Rooting for you

Me too!
  • Options
    gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    As am I, of course!

You've got this.
  • Options
    Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I wish I had some grand words of wisdom for you or something, but I don't.

No worries- I do appreciate your advice though, and much of it reaffirms my current plan-and I have actually gotten stuck on the INE labs with forgetting to take other sections into account, so I really need to remember that..better yet, I need to DO that on test day!
  • Options
    Also wanted to say "thanks" for the words of encouragement as usual, you guys are awesome.

Decided that I think I'll do one more full lab before the test day. The rest of the time I'll be focusing on my TS skills and finishing up all of the INE TS labs. I've improved a lot and I think my speed is where it should be, or very close.

So that being said, I was going to push hard the rest of this week, but to be honest, I'm worn out, and feel like there's not much I'm going to gain by labbing hard this week. So I'm going to study daily, but keep it at a reasonable amount, and try to maintain my proficiency for the big lab day. As I mentioned, I'm going to do one final full lab later this week, and the rest will be smaller ones.
  • Options
    You should probably rest up and chill... Yeah I bet that's easy to do as well.... icon_biggrin.gif
  • Options
    jason_lundejason_lunde Member Posts: 567
    Mrock...just dont panic. When you get flustered in the lab, get up, and go get a drink in the break room or something. Dont be afraid to take a brain break for a couple of minutes... Day before my lab all i did is make sure i knew where my **** was in the doc-cd.
  • Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good luck Mrock! Rootin for you man!
  • Options
    Of course it happens- I get sick DAYS before my first attempt. I've come down with something. I haven't been sick in a year! I don't care though, I'll drag myself in there with a bottle of hand sanitizer, tissues, and dayquil if I have to! Going to lab a bit today then rest.
  • Options
    reaper81reaper81 Member Posts: 631
    At least you have a couple of days to get better hopefully. But it's no big deal. For one day it doesn't matter that much if you are sick, tired or whatever. It's the big boys game now, it's time to perform. That doesn't mean it's a bust if you fail but it sure as hell is a bust if you didn't give it your best.

I know you have a military background and I was trained as a marine myself. You have prepared adequately now it's just about performing at that day. You can do it!
    Daniel Dib
    CCIE #37149
  • Options
    colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Get well soon...

then take that lab, and beat the [EMAIL="!@#$"]!@#$[/EMAIL] out of it with a hammer. :)
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
  • Options
    reaper81 wrote: »
    At least you have a couple of days to get better hopefully. But it's no big deal. For one day it doesn't matter that much if you are sick, tired or whatever. It's the big boys game now, it's time to perform. That doesn't mean it's a bust if you fail but it sure as hell is a bust if you didn't give it your best.

I know you have a military background and I was trained as a marine myself. You have prepared adequately now it's just about performing at that day. You can do it!

You're right. I'm not so much concerned about how I feel, but I don't want to be distracted the day of the exam. I should be OK though, I'll squeeze some rest and fluids in before the test, and give it my all on Monday next week!
  • Options
    reaper81reaper81 Member Posts: 631
    Mrock4 wrote: »
    You're right. I'm not so much concerned about how I feel, but I don't want to be distracted the day of the exam. I should be OK though, I'll squeeze some rest and fluids in before the test, and give it my all on Monday next week!

Yeah, it's a strange feeling anyway being in a place you are not used to and new to the environment etc. It might be a sign you have pushed that hard so try to take it a bit easier in the final days. Better come well rested than doing lots of cramming and feeling worn out on the lab day.
    Daniel Dib
    CCIE #37149
  • Options
    vinbuckvinbuck Member Posts: 785 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Suck it up Devil Dog!! Can't be as bad as boot camp icon_smile.gif (unless you were a Hollywood Marine)

But seriously...good luck man!!!
    Cisco was my first networking love, but my "other" router is a Mikrotik...
  • Options
    haha! Easy with all this devil dog talk..I was army!

