Options

Student Experiences at Western Governors University (WGU)

Comments

• Options
    erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    rep21 wrote: »
    I have to agree with you on this. Currently, I am trying(TRYING being the key word) to enroll for the database emphasis. During completion of my AAS I studied a lot of Cisco networking, some Microsoft Administration and a little Linux. Since I did not learn anything about databases or programming, I chose to go towards that direction in order to just fill in the gaps. Its my thinking that I could fairly easy switch over to getting MS certs or more Cisco certs if I chose to go that direction later. Having more areas of knowledge just feels like it would be beneficial to me as I currently only have help desk experience and am undecided which direction in IT to go.

That being said, I was wondering how long it took everyone else to get their transcripts evaluated? Currently WGU has had my transcripts for three weeks going on four now. I talked to my enrollment counselor twice, and he said he talked to them about it. I wanted to start in October, but if they are going to take forever with my transcripts, I may not make the October deadline. icon_sad.gif

Validate experience you already have or learn something new?

There is no right or wrong answer...but you need to have a plan to where you want to go post-degree.

I didn't need to do a degree program....I can just stay at my current job and call it a day for another 11 years and retire with full medical and reduced pension. However, if I ever wanted to go into management, it would be either difficult or impossible to do that. However, I could always get another lateral. That prospect would have made me terribly unhappy.

With folks looking down at online education today I feel it is more important to get a Masters at a B&M school...even if they have an online prescence. I just applied to a B&M today (it's right by my job). It wasn't for a MBA program, but rather a graduate certificate program that's contingent on me graduating from WGU. I can do the certificate program completely online and if there are problems....I only need to drive 10-30 minutes depending on traffic. When I complete the certificate program, I can either parlay it into their MBA program, or go elsewhere and not have to deal with taking Business Foundation courses.

As I said, whether I validate my experience or learn something new, it's more important that I have a BS from a regionally accredited school.

I'm not guaranteed to ever get a job in management. But my prospects become more likely to get one with a minimum of a BS and hopefully a Masters later. Not to mention, I have the added bonus of teaching community college part time as an adjunct instructor.
  • Options
    ehndeehnde Member Posts: 1,103
    Erpadmin, I hope you don't mind if I use your forum sig as a template :D

My transcript has been evaluated. They accepted my certifications, degree, other previous college experience, and military transcript (referred to as "AARTS" by the Army). I'm starting with 74 CU's transferred in, need 49 CU's to graduate, but really I'm only needing 37 because I'm ready to take CCNA:Security and Security+ right now. This is what I'm looking to start with in October:

Courses Completed at WGU (Term separated by |):

Courses Required For Me To Graduate WGU with BS - IT: Security (in order):
    EWB2, TSV1, LET1, ORC1, MGC1, TPV1, KFT1, TWA1, BLV1, CPW4
    Classes Transferred:
    BAC1, BBC1, CLC1, LAE1, INC1, LAT1, AXV1, TTV1, LUT1, WSV1, INT1, GAC1, SSC1, SST1, BRV1, BSV1, HHT1, QLT1, BOV1, IWT1, IWC1, KET1, WDV1, ABV1
    Climb a mountain, tell no one.
  • Options
    ehnde wrote: »
    Erpadmin, I hope you don't mind if I use your forum sig as a template :D

Ehnde, I took that template from someone else, but I cannot remember who I took it from. I took it, so that I can motivate myself and others. When I graduate, I will replace it with a link to that master post I started (and will finish when I complete my studies). It's a good template to do that for current and future WGU students. I also don't blog my WGU experiences...TE has my all my experiences and dates I finished certain classes. Since October is right around the corner, make sure you get CCNA: Security and Security+ as your first classes. Also, since you are a vet and no doubt on the GI Bill, you will be taking 18 CUs as your minimum as opposed to the non Vets who have to take 12. That is justified right there...(if you get grief for wanting to get those classes as your first classes and get immediate vouchers, get another mentor.) Once you're done with those, get on KFT1. Outside of Tech Writing and Capstone, that looks to be your hardest class. With proper study, that programming course should be very passable. I wouldn't worry about TSV1 as it's based on a CIW cert....with good study, that should be passed easily. After that, LET1, ORC1, MGC1, TPV1 should be ok. After that....you got some tech writing and capstone.....

