Options

Anyone ever deal with overseas jobs with the company Vectrus?

Comments

• Options
    Shamuu10Shamuu10 Member Posts: 9 ■■□□□□□□□□
    @balance all of the UAE work visas are put on hold I accepted a job offer in Afghan but they aren’t flying anyone out atm.  
  • Options
    @jr1984 I wouldn’t sweat it too much bro I’d assume it’s for a secret clearance and unless it’s something you did that’s really bad or you aren’t born in the US then you are probably good they aren’t sending anyone out for atleast a few months at minimum anyway and by then you’ll already have it
  • Options
    troverdan55troverdan55 Member Posts: 27 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Any updates on Vectrus sending people to the middle east?
  • Options
    @troverdan55 I just talked to the recruiter 2 days ago They still aren’t doing work visas to the UAE if I hear anything I’ll let u know trust me man I accepted my offer did all the medical dental and I have my clearance I’m literally just waiting to quit my job and head out there 
  • Options
    balancebalance Member Posts: 244 ■■■■■□□□□□
    edited December 2020
    Jr1984 said:
    My clearance case says close waiting final adjudication.  

Shamuu10 said:
    Jr1984 said:
    Does anyone know the time after your case is closed to make a final decision ?

Contact your recruiter they can ask your FSO the status of your clearence in JPASS if thats what your refering to. 

Contact your FSO  and have them look in DISS. We are no longer using JPASS  Check back in with your FSO every 30,60,90  days.  
  • Options
    LordQarlynLordQarlyn Member Posts: 693 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Shamuu10 said:
    @troverdan55 I just talked to the recruiter 2 days ago They still aren’t doing work visas to the UAE if I hear anything I’ll let u know trust me man I accepted my offer did all the medical dental and I have my clearance I’m literally just waiting to quit my job and head out there 
    Vectrus needs to check again with the UAE government, or this is a US government restriction. They ARE issuing work visas again and not just for frontline medical professionals either. I got my back in August, and since I've been on this contract, we have brought in at least six new personnel that I am aware of, plus a few more on another contract our company has here too. Even Bahrain has started issuing new work visas. 
  • Options
    XepherXepher Member Posts: 184 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Shamuu10 said:
    Vectrus needs to check again with the UAE government, or this is a US government restriction. They ARE issuing work visas again and not just for frontline medical professionals either. I got my back in August, and since I've been on this contract, we have brought in at least six new personnel that I am aware of, plus a few more on another contract our company has here too. Even Bahrain has started issuing new work visas. 
    Each program may operate a little differently, the best you can do is maintain your current position and wait. 
    V/R

• Options
    Xepher said:
    Shamuu10 said:
    Each program may operate a little differently, the best you can do is maintain your current position and wait. 
    The UAE government has announce more relaxation of the rules to include the issuing of visas, so hopefully for those programs, things will start moving for those other programs. 
  • Options
    SpeghettySpeghetty Registered Users Posts: 131 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Xepher said:
    Shamuu10 said:
    The UAE government has announce more relaxation of the rules to include the issuing of visas, so hopefully for those programs, things will start moving for those other programs. 
    Kuwait just went back on lockdown till the end of the year. They closed the commercial airport till Jan1
  • Options
    Speghetty said:
    Xepher said:
    Shamuu10 said:
    Kuwait just went back on lockdown till the end of the year. They closed the commercial airport till Jan1
    Are you here in Kuwait? 
    Kuwait has started to roll  your Visa 14 into an 18 as of a few weeks ago.   Kuwait did  close the airports and the rumor is we will go back on "Lockdown" but that has not happened yet , only the airports are shut down. 
  • Options
    troverdan55troverdan55 Member Posts: 27 ■■■□□□□□□□
    balance said:
    Speghetty said:
    Xepher said:
    Shamuu10 said:
    Are you here in Kuwait? 
    Kuwait has started to roll  your Visa 14 into an 18 as of a few weeks ago.   Kuwait did  close the airports and the rumor is we will go back on "Lockdown" but that has not happened yet , only the airports are shut down. 
    How long is the lock down supposed to be?
  • Options
    No longer an issue of lockdown  seems everything is slowly going back to normal. 
  • Options
    isiac316isiac316 Member Posts: 40 ■■■□□□□□□□
    balance said:
    No longer an issue of lockdown  seems everything is slowly going back to normal. 

