Anyone ever deal with overseas jobs with the company Vectrus?

Comments

• TanyaByTanyaBy Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I got a job offer today in Bagram. Never been deployed or left the state I was born in. Job is Material Storage Technician. I have to stay on medication. Anyone know how I will be able to get medication over there? Anyone familiar with the job? How hard is the work?
  • josephandrejosephandre Member Posts: 315 ■■■■□□□□□□
    curtisc83 wrote: »
    I just accepted a position in Alice Springs Australia. The work hours are 8 hours a day 5 days a week. And the pay is 161k a year. Not bad considering the work life balance is way better than my position in Iraq right now.

Lol wow. That's amazing. Congrats
  • curtisc83curtisc83 Member Posts: 85 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Lol wow. That's amazing. Congrats

Thank you. Just happy to get out of Iraq. This place isn't bad considering I have a liquor store at the state department base I'm at. But it still blows.
    Liberty University - Overton Graduate School of Business -Class of 2013-
    U.S. Army Paratrooper & OIF Veteran

LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/curtisc83
  • ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I just accepted a position in Alice Springs Australia. The work hours are 8 hours a day 5 days a week. And the pay is 161k a year. Not bad considering the work life balance is way better than my position in Iraq right now.

I've had their chicken, It's pretty good.
    right. Iraq is passable if it's necessary, but going to a better location for more money and regular schedule?

that's hitting the lottery lol

the jobs not with vectrus obviously right?
  • curtisc83curtisc83 Member Posts: 85 ■■□□□□□□□□
    right. Iraq is passable if it's necessary, but going to a better location for more money and regular schedule?

that's hitting the lottery lol

the jobs not with vectrus obviously right?

It's a inter-company transfer within GDIT which is who I work for now.
    Liberty University - Overton Graduate School of Business -Class of 2013-
    U.S. Army Paratrooper & OIF Veteran

LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/curtisc83
  • LittleBITLittleBIT Member Posts: 320 ■■■■□□□□□□
    That is just insane. Australia would be a good time. Maybe after Ive saved up enough Ill make a move within Vectrus to Germany, Japan, SK or some other OCONUS spot.
    Kindly doing the needful
    It's a inter-company transfer within GDIT which is who I work for now.

boss stuff. good job
  • Shuaib2016Shuaib2016 Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Does anyone knows how long it takes to obtain SECRET clearance through Vectrus?
  • kaijukaiju Member Posts: 453 ■■■■■■■□□□
    OPM is the entity that processes your clearance. After your paperwork is submitted, just sit back wait while it swims through the OPM Bermuda Triangle.
    Work smarter NOT harder! Semper Gumby!
    kaiju wrote: »
    OPM is the entity that processes your clearance. After your paperwork is submitted, just sit back wait while it swims through the OPM Bermuda Triangle.

Well, thanks! lol. I better forget about it and let it cook slowly!
  • mizterkewlmizterkewl Member Posts: 122 ■■■■□□□□□□
    For those that have got an interview with Vectrus. How long did it take for them to contact you, in regards to, applying and then the interview?
  • pr0lifik13pr0lifik13 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    They sent me an email because I had applied for other jobs with them. As soon as I responded and indicated interest, they got back to me within days to schedule an interview.
  • hmofeedhmofeed Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    is any one working for vectrus pay Iraq tax ? if yes how much
  • Press ANY KeyPress ANY Key Member Posts: 25 ■■□□□□□□□□
    hmofeed wrote: »

I'm currently in Iraq but with a different company. When I worked with Vectrus last year, I heard the tax was between 6-10%
  • jp5130jp5130 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello, I been following this forum and t has been really helpful. Anyone know the pay range for Information Assurance Analyst for Vectrus specifically? Any experiences to share if you were a IA analyst for Vectrus? Thank you.
    want to say it's like 33 dollars an hour (base) and then any bonuses and hazard pay uplift depending on where you go
    You guys need to look at 40hr/week OCONUS (Asia/Europe) jobs that pay $40~$60/hr. There are plenty of them out here. In my area there are many mid to high level sys/net admin that will pay at least $40/hr. Sys admin mid positions will need a minimum of MCSA, Sec+, a secret clearance and 5 years of experience. For Network mid you will need CCNA, Sec+, Secret clearance and 5 years of experience. Sr positions: Sys admin Sr - MCSE, CASP or CISSP, Secret clearance, and other certs like ITIL, VCP, NCIE with 10 years of experience will get you the job. Net Sr - CCNP, Sec+ or CASP, plus 10 years of experience. There are entry level positions that will allow you to move up in 6 months but it will only pay $21/hr. IA jobs are also available.