You should be ok to knockout those classes....you are without question in good company.

BTW, thank you for your service. (As well as every vet who is on TE. :) )

BTW, October 1 is a Saturday. I don't know if you work on Saturdays or have some obligations, but it will behoove you to spend that day knocking out EWB. It takes a few hours, but it's a one day course...you will learn how to go back to certain things you are not sure of (though you could just post your questions here.....someone will always know the answer... :) ).
  • Options
    NobylspoonNobylspoon Member Posts: 620 ■■■□□□□□□□
    erpadmin wrote: »
    Don't underestimate LAT1.....that course is arguably the hardest writing class in WGU (2CUs my --- and yes harder than Tech Writing and Capstone....at least with the latter, you are writing about something you are familiar with. LAT1 OTOH has to be a general-NON IT topic that requires the use of various methods of research, such as books, journals, periodicals, etc.) You will be using the WGU library for that one. You also WILL be spending a good amount of time to knock that out.

Your math seems strong though, so I would work on QLT1 in conjunction to LAT1, but don't assume LAT1 will be done in a couple of days cause it's 2 CUs....it's a big PITA.

Funny though...LAE1 was done within a couple of days.....LAT1 almost several weeks.

Finally when you get to the sciences, you will simply be more annoyed than anything else. The WGU science classes are, IMO, the most useless classes ever. If I wanted to do 5th grade science, I'd have gone back to grammar school. I didn't learn anything "new..." the scientific method was introduced to me, literally in the 5th grade. And your experiment that you will need to do will be one that any 10 year old can do. I seriously don't know how those science classes count for college....I'd have been better off going to community college and taking a science lab course.

Finally, spend a good time reading the PK0-003. I guess you transferred LET1 in so you are already familiar with at least some of the topics discussed for Project+. Try to shoot for that exam before your ORC1 and MGC1 and after passing, gun for both of them after (take the preassessment to see how well you do.)

Sounds like you'll do well and be on your way.

I had my mentor unlock the learning resources for LAT1 so I could have the APA resources for HHT1. After looking over the COS, I had already planned on about 6 weeks for LAT1 and QLT1. Next term of course.

I am taking the BOV1 exam next weekend. I had plans of doing either ORC1 or MGC1 before the end of term but listening to your advice, I wonder if 3 weeks would be enough time to prepare for Project+. That would give me 2 or 3 weeks before term ends if I need to retest. I knocked out Security+ in one week but that was because Darrel Gibson's book is top notch...

It's a shame the science stuff isn't very hard. It has always been my favorite subject and I was looking forward to learning some new things. Since I read books on evolution for entertainment, that course might be disappointing icon_sad.gif

BTW, how is IWT1? I transferred the objective half but still have to complete the performance half. I estimated 2 weeks for that one, is that a safe estimate?

Thanks!
    WGU PROGRESS

MS: Information Security & Assurance
    Start Date: December 2013
  • Options
    Nobylspoon wrote: »
    I am taking the BOV1 exam next weekend. I had plans of doing either ORC1 or MGC1 before the end of term but listening to your advice, I wonder if 3 weeks would be enough time to prepare for Project+. That would give me 2 or 3 weeks before term ends if I need to retest. I knocked out Security+ in one week but that was because Darrel Gibson's book is top notch...