Will they start deploying contracters to Afghanistan again
  • Options
    Hopefully they start sending people soon I’m ready to go out there already I’m over here accepted the job offer a month and a half ago fully qualified and in ready to deploy status but the recruiter is saying that they aren’t sending anyone over there at this time and that Kuwait isn’t issuing work visas -.- 
  • Options
    I can say things are getting back to normal here in the UAE. They recently relaxed many travel restrictions, coming in from "green" countries (the USA is not one of them) no longer requires a quarantine which itself has been reduced from 14 to 10 days. If you've received a Covid-19 vaccination you get further exemptions from the travel restrictions. And yes, they are issuing work visas again, actually have been for a few months. 
  • Options
    BropezBropez Member Posts: 26 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Does anyone have any contacts or can offer some insight into any other places?  I know Lord Qarlyn seems to be well connected. 

I got my clearance and have been continuing to self study for the md101 exam waiting to see here or hear from my recruiter that bodies are moving again before sitting as I honestly only passed the md100 by luck.  Also in april my normal job had layoffs that included me and now I've been stuck at an Amazon warehouse just working on my bachelors (business Mngmt @ WGU) and trying to practice stuff for the md101 and reread books, watch video lessons etc.  Its really hard to learn this stuff without being in the environment practicing every day. Im on clearance jobs and linkedin but I rarely if ever hear anything back.  Doesnt have to be IT honestly I tried to get on with PAE doing like grounds maintenance in Japan.  Anything is better than 15 an hour stacking boxes in a trailer for 10 hours. Or at least I'd rather do that abroad haha.

Anybody willing to hook me up with some connections?  Even good learning tools, courses on udemy, whatever that I can be doing to actually land one of these jobs?
  • Options
    brambisbrambis Member Posts: 35 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Bropez said:
    Does anyone have any contacts or can offer some insight into any other places?  I know Lord Qarlyn seems to be well connected. 

I got my clearance and have been continuing to self study for the md101 exam waiting to see here or hear from my recruiter that bodies are moving again before sitting as I honestly only passed the md100 by luck.  Also in april my normal job had layoffs that included me and now I've been stuck at an Amazon warehouse just working on my bachelors (business Mngmt @ WGU) and trying to practice stuff for the md101 and reread books, watch video lessons etc.  Its really hard to learn this stuff without being in the environment practicing every day. Im on clearance jobs and linkedin but I rarely if ever hear anything back.  Doesnt have to be IT honestly I tried to get on with PAE doing like grounds maintenance in Japan.  Anything is better than 15 an hour stacking boxes in a trailer for 10 hours. Or at least I'd rather do that abroad haha.

Anybody willing to hook me up with some connections?  Even good learning tools, courses on udemy, whatever that I can be doing to actually land one of these jobs?
    One thing I'll say is that I've never heard anybody ask for that particular cert. Your money might be better spent on another cert. You could still study the material that you have but I would go for A+ and/or Security+. That gives you certs that are actually required by Dod8570 and gets you alot closer to getting a DOD IT job. Those are about $340 a piece. I've easily spent over $2k on certs the past couple years. Make your money count. If I had to pick the 1 most valuable cert to get I would say Security+. Almost every position I've applied to requires that. 