40hr/week plus FREEDOM to move about and tax breaks.
  • Fulcrum45Fulcrum45 Member Posts: 621 ■■■■■□□□□□
    This is something I've been keeping my eye on should things Stateside turn sour. As of right now the family is happy and we're pulling in more than we spend so I don't have the need to look at the moment. Maybe before my clearance goes dormant again.
  • NyblizzardNyblizzard Member Posts: 332 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Kaiju - Where would one look into these kinds of positions? Do they sponsor your clearance?
    O
    /|\
    / \
    FYI - DISS replacing JPAS. The Defense Department recently announced the Defense Information System for Security (DISS) is ready for roll-out this July.

"The Defense Information System for Security (DISS), once fully deployed, will replace the Joint Personnel Adjudication System (JPAS), to serve as the system of record to perform comprehensive personnel security, suitability and credential eligibility management for all Military, civilian, and DOD contractor personnel. DISS provides secure communications between Adjudicators, Security Officers and Component Adjudicators in support of eligibility and access management. DISS will deploy in a phased approach, with Phase 1 (DISS 1.0) being rolled out to users incrementally, starting with WHS and ending with Industry."

[h=2]What does this mean for clearance holders?[/h] "DISS, like JPAS before it, is a tool utilized by recruiters and facility security officers to manage clearance investigations and eligibility information. Like before, the average clearance applicant will not have access to DISS – or need to understand how it works. But the implications for the cleared population in the long run are significant. If DISS fulfills its objective to improve reciprocity, usability, and timeliness of back-end processing, those improvements could put cleared professionals to work faster. They could also make it much easier for the cleared population to move into new positions with other agencies."
    CSRA and it's partners has the ONE-Net contract. DXC (CSC corporate and HPE merged) has the NGEN contract but a vast majority of the positions are filled by sub-contract companies.

SAIC, GDIT, Nothrup Grumman, Booz Allen, and many more companies have contracts in Asia and Europe.

Most will want you to have a clearance on Day 1.
  • Texan-SpursTexan-Spurs Member Posts: 6 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Q. My Secret Level is an interim clearance , can I call and schedule an interview to get my secret ? if so , what company is the best - I heard there are many companies ?
  • GirlyGirlGirlyGirl Member Posts: 219
    hmofeed wrote: »

It automatically comes out of your check. At the end of the year, with your tax return you get a form stating that you paid X amount to the Iraq Government. It is early morning where I am at and I am in bed. So, I have not the desire, strength, or commitment to get the particulars and the name of the form. Fact of the matter is, it is coming out and it's nothing you can do about it. I know several people who wrote the HR Manager Ms. BB to no resolve.

They will give you an answer, I forgot exactly what they stated. To answer your question, I was in Iraq with Vectrus within the past few years. For OPSEC purposes I will not give my exact dates of employment. Everyone in Iraq with Vectrus is under the same mandatory requirement. Most companies do not take out taxes for individuals working in Iraq.

You might want to read this
    I did my taxes at (Insert national known tax preparer here) and I did not get any of the money I contributed to the Iraq Government back from the US Government. Are you shocked? I am not. Do not believe the rumors. I will post tax returns! If anyone tells you anything different please do not believe them, ever again.
  • GirlyGirlGirlyGirl Member Posts: 219
    CSRA and it's partners has the ONE-Net contract. DXC (CSC corporate and HPE merged) has the NGEN contract but a vast majority of the positions are filled by sub-contract companies.

SAIC, GDIT, Nothrup Grumman, Booz Allen, and many more companies have contracts in Asia and Europe.

Most will want you to have a clearance on Day 1.

I work for one of the seven companies listed. I do not think your facts are 100% correct. Pretty close though. First and foremost:

1. Just because a company won a contract does not mean that positions will be posted the next morning. A good portion of the time if a company wins a contract, that another company had the company on the losing end fights to keep it. Which might technically prolong the winning company from having the contract fully. I was on a contract won by a company that did not start hiring for it for almost a year later. I think it was around the 9th month.
    1a. A lot of the big companies try to hire internally. I know one of those seven companies you listed will post positions on internal sites before they ever hit the external (free for all) homepage. I think some companies only post positions they could not fill internally or were already filled (internally) and they are just posting for legal purposes to make you think you had a chance.

2. Companies merge. It is a doggy dog world. Technically CSRA is the merger of two companies. CSC and SRA. It is a few more companies under that umbrella as well. I am not getting into extreme pointless details.

