What are you getting your wife (or significant other) for Christmas?

Comments

• RTmarcRTmarc Member Posts: 1,082 ■■■□□□□□□□
    My wife is getting (or already received) an insanely expensive KitchenAid stand mixer, a sewing machine, an iPhone 5, a gold locket, and she's indirectly getting a Daniel Defense DDM4v3 AR. I get to play with that rifle until the one I ordered comes in sometime in May and then the DD goes to her.
  • Legacy UserLegacy User Unregistered / Not Logged In Posts: 0 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thats pretty impressive thats equivalent to the rapper that makes it rain in a club.
  • paulgswansonpaulgswanson Member Posts: 311
    I'm getting her an Android docking hub with speakers and a few foutain pens with a bullet-proof[ink rating] ink vials
    http://paulswansonblog.wordpress.com/
    WGU Progress: B.S. Network Management & Design <- I quit (got bored)
  • FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I am getting my girlfriend this wen hair care product that she wanted and also some clothes she asked for.
  • tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    dmarcisco wrote: »
    The concept of 3D tv is cool I have one but after 20 minutes I have the biggest headache. I played killzone on 3d with ps3 move and wanted to vomit after playing for a few minutes. No 3D for me.

I get the same way with my tv. I didn't buy the plasma tv for 3d it just came with the higher end tvs. I read if you have bad astigmatism 3D doesn't work right which I can't even see 3D properly it just makes me sick.
  • nerdydadnerdydad Member Posts: 261
    My wife, the definition of a Luddite, actually asked for a Kindle Fire, so yeah, I'm gonna get her the Kindle Fire.
  • f0rgiv3nf0rgiv3n Member Posts: 598 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm getting my wife a Duracell powermat and iphone case for the powermat. No more fumbling around in the dark trying to plug in the phone... and we're going to do a glass blowing class :D
  • demonfurbiedemonfurbie Member Posts: 1,819 ■■■■■□□□□□
    sniper training ... dont ask
    wgu undergrad: done ... woot!!
    WGU MS IT Management: done ... double woot :cheers:
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Come on you can't leave us hanging on that one!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    RTmarc wrote: »
    My wife is getting (or already received) an insanely expensive KitchenAid stand mixer, a sewing machine, an iPhone 5, a gold locket, and she's indirectly getting a Daniel Defense DDM4v3 AR. I get to play with that rifle until the one I ordered comes in sometime in May and then the DD goes to her.

The Daniel Defense is something she can use the others are just toys. I got my wife an M&P Sheild for CCW and she actually wanted it. I stocked up on a plethora of of ammo for my christmas.
    Come on you can't leave us hanging on that one!

she wants to be able to hunt large game from more than a mile ... something about walking longways in the woods
  • ResevenReseven Member Posts: 237 ■■■□□□□□□□
    TF300 and some Avengers stuff. Oh, some Hobbit stuff too.

She's pretty geeky, probably worse than me.
    Pain Gauge - my electro-industrial music project
  • RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    So... what type of rifle you getting her?
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

she likes 308, i prefer 12 gauge
  • wes allenwes allen Member Posts: 540 ■■■■■□□□□□

Hard to go wrong with a national match M1A. I know my wife would be super psyched to find one of those under the tree, though I don't know if she would share. As she says, "most of the the stuff we have is ours, my Kimber is Mine."
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■

Umm, did you just get life insurance? If you did, I would be watching your surroundings carefully... icon_eek.gif

On an unrelated note, my wife likes shooting my AR :)

I cannot mention what I bought my wife since she is always curious about what I'm doing on TE. I think she gets a kick out of watching me chat about things she can't decipher.

I hope she is going to use something more powerful than a 308 to try and hit anything from a mile or more. You may want to step that up to a 338 lapua. My 300 winmag would have a heck of a time getting a decent shot out to a mile.
    I hope she is going to use something more powerful than a 308 to try and hit anything from a mile or more. You may want to step that up to a 338 lapua. My 300 winmag would have a heck of a time getting a decent shot out to a mile.

i tell her this but she doesnt listen, id say a barrett but at 4k a gun and 12 a shot, ill send her to the school with 308 and let them tell her
    i tell her this but she doesnt listen, id say a barrett but at 4k a gun and 12 a shot, ill send her to the school with 308 and let them tell her

LOL that is good stuff. Hey even if she can get something at 800-1000 with a 308 that is still far enough that it won't know your there. Then you just need the 4 wheeler to pick it up.
  • gunbunnysouljagunbunnysoulja Member Posts: 353
    Tackle wrote: »
    She wants something with a diamond that goes on her finger...but now is not the correct time.