If you can find my Project+ posts on around ~November 2010, you'll find that I spent about 13 days to read PK0-003 and pass Project+ with a lower score than I got on Security+ [794 vs 870]. The hardest part about reading Project+ is going through the dull material. (Have coffee or Text-To-Speech...lol...) If you can get past the dull, boring, dry read of the Sybex PK0-003, you can pass the exam just like you did with Security+ with Darril Gibson (just don't expect the same type of score though....but do expect a pass).

The Sybex PK0-003 book is all you need to pass Project+...that much I can tell you. What helped me out was that I do have Project Management experience, but that still didn't help me break 800 on the exam....but spending ~13 days to prepare for a pass...I'll take that. :)

I can't see IWT1 being that hard...but I transferred in all my humanities (I would have been a history major if not for life....) From what folks have said about it, doesn't seem that difficult.
  • Options
    citinerdcitinerd Member Posts: 266
    Finally made it to my capstone project! Can't wait to finish up my degree. :D

Congrats just got mine graded and put in my graduation request on 8/30. Be prepared; they said 5-10 business days for a response and I am on my 10th business day and still haven't heard.
  • Options
    Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    Just completed the CCENT, makes 6 courses done this semester, I start a new term Oct 1st. Much slower progress than I wanted but, I also crammed in the MCDST, a lot of overtime, moved houses, etc.. but I plan on graduating within these next six months
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • Options
    If you can find my Project+ posts on around ~November 2010, you'll find that I spent about 13 days to read PK0-003 and pass Project+ with a lower score than I got on Security+ [794 vs 870]. The hardest part about reading Project+ is going through the dull material. (Have coffee or Text-To-Speech...lol...) If you can get past the dull, boring, dry read of the Sybex PK0-003, you can pass the exam just like you did with Security+ with Darril Gibson (just don't expect the same type of score though....but do expect a pass).

The Sybex PK0-003 book is all you need to pass Project+...that much I can tell you. What helped me out was that I do have Project Management experience, but that still didn't help me break 800 on the exam....but spending ~13 days to prepare for a pass...I'll take that. :)

I can't see IWT1 being that hard...but I transferred in all my humanities (I would have been a history major if not for life....) From what folks have said about it, doesn't seem that difficult.

Thanks again for the tips.

I saved a copy of the Sybex book from Books24x7. I will probably start on it next week while I wait for my BOV1 test date. I think I will have to wait on ORC1 and MGC1 until December though. I doubt my mentor would let me add anything else after I finish Project+, there will only be about 3 weeks left for the term. Hopefully the material is still fresh on my mind a month after taking the exam.
    WGU PROGRESS

• Options
    demonfurbiedemonfurbie Member Posts: 1,819

I saved a copy of the Sybex book from Books24x7. I will probably start on it next week while I wait for my BOV1 test date. I think I will have to wait on ORC1 and MGC1 until December though. I doubt my mentor would let me add anything else after I finish Project+, there will only be about 3 weeks left for the term. Hopefully the material is still fresh on my mind a month after taking the exam.

this will help you with project+ Read-Only Flashcard Set
    wgu undergrad: done ... woot!!
    WGU MS IT Management: done ... double woot :cheers:
  • Options

Thanks!
    WGU PROGRESS

• Options
    polysaturatepolysaturate Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    How much is that comparable towards the cert exam? I've never looked at a Project+ book and I was getting 80-90% right. *shrugs*

Anywho, to anyone who has been following. I am still deciding between DB/SW emphasis, but decided to finish out this semester in comm college to knock out the rest of my gen eds. Then start Jan 1st.
  • Options
    How much is that comparable towards the cert exam? I've never looked at a Project+ book and I was getting 80-90% right. *shrugs*

Anywho, to anyone who has been following. I am still deciding between DB/SW emphasis, but decided to finish out this semester in comm college to knock out the rest of my gen eds. Then start Jan 1st.

its the key terms strait from the book, it really helped me

if youve ever sat for a comptia exam you can normally see the keyterm(s) they are looking for in the question that will help you get to the correct answer
  • Options

