Options

Phoenix university graduates bad rep?

1235»

Comments

• Options
    aspiringsoulaspiringsoul Member Posts: 314
    It's funny, I keep seeing advertisements on this forum for for-profit schools (which we know depends on the cookies in your browser's cache). I'm staring at an advertisement for full-sail university at the bottom of my screen, which ironically, Mitt Romney endorsed.

You can read about that here: Is Romney Right about Full Sail University? @insidehighered

For those who are completely oblivious to the for-profit education model, and who are yearning to earn a degree and advance in their career, a simple google search might land you on a site such as this: The Top 25 Online Colleges For 2014

Nearly every college on that list is a for profit school (I wonder who sponsors that site), maybe the association of private sector colleges and universities (who fund many politicians by the way)? Ironically, WGU makes the list, but it's at number 7, well behind Walden, Kaplan and Colorado State University. Obviously, anyone of us would have placed WGU at the top of the list, and would have checked other sources (such as geteducated.com), but for many others out there, they are completely unaware of the differences between for profit and non-profit schools.
    Education: MS-Information Security and Assurance from Western Governors University, BS-Business Information Systems from Indiana Wesleyan University, AAS-Computer Network Systems - ITT Tech,