Anything I get her instead of that is going to be a dissapointment. icon_sad.gif

If she's the one, it's always the right time. Unless of course if she's holding out for a $15K Tiffany's platinum ring.
    WGU BSITStart Date: July 1, 2013
    In Progress: CJV1 (4 CU)
    Transfered: WFV1, TJP1, CLC1, INC1, INT1, EUP1, EUC1, BVC1, GAC1, DHV1, DIV1, CWV1, CRV1, DEV1, CTV1, DJV1, IWC1, IWT1, CVV1, RIT1, CIC1, CJC1, TBP1, TCP1, EAV1, EBV1, TJC1, AGC1 (82 CU)
    Completed: MGC1, TPV1, CUV1 (14 CU)
    Remaining: BOV1, BNC1, TXP1, TXC1, TYP1, TPC1, SBT1, QZT1 (22 CU)

• RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Goto Kmart, pickup a $50 dollar ring.

It's what I did! :D
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

Tackle wrote: »
    I keep telling her I'm willing to take a weekend trip to Vegas, then have a reception a couple months later. Cannot afford a decent wedding at the moment.

You can certainly still get engaged without having the wedding immediately. I waited 16 months for mine, and to be honest, it was great having that much time to plan every little detail together. You can save a ton of money this way, instead of going to one of those places that has pre-packaged wedding plans (which is lame in my opinion as all the weddings are the same).
    Transfered: WFV1, TJP1, CLC1, INC1, INT1, EUP1, EUC1, BVC1, GAC1, DHV1, DIV1, CWV1, CRV1, DEV1, CTV1, DJV1, IWC1, IWT1, CVV1, RIT1, CIC1, CJC1, TBP1, TCP1, EAV1, EBV1, TJC1, AGC1 (82 CU)

• RTmarcRTmarc Member Posts: 1,082 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The Daniel Defense is something she can use the others are just toys. I got my wife an M&P Sheild for CCW and she actually wanted it. I stocked up on a plethora of of ammo for my christmas.
    My wife carries a Ruger LCR in purse almost everywhere she goes. Nothing like someone trying to get in the car with you to motivate a lady to want a gun. I ordered a LaRue OBR which won't be ready until sometime in May. At least she's letting me play with the DD until then.
    Since we have our first child, who is almost 7 months old, Christmas will be revolving around her so no big gifts for each other this year.

We do a Secret Santa with her brother and parents, which is a new very fun tradition.

RTmarc wrote: »
    My wife carries a Ruger LCR in purse almost everywhere she goes. Nothing like someone trying to get in the car with you to motivate a lady to want a gun. I ordered a LaRue OBR which won't be ready until sometime in May. At least she's letting me play with the DD until then.

A Larue would be nice but a little out of my price range. I have a rock river arms elite comp right now. I wan't a piston driven system for my next AR but thats down the road alittle.
  • Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    My wife is cleaning up good this year. I don't even want to think about how much money I've spent..should be fun though!!
  • dave330idave330i Member Posts: 2,091 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Wife buys whatever she wants and I pay the credit card bill. Makes it easy for both of us.
    2018 Certification Goals: Maybe VMware Sales Cert
    "Simplify, then add lightness" -Colin Chapman
  • DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    She gets a new dish cloth, and if shes been really good some washing up liquid to go with it.
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    DevilWAH wrote: »
    She gets a new dish cloth, and if shes been really good some washing up liquid to go with it.

Well played sir. You have now verified she does not read this forum :)
  • kgbkgb Member Posts: 380
    Wife used to clean up at Christmas, but since our little bundle of joy it's not the same anymore :)

She wanted a Jewelry Amoire (or whatever you call it). I don't get it...but she doesn't get why I need more than a $500 PC either... :)

All the other $ is going to the little misses. When she was almost 1, it wasn't as exciting as she really doesn't know what is going on. She's almost 2 now, so it should be exciting. I'm really looking forward to next year when she really starts understanding what Christmas is:)
    Bachelor of Science, Information Technology (Software) - WGU