WGU Refer-A-Friend (Thread for those seeking a referral)

Comments

• WGUGeekGirlWGUGeekGirl Member Posts: 55 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hey Ben,

If you contact the webmaster and request to have your PM's enabled you can then PM me your full name and email. After receiving that PM I can get that referral to you asap!
    "Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path." - Psalms 119:105 (KJV)
    WGU B.S. IT - Security Progress:
    Transferred
    (58 CUs) | Required (17 CUs) | In Progress (8 CUs) | Completed (36 CUs)
    BBC1, CVV1, GAC1, HHT1, AGC1, BVC1, INC1, INT1, WFV1, AXV1, CPV1, LAE1, LUT1, QBT1, IWC1, IWT1, QLT1, CLC1, DJV1, DHV1 | COV1, CQV1, CNV1, SBT1, RGT1 | DRV1, DSV1, TYC1, TYP1 | CJV1, CUV1, BOV1, TPV1, MGC1, RIT1, BNC1, KET1, CTV1
  • Outnumbered33Outnumbered33 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I would like to receive a referral as well. Looking to finish my degree in Elementary Education.
  • KeithCKeithC Member Posts: 147
    Outnumbered33 send me a email with your name and the email address you would like WGU to contact you through.
  • Outnumbered33Outnumbered33 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you KeithC.....sent you an email!
  • mp3markelmp3markel Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Wow, I am happy I found this thread! One of the reasons on why I wasn't pursuing going back to school in my area was the universities online were way too expensive and my state universities don't really focus on networking (where I'd like to specialize).

I am very interested in getting more information on WGU. The BA and Masters in I.T. Security looks like a great course, has anyone graduated from these and what are your thoughts about it? I see in the list of WGU requirements that three-plus years of IT work experience is required. Is this something you need in addition to A.S. degrees and IT certifications or is 3 years of experience accepted as a replacement for A.S. degrees and certifications?

Does WGU require you to be referred by a current student in order to apply?
  • DrovorDrovor Member Posts: 137
    mp3markel wrote: »
    I see in the list of WGU requirements that three-plus years of IT work experience is required. Is this something you need in addition to A.S. degrees and IT certifications or is 3 years of experience accepted as a replacement for A.S. degrees and certifications?

Does WGU require you to be referred by a current student in order to apply?

Only one of the requirement would need to be satisfied from how I understand it. You also don't need to be referred but if you are it will waive the application fee for you. Also the person who referred you receives a gift card. I'm still new to WGU, actually starting in July so hopefully the information is correct! icon_lol.gif

PM me your information if you need a referral.
  • wellnowwhatwellnowwhat Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I think I'm going to start the B.S. in Network Administration, so I'd really like a referral for the application fee waiver, if anyone would be so kind to give me one.

Thank you in advance!
  • demonfurbiedemonfurbie Member Posts: 1,819 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I think I'm going to start the B.S. in Network Administration, so I'd really like a referral for the application fee waiver, if anyone would be so kind to give me one.

Thank you in advance!
    pm me your full name and email
    wgu undergrad: done ... woot!!
    WGU MS IT Management: done ... double woot :cheers:
  • brittanybee8brittanybee8 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi, could someone please refer me ^^ im applying for elementary education. Please and thank you :D
  • Sledge.Sledge. Member Posts: 109
    Hi, could someone please refer me ^^ im applying for elementary education. Please and thank you :D
    Email sent.
    WGU Alum - BS:IT Security
    Active Certs: CCNA:Security, CompTia x 3 (Security+, Project+, A+), MCTS (70-680), CCENT, CCNA: Routing & Switching, CIW x 3 (Javascript, Database, Web Design)
    @mp3markel I replied to your PM (I think anyways) and sent the referral.
  • taternuts666taternuts666 Member Posts: 200
    Can someone please send me a referral? I don't have the extra money for the application right now. Applying for the IT program. Thanks in advance.

my email is my username at gmail
    Can someone please send me a referral? I don't have the extra money for the application right now. Applying for the IT program. Thanks in advance.

my email is my username at gmail

I can send a referral but I would also need your full name. Can send a PM to me.
  • taternuts666taternuts666 Member Posts: 200
    Sorry I don't have PM's enabled. My full name is Kyle Joseph Allen
    Sorry I don't have PM's enabled. My full name is Kyle Joseph Allen

I think you might have to turn it on in your profile. Anyways, I am sending a referral now.
  • MutataMutata Member Posts: 176
    If anyone has a referral up for grabs I would definitely be interested.

Thanks
  • CompuTron99CompuTron99 Member Posts: 542
    @Mutata: PM me your name and email address and I will refer you.
  • MutataMutata Member Posts: 176
  • spoonsslickspoonsslick Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi, I'm new to this forum. Can anyone spare a referral? I'm thinking about applying to WGU. thank you in advance.
    Hey Spoonsslick,

Once you contact the Webmaster and ask for your PM's to be enabled, I can get that referral out to you right away.
    "Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path." - Psalms 119:105 (KJV)
    Transferred
    BBC1, CVV1, GAC1, HHT1, AGC1, BVC1, INC1, INT1, WFV1, AXV1, CPV1, LAE1, LUT1, QBT1, IWC1, IWT1, QLT1, CLC1, DJV1, DHV1 | COV1, CQV1, CNV1, SBT1, RGT1 | DRV1, DSV1, TYC1, TYP1 | CJV1, CUV1, BOV1, TPV1, MGC1, RIT1, BNC1, KET1, CTV1
    Thank you WGUGeekGirl! Appreciate the help! I will do that and send you a PM once I get the PM function going. I see you went to Penn State. How did you like it there? I was debating on either Penn State or WGU, but I guess WGU won since it was cheaper and included Certificates.
    I went to Penn State World Campus and it was a good fit for my Associate degree coming straight out of high school. It gave me the college experience I needed for writing, IT principles, project management (team projects were big for IST degrees, a positive and a negative, just like the real world icon_rolleyes.gif), an internship, etc. But there was no IT Security via World Campus for the Bachelors degree, not to mention the expense. Then I found out about the IT Security program at WGU, and after many family prayers, research, and a referral, I'm a confirmed WGUGeekGirl!
    Transferred
  • guhtguht Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Looking for a referral to WGU. If you can PM me that would be much appreciated! :)
  • fre45fre45 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello all! I am applying to WGU as well and looking for a referral. I am in the process of having my PMing activated; would anyone mind helping me out by giving me a referral? I will PM you my email and name when I have access.
    Thank you; I appreciate it!

Enabled PM
    guht wrote: »
    Looking for a referral to WGU. If you can PM me that would be much appreciated! :)

As soon as you get PM's enabled I can send that referral out to you!
    fre45 wrote: »
    Hello all! I am applying to WGU as well and looking for a referral. I am in the process of having my PMing activated; would anyone mind helping me out by giving me a referral? I will PM you my email and name when I have access.
    Thank you; I appreciate it!

As soon as you get your PM's enabled I can get a referral out to you!
    Transferred
    As soon as you get PM's enabled I can send that referral out to you!

As soon as you get your PM's enabled I can get a referral out to you!

What else do I need to do to enable PMs? I went under 'General Settings' and put a check in the box for 'receive email from other members'? Enabled PM
    guht wrote: »
    What else do I need to do to enable PMs? I went under 'General Settings' and put a check in the box for 'receive email from other members'?

Just contact the Webmaster and request that your PM's be enabled.
    Transferred
    Just contact the Webmaster and request that your PM's be enabled.

Just contacted the webmaster and they emailed me and said it was done! icon_wink.gif
    Thank you WGUGeekGirl! Appreciate the referral.