I went a good couple of months in between. Keep in mind that TPV1 was the last course I took before the start of my next term and at the time, I had a month of "dead time." (which no longer exists for enrolled courses.) I spent that time writing my LET1 paper and absorbing stuff for ORC1/MGC1...by the time the first week of the new term came and went, I had LET1/MGC1/ORC1 knocked out. I had spent weeks working on it, but it looked like it took me a week to do it...lmao. Everyone had laughs.
  • Options
    I went a good couple of months in between. Keep in mind that TPV1 was the last course I took before the start of my next term and at the time, I had a month of "dead time." (which no longer exists for enrolled courses.) I spent that time writing my LET1 paper and absorbing stuff for ORC1/MGC1...by the time the first week of the new term came and went, I had LET1/MGC1/ORC1 knocked out. I had spent weeks working on it, but it looked like it took me a week to do it...lmao. Everyone had laughs.

I have plans of doing the same but with MS 70-640 instead of LET1. After Project+, I am going to start studying for that and schedule the exam the first week of my next term. Also will knock MGC1 and ORC1 out around the same time. That will be 14 CUs within the first 2 weeks :D
    WGU PROGRESS

• Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Well it's about time! I received this e-mail today and wish this had existed while I was taking HHT1.
    We have received student feedback requesting a resource to address questions about TaskStream tasks that have been returned for revision. Based on your feedback, we are excited to offer E-Care that allows you to connect with a representative that can answer questions or concerns about evaluator comments. An E-Care representative will be available 6 AM MT – Midnight MT Monday through Friday. During this time, when a task is returned for a revision in TaskStream, you will see a tab on the left hand side of your report called Request E-Care Support. Once you click on this tab, it will open a form in which you can explain your concern and a notification will be sent to our E-Care team. At that point, a representative will address your concern by phone or email depending on your preference. If you are submitting your request for assistance at a time other than the hours previously stated, please understand there will be a delay in response time. Also, this resource is not available for the liberal arts assessments at this time.
    The E-Care representatives can assist you in a variety of ways –
    • Review a task to ensure the appropriate evaluation was applied
    • Provide robust communication to provide clarity of revisions for the task
    • Connect you to other individuals who will assist with you gaining competence for the assessment – such as the writing center, course mentors, etc.
    • Address originality questions
    • Ensure the task release was correct
    • Provide citation of sources clarification
    The E-care representatives are not in the position to –
    • Reveal answers to the assessments
    • Replace the feedback and or guidance you can receive from a course mentor or any other learning resource
    • Make modification to any of the assessment components
    We strongly encourage you to review the evaluator’s comments carefully and talk with your mentor and course mentor anytime you have a task returned. We also want you to know that if you need a quick clarification of why a task was returned that we can provide a timely response through our E-Care representatives.

This resource will eventually be open to all assessments within the University and the E-Care representatives will be available for extended hours. We will notify you as to which assessments will have this resource and when our hours are expanding.
  • Options
    Well it's about time! I received this e-mail today and wish this had existed while I was taking HHT1.

I do not believe it would have helped you for HHT1 (if that's one of the new math classes...):

The subject of that email was this:

"New Resource Available in TaskStream for Informatio​n Technology Assessment​s," which tells me this is for Tech Writing and/or Capstone.

Also, to quote from same email:
    Also, this resource is not available for the liberal arts assessments at this time.

Personally, whenever I had revisions I didn't understand and/or couldn't get passed something the task wanted (specifically in QLT1), a course mentor was able to help me out. I was able to get to a course mentor almost immediately with no wait time. The ONLY time that was not possible was with Capstone, because now I'm dealing with a part-time course mentor. But I guess this is what this email will be addressing.....

