WGU trying to finish in 1 term - KET1 Java questions

13»

Comments

• swildswild Member Posts: 828
    I got Head First Java first, based on many recommendations on this forum, but the style really didn't work for me. See if you can find a physical copy of one of the books in the Head First series to take a look at before purchasing. Java for Programmers was the perfect book for me.
  • xocityxocity Member Posts: 230
    Took a peek at both books, Java for Programmers seems good for me. Just ordered it from Amazon, are there specific topics that I should be looking at before I start the course? Im pretty sure the entire book isn't in the course. Thanks for your help
  • NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Member Posts: 1,460 ■■■■■■■■□□
    If you haven't coded before just start with data types, loops, functions, classes, ect. Those are concepts that you can carry over into most other languages.
    When you go the extra mile, there's no traffic.
  • BundimanBundiman Member Posts: 201
    redline5th did you get it finished in time?
    Bachelor of Science, IT - Security Emphasis (Start Date: Apr 1st, 2013)
    Bachelor of Science, IT - Security Emphasis (Completed: Apr 25t, 2014)
  • bub9001bub9001 Member Posts: 229 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I used Java for Programmers 2nd edition by Deitel, and found it helpful. But I prefer to get into the task and just mess up and learn that way. Any book about programing will put me to sleep in about 10 minutes. But I have used Java for Programmers to dig out of a hole or two the last few months.

I do wish I like to code, it does pay well from what I have seen. I really only like the troubleshooting aspect of programing.

Welcome xocity to WGU by the way.
    “You were born to win, but to be a winner you must plan to win, prepare to win, and expect to win.” - Zig Ziglar

Goals for 2019: CEH, and CND
    Goals for 2019: CCNA or ECSA