Options

CISA Exam - December 2013

1235»

Comments

• Options
    acidstormacidstorm Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    That's the right attitude to have! All the best on your re-write. Hopefully you'll pass!

Thanks for your well wishes dude.
  • Options
    QualitQualit Member Posts: 11 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Well, its fine the candidates have gotten the CISA Exam results. Thanks to ISACA for keeping the promise. Some can now plan for certification or a retake; the journey may be long and winding but with patience happiness is our destiny.
  • Options
    rasputineguyrasputineguy Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats to all my fellow candidates who passed CISA exam. I didnt made it this time, i got 437.. missed by 13. Feeling very heavy to study again for 6 months because of just 13 marks.. icon_cry.gif..Maybe in second attempt i might clear.
  • Options
    AnthonyFAnthonyF Member Posts: 109
    I guess I am a bit late to this party but I passed as well. Top 20% CISA score.

Congrats to those who passed and don't give up to those that did not.
  • Options
    Grief_IndoorGrief_Indoor Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    quick question: on an average, how many take the CISA exam every june, september, and december?
  • Options
    RKALRKAL Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The CRISC and CGEIT exams results should also be out by Jan 27 as per the timeline followed by ISACA for June 2013 exams. Good luck to all who took these exams.
  • Options
    lysjelysje Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    1 more week to go then..Let's hope we get an early surprise this friday, then we won't have to wait a complete weekend (again) for the results ! Good luck to all still waiting for CGEIT & CRISC result!
  • Options
    coolcat55coolcat55 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    It seems I also passed the CISM exam, although I expected this I am still very happy with my results icon_smile.gif

CISM Pre-Certification
    Summary

Certification Status:

Not Certified - Exam Result: Pass (Dec 2013)

Overall Score:

Apply for Certification

Last Date to Apply:

31 Dec 2018

Recent Exam Detail (CISM,14
    Dec 2013)

Job Practice Area

Scaled Score

Information Security Governance

Information Risk Management and
    Compliance

Information Security Program Development and
    Management

Information Security Incident Management

• Options
    Lili37Lili37 Member Posts: 13 ■■■□□□□□□□
    icon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gif YES! I passed the test. VERY, VERY HAPPY. For those who didn't pass, do NOT give up. It took a couple of tries for me to pass but at the end, it all worked out.

Congratulations to those who passed.
  • Options
    cl97405cl97405 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    okp wrote: »
    Compared to CISSP, CISA is really an easy exam.

That obviously depends on one's background, because I found the CISSP much easier. I only studied for a couple of weeks, and although I'll never know my score, I needed only half the time to finish and the outcome was never in doubt.

I studied 7-8 weeks for the CISA exam, and although I got a good score I'm certain I didn't do as well as on the CISSP. There were only two other people in the room when I finished with only 20 minutes to spare, and I was nervous about the outcome until I finally got the results.
  • Options
    SamooSamoo Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    PASSED CISA, Score 462 icon_cheers.gif, Congratulations for all passed and good luck next time for failed,
  • Options
    driobadrioba Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i real dont understand how this exam was tested , was it for an IT auditor really or security person , i scored poorly ever in ma life , i want to reseat the exam in june , but then i ask myself will the june exam be somehow understandable , the vagueness and obsecureness of dec exam will still be same , my pals i want as many advice as possible on how to read fotr this exam , coz the CRM has no correlation with the Dec exam , please advice i gonna give it last try
  • Options
    SamooSamoo Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    drioba wrote: »
    i real dont understand how this exam was tested , was it for an IT auditor really or security person , i scored poorly ever in ma life , i want to reseat the exam in june , but then i ask myself will the june exam be somehow understandable , the vagueness and obsecureness of dec exam will still be same , my pals i want as many advice as possible on how to read fotr this exam , coz the CRM has no correlation with the Dec exam , please advice i gonna give it last try

I passed from first attempt , However I cannot say that the exam was easy, yes it is tricky, bu I recommend you to study from ISACA manual and questions database, and if you reach more that 90 % test result of 100 Que ( at least 10 Tests ) you can start to feel comfort to pass next time.

Additional video course available for CISA in CBT NUGGETS website, I use it last month before the exam and I found it useful.

Good Luck in in your next exam, if you have any inquiry just contact me.
  • Options
    Cism, crisc...
  • Options
    drioba wrote: »

Hi drioba,

I think experience is quite important in passing the exam. Some questions require contextual understanding and correct applicable interpretation to score right. While the CRM provides the concept, understanding and experience bridge the gap alongside the QAs db. You really need to be comfortable sitting the exam before you register.My general take if you have the QAs db: to evaluate your performance, consider your first score of a new set of questions as your standard. Doing a question repeatedly presents an involuntary opportunity to quickly pick the recalled correct answer leading to high scores that may be untrue. Therefore be not disturbed at not getting 90s, be disturbed at following the explanations for/against certain options.
  • Options
    lysjelysje Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The results are out! I passed CGEIT, next up CISM! Congrats to everyone who passed!