Options

How long did it take you to get your endorsement Back for CISSP

Comments

• Options
    ClmClm Member Posts: 444 ■■■■□□□□□□
    vennela wrote: »
    My endorsement was acknowledged on 1st March but still no certificate. I was told that I'd receive it shortly when contacted ISC2.[/QUOTE
    When you say you were acknowledged on March 1st do you mean they received your forms or they approved you as a full cissp
    I find your lack of Cloud Security Disturbing!!!!!!!!!
    Connect with me on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/myerscraig

• Options
    ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
    blanc wrote: »
    CISSP bro

Thanks man. That gives me some perspective on mine. Hopefully I get it before my GPEN class starts so I can use the CEUs.
  • Options
    blancblanc Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    My endorsement was acknowledged on 1st March but still no certificate. I was told that I'd receive it shortly when contacted ISC2.

Thanks Vennela. I called in too and got the same reply. Lets update each other when we receive it.
  • Options
    MarieWMarieW Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    My endorser sent in my application on March 8 and ISC2 acknowledged the receipt about a half hour after it was sent. I'm in the 5th week now.
  • Options
    Im in the same boat as you MarieW I don't understand why it takes so long

• Options
    vennelavennela Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks Vennela. I called in too and got the same reply. Lets update each other when we receive it.

My certification came through today. 6 weeks 2 days.
  • Options
    My certification came through today. 6 weeks 2 days.

Hi Velenna, congrats! can i know how you contacted them previously to check on the status? Which email address did you sent to? Thanks
  • Options
    otherness wrote: »
    Just to add up for statistics:

Submitted my endorsement on February 29th. Got the acknowledgement the same day.
    Still waiting for a reply.

Otherness, have you got a reply yet?
  • Options
    So i was looking through reddit and a couple of the guys stated there last week of actually waiting they would email ISC2 and by the next day or shorter they would have there verification approved I'm trying it myself let you know what happens.

https://www.reddit.com/r/cissp/comments/4brprc/cissp_verification_turnaround_update/

• Options
    edsernaedserna Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Six weeks today.
    Passed on March 2rd. Endorsement email received March 4th. Proof of employment on letter request on April 7. Sent proof of employment on April 8th for all employers. Called to verify documentation received on 11th. Asked on 11th how long it would take. Response 6 weeks from when the endorsement was sent in. Today is 6 weeks, sent an email on April 14th to check on the status.

-ISC2 is endorsing
  • Options
    GessGess Member Posts: 144 ■■■□□□□□□□
    ISC2 received my endorsement form on March 23rd. Sitting at just over 3 weeks, so, halfway there? ;)
  • Options
    My endorsement finally came in this morning 6am local 6 weeks

• Options
    Clm wrote: »
    My endorsement finally came in this morning 6am local 6 weeks

Congrats man. Did you have to reach out to them or did it just come out of the blue?
  • Options
    I emailed them like reddit page said and I got it in a couple days

• Options
    Clm wrote: »
    I emailed them like reddit page said and I got it in a couple days
    I will wait my 6 weeks, but man I wish they would hurry up.
  • Options
    edsernaedserna Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    edserna wrote: »
    Six weeks today.
    Passed on March 2rd. Endorsement email received March 4th. Proof of employment on letter request on April 7. Sent proof of employment on April 8th for all employers. Called to verify documentation received on 11th. Asked on 11th how long it would take. Response 6 weeks from when the endorsement was sent in. Today is 6 weeks, sent an email on April 14th to check on the status.

-ISC2 is endorsing

After not receiving an email reply, I decided to call this morning to check on the status. After a very helpful and pleasant call I was told I should be receiving something shortly. Within half hour I got the confirmation email.

6 weeks 3 days
  • Options
    Today is six weeks for me. I just emailed them to inquire about the status of my endorsement.
    I hope I hear back from them by tomorrow.
  • Options
    Just got the email - I'm officially a CISSP!
  • Options
    MarieW wrote: »
    Just got the email - I'm officially a CISSP!

Congrats! It makes me want to call them early...
  • Options
    I'm not sure I understand the point of getting someone to endorse you if it still takes six weeks. ISC2 is just taking advantage of the free labor without providing any kind of benefit (other than to themselves) in return. Why allow people to endorse others if they don't trust them?
  • Options
    Gess wrote: »
    I'm not sure I understand the point of getting someone to endorse you if it still takes six weeks. ISC2 is just taking advantage of the free labor without providing any kind of benefit (other than to themselves) in return. Why allow people to endorse others if they don't trust them?

I really want to get this done as well. I think it's the not knowing what's going on that's frustrating. Nobody wants to gripe at them and be further delayed by an audit either.
  • Options
    Hi guys, i finally got my cissp. Just for sharing, do note the correct way to count the number of months of experience. If you work from jan 15 to feb 15, it is counted as 1 month instead of 2 months. Unless u started on the first day of Jan, and end on the last day of feb, which you will need to state so, othewise it should be counted as 1 month.

Cheers!
  • Options
    Hi guys, i finally got my cissp. Just for sharing, do note the correct way to count the number of months of experience. If you work from jan 15 to feb 15, it is counted as 1 month instead of 2 months. Unless u started on the first day of Jan, and end on the last day of feb, which you will need to state so, othewise it should be counted as 1 month.

Cheers!

Congrats! Thanks for the info. I will be at 4 weeks tomorrow.
  • Options
    The three months I've been working in security while waiting since I passed my exam should be considered during this lengthy review. ;)

I've only been waiting for 5 weeks (yesterday) for ISC2, though. My endorser was very thorough. Which makes the ISC2 portion of the wait that much more agitating.
  • Options
    I've only been waiting for 5 weeks (yesterday) for ISC2, though. My endorser was very thorough. Which makes the ISC2 portion of the wait that much more agitating.

Same. Even though I've known my endorser for almost 20 years, he still called everyone and verified everything I wrote down.

It just seems like in this digital age that something either is or isn't. I suppose they will make no wine before it's time...
  • Options
    I actually received my e-mail about an hour ago. Went and thanked my endorser. :)

It took 5 weeks 1 day, I didn't call them. Just came here and whined a little. ;)
  • Options
    MjoshiMjoshi Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Gess,

Would appreciate if you can tell me the exact date on which you sent your endorsement form as its 5 weeks and 3 days for me but still waiting.

I sent on 21st March, 2016.

Thanks and Congrats
  • Options
    ISC2 received my endorsement form on March 23rd. Sitting at just over 3 weeks, so, halfway there? ;)

Best of luck.
  • Options
    MjoshiMjoshi Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for replying. I recieved mine yesterday.
  • Options
    vkd101vkd101 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Exam passed : 26 March
    Endorsement submitted : 29 March
    Acceptance : 4 May

Cheers
    -vkd