Options

Certifications Goals for 2015

ChitownjediChitownjedi Member Posts: 578 ■■■■■□□□□□
The days are getting shorter. Nights a little colder. What better time to plan out next years goals. icon_cool.gif

2015 Goals: MCSA 2012 (417 upgrade) MCSE Server Infrastructure , MCSE Private Cloud, Server Virtualization with Hyper V and System Center, CCNP (tshoot-switch) Conditionals Possibly VCA and VCP... if I am not getting burned out towards end of next year. If I need a break these will wait....

Link to 2014 Cetification Goals thread: http://www.techexams.net/forums/general-certification/95146-2014-certfication-plans.html

Comments

• Options
    tkerbertkerber Member Posts: 223
    Woke up this morning and it's 13 degrees Fahrenheit or -10.5 degrees Celsius and yesterday we had a huge snow and ice storm already... Guess it's time to start studying....
  • Options
    joelsfoodjoelsfood Member Posts: 1,027 ■■■■■■□□□□
    CCIE Datacenter (first lab attempt scheduled for 4/17/15)
    VCP - DCV

That's more than enough on my plate for the year, though who knows what else my boss might add to it. :)
  • Options
    cknapp78cknapp78 Member Posts: 213 ■■■■□□□□□□
    And I thought 50 degrees in Louisiana was cold. I think my New Jersey toleration for cold weather has finally run out. On that note, my cert goals for 2015....

70-341 and 70-342 Exchange 2013 - Might be done by end of 2014.
    70-410, 70-411 and 70-412 - 1st Quarter 2015
    Office365 Certs - 3rd Quarter 2015

Thinking I might start going after my Lync 2013 certs next year as well. Should be a busy year.
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Certification Goals:

Finish my Bachelor's degree at WGU and start looking at Master's programs
    CCNA: Security
    VCP-Cloud (If I don't finish by December this year)

I'm sure I will add more to this list but that's what I can think of at the moment. ;)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    More CCIE studies. Goal is to pass the written in 2015 and maybe just maybe get in a lab attempt. Unfortunately I didnt have much time for the CCDA/DP in 2014. Not sure if I will go back to pass these certs.
  • Options
    NOC-NinjaNOC-Ninja Member Posts: 1,403
    CISSP
    CCNA-data center
    CCNP-sec
  • Options
    zxbanezxbane Member Posts: 740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I would like to try and get the CISA and CRISC certifications in 2015.
  • Options
    MSP-ITMSP-IT Member Posts: 752 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It'll be a light load compared to this year.
    • Finish my OSCP
    • eLearnSecurity ARES for eCRE
    • OSCE
  • Options
    JasminLandryJasminLandry Member Posts: 601 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I would like to get RHCSA, CCSA and maybe do a GIAC cert or two if my company pays a part of the training. And maybe CCNA: Security and CCDA, we'll see how the year goes.
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Wow, it's that time of the year. Too early to commit for me but I'm gonna say CISM, something SANS (TBD at a later date), and possibly wrapping up the MSISA.
  • Options
    Khaos1911Khaos1911 Member Posts: 366
    CISSP and start a Master of Science in Cyber Security somewhere. Maybe GCIH.

I'm just to burnt out to study for anything else this year. A 9 month old, a wife, a full time InfoSec job for a super busy fortune 100, GSEC, CEH, and mostly GCIA took everything out of me this year.
  • Options
    dsgmdsgm Member Posts: 228 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Think i will get some certs next year myself already started studying for some of them :

CCNA DC definitely (really interested in this track and possible going all the way to CCIE in the future)

CCNP Switch since my current job is mostly layer 2 then proceed to Route and TSHOOT

Throw in CCNA security for good measure

Thinking about finishing up my VCP-DCV studies but havent decided yet, do use Vsphere where i am now but hey life gets in the way sometimes.
  • Options
    bryanthetechiebryanthetechie Member Posts: 172
    Well, I'm in a state of career transition, so these goals may change slightly:

Linux+
    RHCSA
    SSCP
    Any extra time beyond these will be spent towards RHCE
  • Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    2 Certifications
    - CISSP
    - Some other cert. Possibilities are MCSA 2012, CISM, ISSAP, and CCA/CCP

4 or 5 classes
    - Business Ethics (might finish this in 2014)
    - Information Systems Capstone
    - Stats - completes BS degree
    - Physical Security for Homeland Security - completes HLS certificate
    - another class, not sure what yet.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • Options
    IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    I just have one goal for 2015: Pass the CCIE DC lab.