With that and already having a clearance, I'm certain you could land a job. Alot of people recruiting and hiring for these jobs are not IT savvy themselves. I've had quite a few interviews recently for more advanced positions where I could tell the people interviewing me didn't have a clue what they were actually quizzing me about. Look for tier 1 or helpdesk style jobs, even if they're outside of the cleared world. They suck but it gives you experience and leverage to move onto better positions.
  • Options
    SpeghettySpeghetty Registered Users Posts: 131 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Dont plan on coming to Afghanistan. Things are closing down out here and you would have to get a call forward memo from the 2 star to come out here also the contract ends on the 28th of Feb. They won the new OMDAC contract, but they have not sent out any new RCL for the next contract. They will be moving everything from Afghanistan over the horizon and there will no longer be a presence here for Vectrus. 
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    brambis said:

One thing I'll say is that I've never heard anybody ask for that particular cert. Your money might be better spent on another cert. You could still study the material that you have but I would go for A+ and/or Security+. That gives you certs that are actually required by Dod8570 and gets you alot closer to getting a DOD IT job. Those are about $340 a piece. I've easily spent over $2k on certs the past couple years. Make your money count. If I had to pick the 1 most valuable cert to get I would say Security+. Almost every position I've applied to requires that. 

With that and already having a clearance, I'm certain you could land a job. Alot of people recruiting and hiring for these jobs are not IT savvy themselves. I've had quite a few interviews recently for more advanced positions where I could tell the people interviewing me didn't have a clue what they were actually quizzing me about. Look for tier 1 or helpdesk style jobs, even if they're outside of the cleared world. They suck but it gives you experience and leverage to move onto better positions.

How else can I satisfy the Computing Environment requirement for these kind of jobs?  I have my security+.

And yeah vectrus included.  My technical address was literally questions like what does https stand for.  Theres no way you can hold a security+ and not know that. But the difference between security+ and getting the windows 10 MDA is lightyears apart
  • Options

isiac316 said:
    balance said:

No true answer to this. Just wait if you put your eggs in one basket as far as positions goes.

Xepher said:
    Shamuu10 said:
    I would just look at the embassy guidelines, it doesn't matter what a government announces unless there is concurrence from our government as well.  

isiac316 said:
    balance said:

Contractors haven't stopped deploying, I know several people with other contracts deploying since July. The difference in you deploying or not deploying is the organization you're with.
    Bropez said:

You're best bet is to apply on clearance jobs or one of those websites, I got some spots but they require ssbi or TS and no they don't sponsor, so if you're not coming in with the clearance, they won't pick you up. (the pay is better then Afghanistan in comparison.
    brambis said:
    Bropez said:

I believe Sec+ is bare minimum in our field, i've seen several contracts only require Sec+, MD-100/101 is required in Europe (not all places, but some). A+ is useless unless you're stateside. (it's never bad to have it though) 
    Bropez said:
    brambis said:

How else can I satisfy the Computing Environment requirement for these kind of jobs?  I have my security+.

And yeah vectrus included.  My technical address was literally questions like what does https stand for.  Theres no way you can hold a security+ and not know that. But the difference between security+ and getting the windows 10 MDA is lightyears apart
    Sec+ is easy, MDAA was actually harder in comparison. As far as Vectrus goes, they haven't put out requirement changes for OMDAC-SWACA because the required Microsoft certifications expire at the end of the month.
    V/R

• Options
    Tip for anyone, never put your eggs in one basket. IF you're anticipating going to the ME, why not try elsewhere in the world until the spot you want opens up or there is movement. It pointless allowing yourself to lose on valuable experience holding out for a position. Everyone has to understand, there are alot of internal movements within the ME contracts and outside the ME contracts (Vectrus lost a few contracts recently) with that being said, Vectrus is goin)g to move the people on the lost contracts over non Vectrus as a priority. (This could take several weeks to months to sort out. Again Vectrus isn't the only contractor out there.
    V/R

• Options
    Xepher said:
    I would just look at the embassy guidelines, it doesn't matter what a government announces unless there is concurrence from our government as well.  
    Our State Department strongly recommends avoiding all international travel lol. I'm glad neither I nor my employer didn't follow their advisory. 

