Options

Motivation - Worlds First 7 x CCIE

2»

Comments

• Options
    Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I bought the INE workbooks and added a bunch of material to my Safari Books shelf, but the problem is lab time. INE is booked solid for like a month out and it's not like I have a spare UCS and Nexus 5K/2K lying around at work.

Hopefully you can get your hands on VIRL when it comes out, then you'll be set!
  • Options
    powmiapowmia Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 322
    theodoxa wrote: »
    I thought I read that there was only ONE CCIE DC in the entire world, mainly because the lab equipment costs over 1 MILLION DOLLARS, hence its nickname "The Million Dollar CCIE". Was that this guy or is he the second?

» CCIE Data Center Hardware Cost Estimate Fryguy's Blog

One of our Cisco SEs got his CCIE DC two months ago. There are a few of them out there. A full blown mock up might cost that much, but rack rentals don't... and Cisco employees have access to a number of labs that are primarily used for validating customer solutions. They all contain the required gear for a CCIE DC.
  • Options
    QHaloQHalo Member Posts: 1,488
    I bought the INE workbooks and added a bunch of material to my Safari Books shelf, but the problem is lab time. INE is booked solid for like a month out and it's not like I have a spare UCS and Nexus 5K/2K lying around at work.

They're supposed to be expanding it but considering when I read what they had to do to get it all configured that its quite a bit of time involved.
  • Options
    atorvenatorven Member Posts: 319
    How do people retain CCIE level knowledge across multiple tracks? Also, how does the CCIE recertification work exactly, pass any written and your recertified for all the other tracks?
  • Options
    Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    atorven wrote: »
    How do people retain CCIE level knowledge across multiple tracks? Also, how does the CCIE recertification work exactly, pass any written and your recertified for all the other tracks?

The simple answer is: they don't! CCIE's are human, and if they got their R&S CCIE 10 years ago, and now have 4 CCIEs, the bottom line is if they're not using their R&S skills, they're losing them.

With the CCIE any written CCIE exam recerts all your tracks.
  • Options
    QHaloQHalo Member Posts: 1,488
    atorven wrote: »

Teach multiple tracks. That's about the only way I can see slowing down knowledge drain.
  • Options
    theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    aaron0011 wrote: »
    Also, I wonder if this guy stays up to date on all the tracks or just finishes one and moves onto the next when it's time to recertify. A CCIE Voice from 2006 learned on CM 4 won't do you much good if your not using the product and staying current. Think this guy could design a multi-cluster CUCM environment on 9.1 with globalized dial plan integrated with Unity Connection, Presence, UCCE without having to do a ton of learning and prepwork? I doubt it.

Someone like this is probably already studying for his next CCIE. The only thing left I would think is Collaboration once it goes live. That will get him back up to date on Voice.
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]
  • Options
    JayPanJayPan Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Seriously? This is beyond freaky! It may not help his career but wow... If I ever go for a CCIE it will be only 1 or two at the most.
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • Options
    sj4088sj4088 Member Posts: 114 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It look like he is a 8X CCIE now.