IMHO, I will most likely not have to deal with this if Capstone turns out the way Tech Writing did for me. All one has to do is follow the same exact structure/format that is provided to you in the sample paper about the data dedupes (or any other sample paper provided to you). Assuming your writing is not terrible, you should be able to pass both classes in one shot.
  • Options
    I do not believe it would have helped you for HHT1 (if that's one of the new math classes...):

The subject of that email was this:

"New Resource Available in TaskStream for Informatio​n Technology Assessment​s," which tells me this is for Tech Writing and/or Capstone.

Yes but it also states it will eventually be available for all assessments:
    This resource will eventually be open to all assessments within the University and the E-Care representatives will be available for extended hours. We will notify you as to which assessments will have this resource and when our hours are expanding.

I for am looking forward to this. I had a bad experience with the math department this semester.

Personally, whenever I had revisions I didn't understand and/or couldn't get passed something the task wanted (specifically in QLT1), a course mentor was able to help me out. I was able to get to a course mentor almost immediately with no wait time. The ONLY time that was not possible was with Capstone, because now I'm dealing with a part-time course mentor. But I guess this is what this email will be addressing.....

Not holding anything back, huh? icon_lol.gif You would have to be there to understand my experience with the Math department. I'm not going to elaborate on it though.
  • Options
    Not holding anything back, huh? icon_lol.gif You would have to be there to understand my experience with the Math department. I'm not going to elaborate on it though.

I was just saying that the classes I had issues with on the final task were LUT1, QLT1 and INT1 that I did need to speak to a course mentor about. In each of those instances, I was able to get a course mentor on the phone. The LUT1 issue was a stupid one...I really rushed through the script so I could get it over with, but I couldn't find any fault with it until I spoke to the somewhat rude course mentor. QLT1 wasn't a revision, but I wanted to speak to a course mentor to get one question answered. Once she answered it I was on my way. Finally INT1's final task was a revision and I got on the horn with a course mentor who had no problem speaking to me for about an hour about what I did wrong in my experiment....once I properly modified it, INT1 was a done deal.

I dunno; all I meant to say was that my experience with course mentors were mostly positive. Only toward the end (my guess for this current ecare business) was a bit shaky. I hope it helps others and it sounds good....I just personally won't be benefiting from it (or plan on benefiting...unless my course mentor tells me to use them in the unlikely event I need to).
  • Options
    Well I'm glad that everything is going well for you. Are you suppose to graduate this semester? It's nice to see we are going to have several WGU graduates on TE that can share their experiences and give advice to new WGU students.
  • Options
    A question for current WGU students taking a class that requires passing the CIW exams. Is WGU still sending the official books?
  • Options
    last i checked it wasnt a "book" it was a ebook
  • Options
    A question for current WGU students taking a class that requires passing the CIW exams. Is WGU still sending the official books?

I am working on my second CIW exam (JavaScript Specialist). My first CIW exam was in June (Foundations) I was not sent a book for either course. Everything has been via the Certification-Partners training kit that includes ebook, practice exams and a few other things like labs.

I prefer ebooks since the majority of my studying is on my Xoom and the rest of my studying is on my work computer where it wouldn't look good to have my nose in a textbook all day.

I have found the material to be sufficient for the courses (will know for sure about JavaScript Specialist next weekend). One gripe I have had with that course is the lesson review tests sometimes involve questions on material not covered until later lessons. I wish I knew that before spending hours looking up things that I missed...
    WGU PROGRESS

• Options
    CCIEWANNABECCIEWANNABE Banned Posts: 465
    Can anyone comment on WGU's Masters degree in Info Security and Assurance?

I am considering going back and obtaining my Master's degree. I will have the GI Bill and am eligible for the Post 9/11 GIBill.

Is there anyone else that is using their GIBill for this program and can speak about it?

If I crunch the numbers right they look something like this:

GIBill Monthly Payment: $1473
    GiBill Housing Payment: 673

Cost of program in 6 months = $2,890

So Monthly cost of program = $481

So 1473 + 673 = 2146 total GIBill payout

$2146 - $481 = $1,665 (amount after school bill is payed)

This seems a little too good to be true.