Xepher said:
    Tip for anyone, never put your eggs in one basket. IF you're anticipating going to the ME, why not try elsewhere in the world until the spot you want opens up or there is movement. It pointless allowing yourself to lose on valuable experience holding out for a position. Everyone has to understand, there are alot of internal movements within the ME contracts and outside the ME contracts (Vectrus lost a few contracts recently) with that being said, Vectrus is goin)g to move the people on the lost contracts over non Vectrus as a priority. (This could take several weeks to months to sort out. Again Vectrus isn't the only contractor out there.
    This 100 times! I would further add the US government contracts are not the only game out there. FMS contracts tend to be good positions and often don't have the same restrictions or clearance requirements as government contracts. I would welcome working on a project in say former eastern bloc countries or some really exotic locations. 
  • Options
    Thanks .  I had no idea that FMS contracts existed . 
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    balance said:
    Thanks .  I had no idea that FMS contracts existed . 
    The United States is the number one arms dealer  :D And we sell to many nations. 
    Also, nice thing about FMS contracts, is due to ITAR requirements, many of the positions are required to be filled by US citizens (of course assuming the company is a US defense company). Some don't require US security clearances so if you don't have a clearance yet, that is a good option. You might have to get a security clearance with the foreign government, but that's usually not a problem.
  • Options
    Wouldn't that cause an issue if you held a TS/SCI ? 
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    I cant tell if I'm just a moron or I google stuff wrong but I just cant seem to FIND these opportunities.  If im being honest Im like 99% sure the only reason I got in with Vectrus its because I was in with someone that works there right now.

It seems very competitive.  Like most of the time the jobs are posted after someone has already been selected.  I think Im probably boned until I finish my degree.  Im about to just try and find recruiters with the company im trying to apply to on LinkedIn and see if I cant get lucky. I applied to be a Janitor yesterday on a sub base so if Im somehow unqualified to mop floors I probably need a reality check  :tired_face:
  • Options
    Bropez said:
    I cant tell if I'm just a moron or I google stuff wrong but I just cant seem to FIND these opportunities.  If im being honest Im like 99% sure the only reason I got in with Vectrus its because I was in with someone that works there right now.

It seems very competitive.  Like most of the time the jobs are posted after someone has already been selected.  I think Im probably boned until I finish my degree.  Im about to just try and find recruiters with the company im trying to apply to on LinkedIn and see if I cant get lucky. I applied to be a Janitor yesterday on a sub base so if Im somehow unqualified to mop floors I probably need a reality check  :tired_face:
    You honestly might not be applying enough or networking enough.
    V/R

• Options
    aljaha2aljaha2 Member Posts: 41 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Bropez said:

Have you setup a profile on clearancejobs.com? There are plently of opportunities available outside of Afghanistan/Iraq. That would be your best bet and there are so many players in the game Vectrus isn't the only company out here. 
  • Options
    aljaha2 said:
    Have you setup a profile on clearancejobs.com? There are plently of opportunities available outside of Afghanistan/Iraq. That would be your best bet and there are so many players in the game Vectrus isn't the only company out here. 
    I am on clearance jobs.  I will keep trying I have a job now its just sucks.  I lost my good job due to Covid and then this fell through which I wasnt banking on by any means it was just a good opportunity that came up. I wasnt even looking for it to be honest but now I know it exist and Im trying to get in.  I'd really like to end up in South Korea or Japan, thats where the janitor job was lol  :D Im more interested in moving somewhere than making big bucks to be honest.  Im already poor I would like to just try being poor somewhere else lol
  • Options
    balance said:
    Wouldn't that cause an issue if you held a TS/SCI ? 
    According to our security officer, who does the paperwork for those who need US clearances, it won't affect my secret clearance since I'm with a US company on a congressionally approved military sales contract. But that's for a secret clearance on this particular contract. Obviously if that's a concern, check with the company security officer.