Options

How long did it take you to get your endorsement Back for CISSP

Comments

• Options
    ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
    5 weeks, 1 day looks to be the average. Maybe Monday for me?

*EDIT: 4 Weeks, 6 Days! Can't start my CPEs till June 1st.
  • Options
    GessGess Member Posts: 144 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Mentioned it in your thread, but the backlog must be shrinking, they've improved by 2 days in the last week.
  • Options
    SilverGeniusSilverGenius Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    4 weeks and 5 days for me. Pretty happy right now!
  • Options
    mmmike999mmmike999 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Submitted mine on April 12, just got my endorsement May 17th 10 minutes ago. Exactly 5 weeks. Did not send any followup email to isc2 as many did
  • Options
    How long before you receive your physical certificate?
  • Options
    mmmike999mmmike999 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The email said an additional 8 to 12 weeks to get the hard copy certificate in mail.
  • Options
    GessGess Member Posts: 144 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Ertaz wrote: »
    How long before you receive your physical certificate?

I received my paper certificate in the mail yesterday. Easily the highest quality paper cert in my collection, it looks like a small diploma. My wife thought it was junk mail and almost ripped it in half and threw it away. icon_lol.gif

That took 4 weeks 5 days since I got my e-mail.

So in total it was 9 weeks 6 days from the time my endorser sent my package in, confirmed and receive my paper certificate.
  • Options
    Gess wrote: »
    I received my paper certificate in the mail yesterday. Easily the highest quality paper cert in my collection, it looks like a small diploma. My wife thought it was junk mail and almost ripped it in half and threw it away. icon_lol.gif

So in total it was 9 weeks 6 days from the time my endorser sent my package in, confirmed and receive my paper certificate.

Thanks for the info! looks like I have a couple of weeks to wait yet.
  • Options
    ClmClm Member Posts: 444 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Gess wrote: »

Im happy your wife didnt rip it that would be heart breaking. But yep that certs looks better then anything else i have on my wall.
    I find your lack of Cloud Security Disturbing!!!!!!!!!
    Connect with me on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/myerscraig

• Options
    ZzBloopzZZzBloopzZ Member Posts: 192
    Question, does the endorser send in the endorsement form or do I?

Thanks!
  • Options
    Got my certificate in the mail today! 4 weeks 2 days.
  • Options
    goatamagoatama Member Posts: 181
    So there's a lot of different information about what needs to be sent to ISC2. I saw one place that said your resume had to be sent to them, but if you read the endorsement form carefully it says the endorser has to just send in the form and a copy of the degree/certificate if applying for a one year experience waiver.

What *actually* needs to be sent to them?
    WGU - MSISA - Done!!
    Next up: eCPPT, eWDP, eWPT, eMAPT
  • Options
    goatamagoatama Member Posts: 181
    Four weeks, six days here.

Just sent the endorsement form and a copy of the cert I was using for my 1 year of waiver. And I had my endorser send the form.
    WGU - MSISA - Done!!
    Next up: eCPPT, eWDP, eWPT, eMAPT
  • Options
    rawlicrawlic Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    It's exactly four weeks today for me and still no word. The silence is deafening. :D
  • Options
    EZstreetEZstreet Member Posts: 18 ■■□□□□□□□□
    goatama wrote: »
    Four weeks, six days here.

Just sent the endorsement form and a copy of the cert I was using for my 1 year of waiver. And I had my endorser send the form.

Exactly four weeks today for me. Haven't heard anything yet.

EZ
  • Options
    Took me 6 weeks total, little over 2 weeks of that was the audit I was randomly selected for:

June 2 - Endorsement sent by endorser.
    June 29 - Notified that I am selected for random audit, request signed release forms and additional documents.
    June 30 - I sent signed release form and requested documents for audit.
    July 7 - ISC started contacting my employers to verify my employment.
    July 14 - Notified that I am officially certified!
  • Options
    I just got my endorsement today! One day short of five weeks.
  • Options
    RemedympRemedymp Member Posts: 834 ■■■■□□□□□□
    ZzBloopzZ wrote: »
    Took me 6 weeks total, little over 2 weeks of that was the audit I was randomly selected for:

June 2 - Endorsement sent by endorser.
    June 29 - Notified that I am selected for random audit, request signed release forms and additional documents.
    June 30 - I sent signed release form and requested documents for audit.
    July 7 - ISC started contacting my employers to verify my employment.
    July 14 - Notified that I am officially certified!

