took his papers up to the proctor to turn in at 11:30am.... I really couldn't believe it!!! I thought he was simply going to the bathroom, but nope! He was DONE! I looked down at my paper, I was on #96! lol
  • Options
    Yep, that's how I always am. I never sat longer than an hour for an exam (before the CISSP). I read and process questions fairly quickly but the CISSP is something different altogether.

Oh... still waiting btw. ISC2 sure likes to build the suspense
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
  • Options
    ejg398ejg398 Member Posts: 57 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yep, that's how I always am. I never sat longer than an hour for an exam (before the CISSP). I read and process questions fairly quickly but the CISSP is something different altogether.

Oh... still waiting btw. ISC2 sure likes to build the suspense

Agreed! I took mine on 5/13 so lets see how long after I have to wait also. On a side note a friend of mine took it 5/12 here in Orlando, he mentioned that one of the proctors was telling him that the scoring office was actually right down the street and only takes them about 5 minutes to scan all of the test. What takes 4 to 6 weeks is analyzing them. Not sure exactly what it is they need to analyze but!
  • Options
    Fingers crossed for you! Hopefully we both get incredibly good news this week!

Edit: As of this morning, still no news. 4 days until my official 6 week date. They really are dragging this out.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
  • Options
    signal_16signal_16 Registered Users Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I really hope you hear something soon. I took mine on 5/14 so I havent been waiting quite as long as you but it is definately killing me to know. It seems as though ISC2 is in a bit of a backlog with results right now (not quoting, just guessing). Good luck.
  • Options
    Small update: I'm about 2 business days away from my six week date. I called ISC2 to ask them what steps they would take to get my results expedited if they go over their provided SLA and they were like "Well... 6 weeks is just a general number. You would just have to keep waiting. You'll get them eventually." I was pretty upset and am now waiting for a supervisor to call me back.

I understand them not doing anything if they are within their SLA (which I admit they are for the next 2 days), but if they go over the provided time, I think they should be investigating it to at least let me know why there's a hold up or if something happened to our test results. Even if they were like "Hey, we looked into it and the exams your location are being audited which should take an additional 2-3 weeks" would be cool because someone actually looked into it.

I don't know if I'm overreacting or not but I'm tired of jumping every time my phone dings that I've received an email and the only peace of mind that I had was the perception that I only had 2 more business days tops of waiting. Being told that I might be waiting indefinitely without cause or excuse was a slap in the face. Keep your fingers crossed for me, guys

Edit: I know that a lot of people have gone through this. I hope I'm not annoying anyone by complaining. I feel like this is the only place I can vent about certification issues since most of my friends/family aren't techies and have no idea what I'm so anxious about.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
  • Options
    Well you are not alone. Monday will be my 6 week mark and I am really hoping that I hear by then. If I don't, I won't have any expectation about when I could see my results."You'll get them eventually", is little consolation. I am finding a false sense of confidence in the thought that if I failed, they would have let me know by now. Crossing my fingers for both of us.
  • Options
    nomadicallynomadically Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Edit: I know that a lot of people have gone through this. I hope I'm not annoying anyone by complaining. I feel like this is the only place I can vent about certification issues since most of my friends/family aren't techies and have no idea what I'm so anxious about.

You're not. I'd be going crazy in the same situation. Everyone in my class has their results except me!! What's up with that?! And for them being unable to describe some general plan on what happens after the 6 week mark is very unprofessional. It's not like it's never happened before, I'm sure.

