What are you getting your wife (or significant other) for Christmas?

dmoore44dmoore44 Member Posts: 646
Since this is the O/T forum, and it's that time of year, I was wondering what others are getting their wives (or significant other) for Christmas...

To start things off, I'm planning to get mine a few items off of Etsy, as well as a few CDs and books. I figure there will be a good amount of practical and amusing in my gift selection.
Graduated Carnegie Mellon University MSIT: Information Security & Assurance Currently Reading Books on TensorFlow

Comments

• Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    I considered a Nexus7, but she wouldn't know what it was. I think she would love it, and find plenty of uses for it, and it would be a great gift, but.... takes away from that wow factor when she unwraps it and then stares at it not knowing what she just got
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Ha @ Mike-Mike. I was thinking of the Nexus 10, myself - either that or the Ipad 4.
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]
  • QHaloQHalo Member Posts: 1,488
    Her Troy Palomalu jersey she's been complaining about forever :P
  • drefoq80drefoq80 Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I want to get her a galaxy tab 2.. she would like the ipad but I dont have that kind of cheddar, so she is willing to work with me on that, plus it would be pretty close to that s2 she has been loving the last year.
  • pumbaa_gpumbaa_g Member Posts: 353
    A vacation....
    [h=1]“An expert is one who knows more and more about less and less until he knows absolutely everything about nothing.” [/h]
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    iPhone 5 most likely
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    90 minute massage and a Keurig.
    Psoasman wrote: »
    Keurig.

my Keurig is one of my most prized possessions
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
    Anyone have a Kindle Paperwhite? I got my wife a Kindle awhile back, and I've already got the Fire for my son... maybe wifey would like the Paperwhite as a Kindle upgrade...
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Christmas came early this year for us. She just took delivery of a brand new 2013 Honda Accord. Since we live in Chicago the logical present would be all-weather mats icon_smile.gif
  • stlsmoorestlsmoore Member Posts: 515 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Some type of tablet, some shoes she wants, and few other random items.
    My Cisco Blog Adventure: http://shawnmoorecisco.blogspot.com/

Don't Forget to Add me on LinkedIn!
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/shawnrmoore
  • prtechprtech Member Posts: 163
    An iPad mini.
    If at first you do succeed, try something harder.
  • Legacy UserLegacy User Unregistered / Not Logged In Posts: 0 ■□□□□□□□□□
    A factory refurb nikon d5100 with 18-55, 55-200mm lens, 3 yr mack warranty, case and crap load of accessories. For everything came out less then buying only the camera and lens new. A build a bear that has some sort of likeness of me since she keeps asking for a teddy that looks like me for when I'm not around.
  • TackleTackle Member Posts: 534
    She wants something with a diamond that goes on her finger...but now is not the correct time.

Anything I get her instead of that is going to be a dissapointment. icon_sad.gif
    Talk about the pressure... We had the talk but we decided to wait until she graduates and starts working as a teacher. Thank god I'm not given the ultimatum yet.
  • MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'd really like to get my wife a Nikon D90 - but cannot seem to find one for under $800.

On the other hand I'm getting her some charms for her bracelet.
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
  • tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    We are fans of The Walking Dead so I am getting her some shirts one of them is "Dixon Crossbows", the other is some zombie pic from the show. I am looking for something unique from one of the Tim Burton movies like Nightmare Before Christmas.

We don't do the big gift exchange anymore since if we want something we just get it ourselves during the year.

I got a 10 dollar off coupon from ThinkGeek and I asked for the life size Portal Gun they got back in stock.
    I seen the d90 for 499 if your looking for factory refurb just the body at cameta .com . The factory refurb I got was flawless not a scratch or smudge mark looks brand new. I'm happy with my purchase.
  • xocityxocity Member Posts: 230
    Forever alone lol
  • IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    Probably video games. She's more hardcore than I am when it comes to gaming. <3
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • neocybeneocybe Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    about to close on a house so off the hook this year
  • RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    She wants "To be romanced"
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    dmarcisco wrote: »
    What games?

Probably Borderlands 2, Assassin's Creed 3, the PS Vita Assassin's Creed bundle, and the new Resident Evil
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • prtechprtech Member Posts: 163
    MAC_Addy wrote: »
    I'd really like to get my wife a Nikon D90 - but cannot seem to find one for under $800.

On the other hand I'm getting her some charms for her bracelet.
    Get a D7000 instead. It's much better than the D90 and I've seen them for around 800 with a lens.
    If at first you do succeed, try something harder.
    Oh the resident evil I give respect to anyone who likes to play that game. I get to jumpy when playing it then I turn it off.
  • TackleTackle Member Posts: 534
    dmarcisco wrote: »
    Talk about the pressure... We had the talk but we decided to wait until she graduates and starts working as a teacher. Thank god I'm not given the ultimatum yet.

I keep telling her I'm willing to take a weekend trip to Vegas, then have a reception a couple months later. Cannot afford a decent wedding at the moment.
  • ClaymooreClaymoore Member Posts: 1,637
    Roguetadhg wrote: »
    She wants "To be romanced"

Is that available for Xbox or PS3?

A copy of Office 2010 for the Win8 laptop I rebuilt for her to use for work, but she already knows about that. That's a hazard of having multiple Amazon deliveries a week. What she doesn't know about are the tickets I got her for the Pink concert in February. She's a big fan of Pink and has never seen her live so that gift should be a winner.

I have already bought myself Borderlands 2, will probably get the 3D version of Avatar to go with the new 3D TV I bought as a pre Black Friday deal. Big gift will probably be one of the keyboard covers for my new Surface or a new Rays jersey (since I can't wear my Upton jersey any more). Most of our Christmas budget goes to our son.
    The concept of 3D tv is cool I have one but after 20 minutes I have the biggest headache. I played killzone on 3d with ps3 move and wanted to vomit after playing for a few minutes. No 3D for me.
    Is she going to contribute to the wedding? Doesn't she understand that currently paying for the wedding is not within your means? How about having an extended engagement and hold off the wedding for two years or whatever so you both can save for it.