But really, I appreciate the sentiments. I'm ready for test day to get here. I'm not sure if the other guys here who passed the CCIE felt the same, but I'm just ready to get it over with at this point. It seems like time is dragging! Usually a week flies by, and this week has been really slow. On the bright side, I fly out in 3 days, so it's definitely coming!
  • Options
    broli720broli720 Member Posts: 394 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I've been following this thread for a while and I just wanted to wish you good luck!
  • Options
    spiderjerichospiderjericho Registered Users, Member Posts: 891 ■■■■■□□□□□

But really, I appreciate the sentiments. I'm ready for test day to get here. I'm not sure if the other guys here who passed the CCIE felt the same, but I'm just ready to get it over with at this point. It seems like time is dragging! Usually a week flies by, and this week has been really slow. On the bright side, I fly out in 3 days, so it's definitely coming!

Listen up Devil Dawg, you need to tie those go fasters tighter, channel Chesty and hook and jab your way through that lab exam.

You know the saying, the few, the proud,

I remember when you stepped on the yellow foot prints. You were nasty. Now, you're one week away from getting your EGA.

JK. Good luck to you on your test, Mike.
  • Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□

Good luck! You've put the time in now its time to get that number!
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options
    My last full lab today! doing a somewhat "simulated" full lab today. Going to do my last INE TS lab, and full lab..back to back, with mandatory 30 minute lunch break. We'll see how it goes!
  • Options
    yuddhidhtiryuddhidhtir Member Posts: 197 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I've been following your thread and if anyone deserved to be a CCIE its you. Even if you don't pass, i am sure you gonna fight till the end and claim whats yours. Best of wishesicon_thumright.gif
    “Satisfaction lies in the effort, not in the attainment; full effort is full victory.”
  • Options
    Thanks yuddhidhtir! I will not quit (unless it takes me 5 attempts..then I probably will!!!)

Even though the test is monday, tomorrow feels like the big day since I'm flying out to RTP. The one thing I have going in my favor, is for my job, I travel the country and work in strange places on a regular basis- I might be sitting on a steel stool in a data center one day, in an office the next, or in a lab- it changes with each project. So that being said, the idea of traveling to RTP, and "working" in a new environment is pretty normal for me, so there's not a lot of anxiety there. That being said, I still realize how big of a deal this is, and how LONG I've been waiting for this moment. Let's hope I do well!

Going to lab really lightly today- probably only an hour or two. The rest of the day I'm going to relax. Tomorrow when I arrive in RTP I'm going to take everyone's advice and spend the evening reviewing documentation, get off to bed early, and get ready for the lab!
  • Options
    SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423
    Good luck man!!

Definitely rest up and knock it out of the park!
    My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS
  • Options
    powmiapowmia Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 322
    I wish you the best. Get it done, no differently than you would pound through an INE lab. Methodically and precise. You'll be in a race against the clock... so take your time :) Measure, cut, measure. Good luck!
  • Options
    The very best of luck.

Come back with those digits! :D
  • Options
    spiderjerichospiderjericho Registered Users, Member Posts: 891 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Good luck Mike aka Devildawg. You're going to get those numbers. Be easy, have confidence in yourself.
  • Options
    carterw65carterw65 Member Posts: 318 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck, almost there! Get 'er done!
  • Options
    nerdydadnerdydad Member Posts: 261
    Good luck Mrock, I haven't been around much, but it's because I've had my nose buried in books, and super busy with work.

You've got this!
  • Options
    Kinet1cKinet1c Member Posts: 604 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Best of luck!
    2018 Goals - Learn all the Hashicorp products

Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity
  • Options
    Thanks gentleman! The experience has begun as I am sitting at the airport awaiting my flight to RTP. I'll surely report in on my experiences in the next 36 hours as they'll prove to be very interesting I am sure. Kind of scary to think in 24 hours exactly I will be beginning the CCIE lab! This thing has been a very, very long time coming. I need to keep my nerves in check, and give this thing 100% effort.
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Go get it Mike!!
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    Thanks Essendon, glad to see you around here :) !!

Well, I drove to the wrong hotel (GPS'd the wrong DoubleTree), and finally got here, got upgraded to an executive suite that is very nice. Not a bad way to start this trip! Off now to grab some food and stop by Building 3 at Cisco to check it out!
This discussion has been closed.