3. You probably named 5% of the companies operating in Asia and Europe. Truth be told, most if not all of the companies you named I believe are already listed in the 35 pages of overseas talk we are currently in at the moment.

4. Vectrus is known throughout the Middle East to sponsor clearances. True, most want you to have one. Why wouldn't they? It saves them time and money when you hire someone with one. I do agree though. 1 out of 6 contractors (overseas) you talk to with an IT background worked or work for Vectrus. I promise.
    I currently work for one of those companies and have worked for every company that I have mentioned. Many existing contracts require that the new contract winner retain a certain percentage of the existing workers.

1) This happens everywhere in the contract world.
    2) Normal in the contract world. Mergers happen all of the time. HPE corporate just merged with CSC corporate to form DXC in hopes of winning the NGEN2 contract that will merge ONE-Net with NGEN.
    3) Yes, there are more companies that have contracts in Asia/Europe (google Top 100 DoD contractors). I merely mentioned the ones that have large contracts that support the enterprise in Asia/Europe. GD (General Dynamics) alone has enough divisions with subdivisions which also have subdivisions that will give you a headache so there was no need to mention the other companies.
    4) Most companies will not sponsor a TS/SCI for a candidate that does not have an active clearance. Now having a current Secret/SSBI is a different story because that is an easy upgrade. If a candidate already has the proper clearance there will be no down time while waiting for the clearance to be adjudicated. In most cases access/accounts cannot be granted without the proper clearance so "day one" candidates are more desirable for mid to high level positions.

Also 40hr/week @ $100K~$120k/yr that allows for personal time will always be better than 60~80hr/week @ $120k~$150K with no life at all. Simple math......
    I actually just got a pretty great offer from one of CSRA's subs in Germany. right at about 40 an hour, great insurance, 10k in education, obviously housing covered along with a few other perks. And they'll continue sponsoring my TS upgrade (of which i'm already > 18 mos)

think I'm going to take it instead of the Vectrus job in Kuwait i'm currently slated for
  • shimasenseishimasensei Member Posts: 241 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I currently work for one of those companies and have worked for every company that I have mentioned. Many existing contracts require that the new contract winner retain a certain percentage of the existing workers.

1) This happens everywhere in the contract world.
    2) Normal in the contract world. Mergers happen all of the time. HPE corporate just merged with CSC corporate to form DXC in hopes of winning the NGEN2 contract that will merge ONE-Net with NGEN.
    3) Yes, there are more companies that have contracts in Asia/Europe (google Top 100 DoD contractors). I merely mentioned the ones that have large contracts that support the enterprise in Asia/Europe. GD (General Dynamics) alone has enough divisions with subdivisions which also have subdivisions that will give you a headache so there was no need to mention the other companies.
    4) Most companies will not sponsor a TS/SCI for a candidate that does not have an active clearance. Now having a current Secret/SSBI is a different story because that is an easy upgrade. If a candidate already has the proper clearance there will be no down time while waiting for the clearance to be adjudicated. In most cases access/accounts cannot be granted without the proper clearance so "day one" candidates are more desirable for mid to high level positions.

Also 40hr/week @ $100K~$120k/yr that allows for personal time will always be better than 60~80hr/week @ $120k~$150K with no life at all. Simple math......

From your experience working for these companies, how are the CONUS positions in comparison to the OCONUS positions?
    Current: BSc IT + CISSP, CCNP:RS, CCNA:Sec, CCNA:RS, CCENT, Sec+, P+, A+, L+/LPIC-1, CSSS, VCA6-DCV, ITILv3:F, MCSA:Win10
    Future Plans: MSc + PMP, CCIE/NPx, GIAC...
    CONUS positions normally pay a lot less than the OCONUS positions. Without the OCONUS pay bump it would be impossible to keep good people in the positions. The tax break is also an incentive to take an OCONUS position.
  • LittleBITLittleBIT Member Posts: 320 ■■■■□□□□□□
    To answer the tax thing, this year we were given some document signed by the Iraqi's. And they list the money taken out on our W4's when they send em out.

Im not a tax guy, but again, heresay, Ive talked to people who've gotten a very small portion back, nothing even closely spectacular. What they dont tell you about the 10%... Is Iraq pays way more than Afghan for positions. Helpdesk/Servicedesk make $28-$29/hr. Afg was something wayyy lower, like $20/hr.

The tax isnt all bad, dont sign up for Iraq if youre so worried is what it comes down to, or just accept it.

6-Figs is still 6-figs imho.

Anyways -- my years almost up, Iraq just got a better bonus ($13K) and raises across the board. Wonder if we will be as lucky next year ��
    Kindly doing the needful