Options

The Journey Resumes

12346»

Comments

• Options
    carterw65carterw65 Member Posts: 318 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I read this on another post:

"Switch A's gi5/20 port is configured to be in VLAN 106 as an access port. Does this mean that the for this port, this is considered this ports Native Vlan?
    Yes, essentially that's true."

Is this really the case? I will have to try and duplicated this later after work. I am going to put vlan 146 on the distant end switch and see if the error goes away. I really need to understand what is going on.icon_scratch.gif
  • Options
    So I configured the other end with vlan 146 and indeed the vlan mismatch was solved. I hadn't run across this before as I always configured both ends.
  • Options
    I had a bunch of trouble with the lab the past bit. I thought my hard drive was failing, but I think I narrowed it down to Raid. I am only running one HHD and the Z800 uses a software raid controller that Vmware doesn't recognize. Once I concluded this may be a problem, I went into the bios and sure enough, raid was turned on. I disabled it and loaded Ubuntu on it just to test it.

Ubuntu loaded just fine, so I went about setting up ESXi 5.5 again. Last night I finally got it all rebuilt and was able to do some labbing again. MST was on the list and it went very well.
  • Options
    Well, it has been a bit since my last post. What that doesn't mean is I quit studying. Granted, I haven't been as diligent as I should be though. I finished all of INE's switching advanced technology labs. I am finished up policy routing last night and will start GRE tunneling tonight.

My study tactic has changed. Instead of reading, watching videos, and then doing labs, I have changed it to doing labs, researching what I get stuck on using the books and videos and try not to look at the answers. Once I get through the lab this way, I go back and read about the subject further to solidify the lab. One topic at a time right now and trying to learn it in depth. This method has proved to take a little longer, but I am getting much more out of it and truly learning the technology inside and out.

I have tried the "read the reading list cover to cover" method and it isn't working for me. I also tried doing marathon video watching and that isn't working either. What I need to do now is to solidify my study plan and create a solid, written plan using the expanded blueprint.