Watching these boards makes me feel like I'm watching WWII bombers coming back from a mission. You count all the planes you know went out (people taking the exam) and you wait for them all to come back (people reporting test results). Hopefully the whole squadron makes it back. (Not that the comparision is in anyway equal in the slightess, but waiting is still very stressful.)
  • Options
    kalkan999kalkan999 Member Posts: 269 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yea, I had the same problem venting to my wife and the rest of my family. To her credit. my wife did know how hard I worked and studied, as I had to put our newlywed status in a holding pattern for about three months. I also flew to Costa Rica to study for and take this test without her, which happened to coincide with our First wedding anniversary! I took the test on my 42nd Birthday, so getting the results same day was the best birthday present I ever had, EVER!
    We have no kids, unless you count a 10 month old Beagle Puppy named Charlie, so I only neglected him and the wife. icon_sad.gif
    If you follow the pattern I did, you pass any extra time you have waiting and wondering by going 'back in time' reading back to the 2009-2010 days and see that you are not, in fact, going INSANE, because just about everyone else who had to wait. Towards the end, we all get to the point where we are less and less concerned about passing, and we just wanted an answer, as even a failing grade is better than this torture.

Don't fret too much if you don't pass, as it is NOT a sign of your abilities, or lack thereof. I personally don't think you failed, as I follow you closely and I read other posts from those who passed first time. You sound like a first time passer. And if you didn't pass, I am sure it's within a few points, just like me. :) It is unfortunate that if you don't pass that your new responsibilities will mean that you have to wait. InfoSec will let you resit one of their boot camps for up to a year. Additionally, INFOSEC gave me access to their video boot camp, where they taped an entire week of boot camp classes, and THAT helped a lot, as I watched it for two days in a hotel room in San Jose prior to the test.

I leave you on this note....Fret away, we will all listen. Also, I received my results 5 weeks and 4 days later on a Thursday Afternoon at 448 PM, right as the ISC2 guys are about to walk out the door and call it a day. PLEASE let us know how you did. And if it is an email that provides your score and it's close, then pay the extra $50 to get the manual recount, as it added 10 points to my final score, so I still failed, BUT...
  • Options
    SecurityGuy856SecurityGuy856 Registered Users Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I fell bad even complaining seeing what Irish is going through I am still 6 days away from my 4 week mark - I am really hoping I dont have to wait another 3 weeks - I am hoping for all our sake that the result will be worth the wait...
  • Options
    I'll definitely pay for a rescore if it's within 10 points. I know you know my anxiety, Kalkan. You went through this two times before (I have no idea how you are still sane after that). I don't even care if it takes a little longer as long as they tell me why it's going to exceed their SLA and how much longer it should be before I start banging on their door again.

It would definitely suck if I expended all this energy and anxiety for a fail grade, but there's nothing I can do about it except ask for a recount and cross my fingers.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
  • Options
    kalkan999kalkan999 Member Posts: 269 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You're not. I'd be going crazy in the same situation. Everyone in my class has their results except me!! What's up with that?! And for them being unable to describe some general plan on what happens after the 6 week mark is very unprofessional. It's not like it's never happened before, I'm sure.

Watching these boards makes me feel like I'm watching WWII bombers coming back from a mission. You count all the planes you know went out (people taking the exam) and you wait for them all to come back (people reporting test results). Hopefully the whole squadron makes it back. (Not that the comparision is in anyway equal in the slightess, but waiting is still very stressful.)

LOVE that Analogy, Nomadically! But then I am an airplane nut and pilot, so I am a bit biased. I also cannot make such analogies, as my wife is a German National and her great uncle was the Luftwaffe's most famous Stuka Pilot, and would be a national hero if the Germans didn't deny that 1933-1945 didn't exist at all. :)
  • Options
    spicy ahispicy ahi Member Posts: 413 ■■□□□□□□□□
    @Iris - no worries. I enjoy hearing all the complaints and frustration. It's like a badge of honor for the CISSP. Of course, with the move to CBT's, the next waves of CISSP takers won't have the same "joy" we had waiting for the results so it'll be a good archive for them to realize how good they have it.
    Spicy :cool: Mentor the future! Be a CyberPatriot!
  • Options
    We'll still get a few that will get audited. They'll come on here confused as to why they didn't get immediate results on the CBT and we'll have to break the bad news to them

Edit: Just got an email from ISC2 anddddd... it was an advertisement. So. Much. Hate.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
  • Options
    Nice. You had me going for a second.