That in itself is going to be enough to keep me busy
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • Options
    kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Well in last years thread I said I would have my MCSE but that didn't happen.

So next year:
    MCSE
    VCP-DCV and maybe VCP-NV
  • Options
    nachodbanachodba Member Posts: 201 ■■■□□□□□□□
    MCSE Data Platform (Only two more exams before my MCITP DBA 2008 is upgraded!)
    CCNA Security
    Project Plus
    Potentially upgrade my VCP5 to VCP 6
    2020 Goals
    work-life balance
  • Options
    gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    CCIE #1 in Feburary.
    CCIE #2, dunno what one. Either SP, (just because), DC (Nexus is awesome), Security (Because ASA's rule), Collaboration (I love Voice and stuff, but there's not much call for it around here)
  • Options
    abnmiabnmi Member Posts: 66 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hmm, as far as certs maybe CISA and PMP. Want to learn skills include, Python, Powershell.
  • Options
    devils_haircutdevils_haircut Member Posts: 284 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Linux+ by January/February-ish (for WGU)
    CCNA: Security (also WGU)

After that, I'm probably going to start digging into the CCNP. I'm looking at a possible promotion to the network infrastructure team come spring or summer, so hopefully I'll get more hands-on experience to go along with the certs.
  • Options
    VeritiesVerities Member Posts: 1,162
    RHCSA

edit: realized the title said "Certification goals".
  • Options
    colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    For me, first up is CISM in December but still putting it for next year), followed immediately by ISSMP, CGEIT in June, probably GIAC GSLC, then CRISC next December. Coupled with a baby due any day, it's gonna be a heckuva busy year. And if I totally lose my mind, ISSEP and maybe take a stab at PMP as well. but probably not. LOL

Not cert related, but also starting to put together a presentation on InfoSec and leadership, maybe try to give a talk at a small con somewhere. Who knows.

Also need to refine/redo my ebook I pub'd on amazon. I made $15 in royalties last year. :)
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
  • Options
    RedGaiterRedGaiter Member Posts: 83 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Oh man, I really let the last few months of 2014 slip by for sheer laziness...

Time to get back on track! For 2015, I'm going to finish CCNA, and MCSA Server 2012. Hopefully I will have time to pursue more once I complete those.
  • Options
    no!all!no!all! Member Posts: 245 ■■■□□□□□□□
    For 2015 I'd like to complete my CCNA Wireless and CCNA Security...CCNA RS before the new year though :)
    A+, N+, S+, CCNA:RS, CCNA:Sec

"In high society TCP is more welcome than UDP. At least it knows a proper handshake" - Ben Franklin

2019 Goals: CCNP:RS & relocate to St. Pete, FL!
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    If I can put in the effort and have the time, I'll take a shot at the VCDX in Oct 2015. Apart from this, maybe the VCP: NV.

Don't have the need/desire for any more certs at this stage of my career. Any other TE'ers at a similar stage?
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Essendon wrote: »
    If I can put in the effort and have the time, I'll take a shot at the VCDX in Oct 2015. Apart from this, maybe the VCP: NV.

Don't have the need/desire for any more certs at this stage of my career. Any other TE'ers at a similar stage?

I'm slowly getting there after I have my bachelor and master degrees in my hand. ;)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Essendon wrote: »

I'm there on the infrastructure side, but as I transition into InfoSec, I have a few I would like to add. At this stage I'm more interested in completing a bachelors degree and moving onto a masters.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • Options
    markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Assuming I finish my CCNA: Security before '15, I've got Linux+ and a SQL cert for next year to complete my degree at WGU. After that, I'm really not sure. I work at a remote MSP that does a lot of sys admin things, so maybe I hit up some Microsoft certs (Server 2008/2012, Exchange etc.). Any ideas?
  • Options
    dave330idave330i Member Posts: 2,091 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Gonna stay a bum. They don't have certs for stuff I'm interested. If I run into a cool design, I might take another shot at VCDX.
    2018 Certification Goals: Maybe VMware Sales Cert
    "Simplify, then add lightness" -Colin Chapman