Any comments on these figures.
  • Options
    Well I'm glad that everything is going well for you. Are you suppose to graduate this semester? It's nice to see we are going to have several WGU graduates on TE that can share their experiences and give advice to new WGU students.

I enrolled in the remaining classes I have left. My mentor tried giving me grief about it, but I was firm and told him that's what I wanted. He was very cool with it when I gave him my reasons (the mental gun to my head to finish...especially so that I can go to Atlanta in February...)

I spent two terms averaging ~30 CUs with 100% SAP. I was not going to enroll in 12 CUs and then wait until those were done to enroll in a few more...I wanted everything over and done with by the time my term started back in August.

And Veritas, FWIW, I can never say this enough; you were definitely a huge influence in my decision to finish my BS with WGU. Your cheerleading for WGU inspired many if not all of us in that endeavor. After I acquired the facts for myself, it inspired me to do the same. icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    Can anyone comment on WGU's Masters degree in Info Security and Assurance?

I am considering going back and obtaining my Master's degree. I will have the GI Bill and am eligible for the Post 9/11 GIBill.

Is there anyone else that is using their GIBill for this program and can speak about it?

If I crunch the numbers right they look something like this:

GIBill Monthly Payment: $1473
    GiBill Housing Payment: 673

Cost of program in 6 months = $2,890

So Monthly cost of program = $481

So 1473 + 673 = 2146 total GIBill payout

$2146 - $481 = $1,665 (amount after school bill is payed)

This seems a little too good to be true.

Any comments on these figures.

I assume you currently have Ch 30 MGIB and haven't converted to Post 9/11? If so, stick with Ch. 30 until you have used 100% of it. This is for 2 reasons:

1 - Post 9/11 will not pay for housing unless you have at least 1 class at a physical location (unless this has recently changed).

2 - There is a bit of a loophole with the addition of Post 9/11 GI Bill. (This only applies to a 3yr MGIB, if you earned a 4th year from Guard/Reserve, this does not apply) If you use 100% of your Ch. 30 MGIB, not a single day of benefits remaining, you can then apply for Post 9/11 GI Bill and receive an additional year of benefits. However, if you did this with a week left of Ch. 30 MGIB, that week would be converted and you would not get the extra year.

If you are using GI Bill, they can break your tuition up into six monthly payments. It will take about 2 months to start getting your benefits so plan to pay the first 2 months upfront or get a Federal Direct student loan and just repay early.

The amount you receive is based off of number of enrolled courses. The Master's CU requirements are different than the Bachelor's. Because I only know Bachelor's, I will use that as an example.

18+ CUs on initial AAV is fulltime
    13-17 CUs is 3/4 Time

To prevent risk of owing the VA anything, I initially registered for 14 CUs so I was 3/4 time with VA ($1069/mo). However, because I have added classes and now exceed 18 CUs, WGU's VA department has sent the VA a change of enrollment stating that I now qualify for full-time. Because the start date remains unchanged, the VA back-payed the difference (about $2500).

The credit requirements for full-time and 3/4 time will be less for the master's program. However, I would still suggest initially signing up for 3/4 load and adding classes on after you finish that first load. This will prevent falling 1 CU short of completing full-time requirements and having to pay the VA $$$.
    WGU PROGRESS

• Options
    I just finished going over the BOV1 learning resources and scored a 93% on the pre-assessment so I went ahead and requested my voucher. Hopefully I can get it by Friday so I can still book a Sunday exam :D
    WGU PROGRESS

• Options
    And Veritas, FWIW, I can never say this enough; you were definitely a huge influence in my decision to finish my BS with WGU. Your cheerleading for WGU inspired many if not all of us in that endeavor. After I acquired the facts for myself, it inspired me to do the same. icon_thumright.gif

Thanks for the kind words. My day at work has been unpleasant and that cheered me up.