In this day and age with Linkedin, you would think ISC could come up with a better mechanism for verification,etc.
  • Options
    Remedymp wrote: »
    In this day and age with Linkedin, you would think ISC could come up with a better mechanism for verification,etc.

I suppose. My previous supervisor does not even have a LinkedIn profile, and then his boss's is way out dated. This was at a Fortune 50 company too. The current owner of the start up I am involved with also has a very out dated LinkedIn profile. They all have huge networks from people IRL though.
  • Options
    mjb2016mjb2016 Member Posts: 11 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Just received the email today...it took four weeks and six days from the day my endorsement was sent/emailed to (ISC)2. I had a CISSP fellow from work endorse me.
  • Options
    I got the dreaded "you have been randomly selected for audit" email today. On with the formalities tomorrow. Let you know how it turns out.

EZ
  • Options
    EZstreet wrote: »
    I got the dreaded "you have been randomly selected for audit" email today. On with the formalities tomorrow. Let you know how it turns out.

EZ

I have a thread in the main CISSP forum with my detailed experience with the audit. The first of it's kind that is recent, please contribute to it with your experience. Feel free to shoot me a PM if he you have any specific questions. Good luck!
  • Options
    ZzBloopzZ wrote: »
    I have a thread in the main CISSP forum with my detailed experience with the audit. The first of it's kind that is recent, please contribute to it with your experience. Feel free to shoot me a PM if he you have any specific questions. Good luck!

Thank you....

I have sent in the documentation just now. I also let my current and former manager know about the audit. I only have one employer to contact as I have been here twenty years.

Wish me luck.

June 16 - Endorsement sent in
    June 16 - Endorsement received notification email from ISC2
    July 19 - Notified that I am selected for random audit
    July 20 Signed and emailed release forms and additional documents.

Regards,
    EZ
  • Options
    YoniKYoniK Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Got mine today. 4 weeks and 2 days. icon_smile.gif
  • Options
    verdigrisverdigris Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    6/10 Endorsement sent
    6/13 Confirmation
    7/15 Certified

5 weeks exactly
  • Options
    EZstreet wrote: »
    Thank you....

I have sent in the documentation just now. I also let my current and former manager know about the audit. I only have one employer to contact as I have been here twenty years.

Wish me luck.

June 16 - Endorsement sent in
    June 16 - Endorsement received notification email from ISC2
    July 19 - Notified that I am selected for random audit
    July 20 Signed and emailed release forms and additional documents.
    July 21 Contacted my former manager
    July 22 He sent in documentation to ISC2 (2:30 PM)
    July 22 Got the congrats from ISC2 (3:30 PM)

That was amazingly fast !

Regards,
    EZ

Congratulations! It gives me great pleasure to be the first to address you with the Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP®) designation! Based upon your examination results, a review of your application and acceptance of your endorsement, the (ISC)2 Board of Directors awards you with the CISSP Certification. You may use the CISSP designation and logo from this day forward, subject to the (ISC)2 Logo Guidelines (www.isc2.org/logo-usage) (login required).
  • Options
    Nice to see it was so quick.
  • Options
    tchera19tchera19 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    23 June - Exam passed
    30 June - Endorsement sent(by my endorser)
    1 July - Confirmation email that my application has been placed in the queue
    27 July - Officially certified

Total time for endorsement : 28 days
  • Options
    ClmClm Member Posts: 444 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats to all the new CISSP's
    I find your lack of Cloud Security Disturbing!!!!!!!!!
    Connect with me on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/myerscraig

• Options
    bpennbpenn Member Posts: 499
    Turned my endorsement in two days ago... looks like I will be waiting around 4-6 weeks according to this thread!
    "If your dreams dont scare you - they ain't big enough" - Life of Dillon