Options

MS Degree Achieved!

13»

Comments

• Options
    xnxxnx Member Posts: 464 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats and welcome to a pretty exclusive club Iris! I was soooo happy (and relieved) when I finished my MS. I've been waffling ever since on whether or not to go back and get my PhD from UT or Texas A&M. lol
    Bit of a random question from a newcomer but since you've got a massive list of certifications and a masters would you be kind enough to tell me when you started on the certification track and how long it's taken? More specifically how long did the CCNP take you to get?

I'm finishing off my bachelors in CSc and i'm trying to play catchup with certs, if the CCNA didn't have an expiry i'd have gone for it when a few years ago whilst entering 'college'. Personally I am aiming for a CCIE by the time i'm 30..

Thanks
    Getting There ...

Lab Equipment: Using Cisco CSRs and 4 Switches currently
  • Options
    IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    @XNX - All my certifications total probably took me 6 years. A lot of it was achieved through my degrees so it was part of the journey.

As far as my CCNP, I was doing that on top of regular school work so it took me about a year to get it done. I probably will get another CCNP this year and without school stress added, I'll probably get it done a lot faster.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • Options
    xnxxnx Member Posts: 464 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks, I just realised I quoted the wrong person but good thing you picked up on it, I appreciate the reply.

I made a mistake (I think) in that I had either the choice to go to top 10 ranked UK university to do CSc/Comms Systems or go to a university ranked 30 -50ish and do straight networking.

A tip for others, do what you enjoy and not what seems cool to others, I'm now currently dragging out my last few weeks at university after doing boring/tough modules involving OOP and implementing the RIP protocol using C socket programming icon_cry.gif.
    Getting There ...

Lab Equipment: Using Cisco CSRs and 4 Switches currently
  • Options
    onesaintonesaint Member Posts: 801
    The way you persist and achieve is very inspirational, Iris. Congrats on the advanced degree and on the upcoming marriage! I wish you and yours all the best.
    Work in progress: picking up Postgres, elastisearch, redis, Cloudera, & AWS.
    Next up: eventually the RHCE and to start blogging again.

Control Protocol; my blog of exam notes and IT randomness
  • Options
    TBickleTBickle Member Posts: 110
    Congrats! What an achievement.
  • Options
    DevilryDevilry Member Posts: 668
    Congrats! That is a huge accomplishment!
  • Options
    hiddenknight821hiddenknight821 Member Posts: 1,209 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I've not chimed in here in a long time. But after reading your post, I felt compelled to send you my warmest congrats. I agreed the program was definitely not easy. I've attempted it, and I learned it's not for me. CONGRATS! You are definitely the epitome of perseverance.
  • Options
    locastrolocastro Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Seeing all that you have accomplished is inspiring! icon_cool.gif
  • Options
    gabyprgabypr Member Posts: 136 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on your MS. Good luck with your future goals.
    EC-Council Master in Security Science M.S.S [Done]

Reading Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification Exam prep by Sohel Akhter
  • Options
    BPuttyBPutty Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!