You have also been a great advocate yourself, and relieved me of having to constantly respond to enquirers on the boards.
  • Options
    j_griffithj_griffith Member Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I assume you currently have Ch 30 MGIB and haven't converted to Post 9/11?

18+ CUs on initial AAV is fulltime
    13-17 CUs is 3/4 Time

For the Master's program the VA requires 8 CU's to be considered full time.

For online courses your housing allowance is based upon the location of the school not your residence. UTAH - less than $300 with the POST 9/11 GI Bill. If you were attending WGU - WA, IN, TX were they are recognized state schools, you may be able to the Housing allowance for those states.

I am starting the MS IS&A10/1/2011 from SC on the Ch 30. GI Bill.

Hope to see you around the forum.

R,
    J_griffith
    SFC, USA (RET)
    WGU PROGRESS
    M.S Information Assurance and Security______ Completed: 0 CU's
    Start Date: October 2011 _ ______________________ _Remaining: 32 CU's

Goal for term ending 3/30/12 - EWOB1
    Courses Remaining / Term 2 Goal -
    Completed this term -
  • Options
    j_griffithj_griffith Member Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Looking to find out the current

FNV2 Ethical Hacking

Learning Resources available from WGU? I don't get access until after my mentor meeting after Oct 1.

Are they supporting v7.1?

The program guide has:

"EC Council (2010). Ethical Hacking and Countermeasures: Attack Phases. Volume 1
    of 5. Course Technology, Cengage Learning. ISBN: 978-1-4354-8360-6
    EC Council (2010). Ethical Hacking and Countermeasures: Threats and Defense
    Mechanisms. Volume 2 of 5. Course Technology, Cengage Learning. ISBN:
    978-1-4354-8361-3MSISA © 2011 Western Governors University 6/6/11 10
    EC Council (2010). Ethical Hacking and Countermeasures: Web Applications and
    Data Servers. Volume 3 of 5. Course Technology, Cengage Learning. ISBN:
    978-1-4354-8362-0
    EC Council (2010). Ethical Hacking and Countermeasures: Linux, Macintosh, and
    Mobile Systems. Volume 4 of 5. Course Technology, Cengage Learning. ISBN:
    978-1-4354-8364-4
    EC Council (2010). Ethical Hacking and Countermeasures: Secure Network
    Infrastructures. Volume 5 of 5. Course Technology, Cengage Learning. ISBN:
    978-1-4354-8365-1
    LearnKey (―Hacking Revealed‖)—12 hours of interactive training
    • Session 1 (7 sections)
    • Session 2 (7 sections)
    • Session 3 (9 sections)
    • Session 4 (7 sections)
    • Session 5 (6 sections)
    • Session 6 (6 sections)
    ExamForce"
    WGU PROGRESS
    M.S Information Assurance and Security______ Completed: 0 CU's
    Start Date: October 2011 _ ______________________ _Remaining: 32 CU's

Goal for term ending 3/30/12 - EWOB1
    Courses Remaining / Term 2 Goal -
    Completed this term -
  • Options
    j_griffith wrote: »
    For the Master's program the VA requires 8 CU's to be considered full time.

For online courses your housing allowance is based upon the location of the school not your residence. UTAH - less than $300 with the POST 9/11 GI Bill. If you were attending WGU - WA, IN, TX were they are recognized state schools, you may be able to the Housing allowance for those states.

I am starting the MS IS&A10/1/2011 from SC on the Ch 30. GI Bill.

Hope to see you around the forum.

R,
    J_griffith
    SFC, USA (RET)

I just found this on the VA's site. It goes into effect next month (Oct 2011)
    Housing allowance is now payable to students (other than those on active duty) enrolled solely in distance learning. The housing allowance payable is equal to ½ the national average BAH for an E-5 with dependents.
    • The full-time rate for an individual eligible at the 100% eligibility tier would be $673.50 for 2011.
    WGU PROGRESS